Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 08:14 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,622,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
Oh, I'm excited, it's just that from time to time I get this weird feeling about being alive forever, like isn't there supposed to be an end? There is always an end to everything, a movie, a good meal etc. These examples definitely don't compare or relate to eternity but I'm just saying that everything ends. So to conceive eternity as never-ending is tough at times
I know exactly what you mean....I was thinking about it today. In my case, I think it's not really fear of eternity but more a fear of the unknown. I don't even think fear is the right word to describe it.

Anyway, I know what you are trying to say.

Our minds can't conceive forever, that's all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2008, 09:45 AM

1,461 posts, read 3,652,204 times
I was thinking about this when I was driving this morning. I though also about the verse that says there will be no more tears. Just think, no sadness, tears, regrets, fear, disappointments or anger. There will be no gender which means everyone is just a spirit. God is not bound by time so many think it will be like an every present "now". Like in the Garden of Eden, fruit was always on the trees, there were no seasons. That was part of the fall also. Who knows exactly what it will be like but with a loving, creative, all knowing God you know it has to be amazing.

Old 08-14-2008, 09:59 AM

23 posts, read 44,798 times
No, Im not scared. Im happy about it to be exact.

Old 08-14-2008, 09:59 AM

810 posts, read 1,437,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
I know exactly what you mean....I was thinking about it today. In my case, I think it's not really fear of eternity but more a fear of the unknown. I don't even think fear is the right word to describe it.

Anyway, I know what you are trying to say.

Our minds can't conceive forever, that's all.

It's funny how we have such a hard time conceiving forever (sort of like thinking about outerspace having no end), but yet we fight dying and growing old tooth and nail.

Old 08-14-2008, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeveenh View Post
It's funny how we have such a hard time conceiving forever (sort of like thinking about outerspace having no end), but yet we fight dying and growing old tooth and nail.
I know....weird isn't it??

I guess because it's the only thing that we DO know.

Old 08-15-2008, 02:52 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,282,340 times
Talking Me too!!!

Quote:
Quote:
Call me crazy but sometimes I get scared of eternity. Make sense? Nope. I was thinking this morning about being alive forever and ever and ever and it's such a foreign thought at times. The thought of my life never ending seems scary at times. I don't know why. Maybe it's my finite mind that can't comprehend it. Has anyone ever had these thoughts or am I the only nut in the basket?

Me too!! Hoosier
I was thinking that I was being wierd, and was too embarassed about it to
bring it up;
But yeah!
with my natural mind, it seems like it may be a little boring too..
Thank the Lord that I'm not lead by my natural finite mind....
singing the tune...Craaazy (Patsy Cline)
God Bless
p.s., can't wait til I get my own internet service...
I can hang out with you guys a little longer
Library is about to close see ya,
Luv Yall...............

Old 08-15-2008, 03:26 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,549,348 times
I am hoping we will have the entire universe to explore. That would take 'forever'

Old 08-15-2008, 03:53 PM

1,016 posts, read 3,036,053 times
I'm going to need Eternity in order to ever complete my "honey-do" list. The concept of not being bound to time is incredibly appealing to me.

Old 08-16-2008, 08:48 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times
Quote:
Call me crazy but sometimes I get scared of eternity. Make sense? Nope. I was thinking this morning about being alive forever and ever and ever and it's such a foreign thought at times. The thought of my life never ending seems scary at times. I don't know why. Maybe it's my finite mind that can't comprehend it. Has anyone ever had these thoughts or am I the only nut in the basket?
I don't think its crazy. If a person realizes that their lifestyle is against Gods word and does not repents and makes no attempt to battle it, then seeing a perfect God in his anger would be more than scary...terrifying would be moe like it. As Jesus said,

Matthew 15:18-20
"But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and these make a man 'unclean.' For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. These are what make a man 'unclean'; but eating with unwashed hands does not make him 'unclean.' "

As God said through Paul,

1 Corinthians 6:12-13
[ Sexual Immorality ] "Everything is permissible for me"—but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible for me"—but I will not be mastered by anything. Food for the stomach and the stomach for food"—but God will destroy them both. The body is not meant for sexual immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body."

1 Corinthians 6:18
Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body.

Galatians 5:19
The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery;

Ephesians 5:3
But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people.

Colossians 3:5
Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry.

1 Thessalonians 4:3
It is God's will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality;

There will be no 'unclean' person found in the kingdom of heaven.

Old 08-16-2008, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisW View Post
I'm going to need Eternity in order to ever complete my "honey-do" list. The concept of not being bound to time is incredibly appealing to me.
Amen to that, TravisW!!! That's a good way to look at it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity