Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you find a Christian dating someone of a different religion wrong?
Yes 19 57.58%
No 14 42.42%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 11:40 PM

937 posts, read 864,048 times

Advertisements

Do you find a Christian dating someone of a different religion wrong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2008, 11:41 PM

1,597 posts, read 2,146,119 times
We're not to be unequally yoked with unbelievers.

Or do you mean inter-denominational dating?

Old 08-23-2008, 11:59 PM

937 posts, read 864,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquila View Post
We're not to be unequally yoked with unbelievers.

Or do you mean inter-denominational dating?
No, I mean inter-religious dating. Dating someone who believes in a completely different religion.

Old 08-24-2008, 01:00 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,227,664 times
I don't see anything wrong with a black man marrying a white woman.
Or a black man marrying a brown man.
So why should I be bothered when an orthodox Christian wants to marry an atheist feminist woman?

As long as the married couple love each other and honour each other who am I to stand in their way?

Old 08-24-2008, 01:46 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,396,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
So why should I be bothered when an orthodox Christian wants to marry an atheist feminist woman?

As long as the married couple love each other and honour each other who am I to stand in their way?
Would you want to be in a marriage that is reflective of some of the discussion on this forum ????

Old 08-24-2008, 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by bluepacific
Quote:
Would you want to be in a marriage that is reflective of some of the discussion on this forum ????
Only if I truly love her and she also is in love with me.
I don't really care about the opinions of strangers.
I only care for the opinion of those I love and who love me.
Not that we have to agree.

If ya ask me Christians are obsessed with the whole head of the table thing.
I mean if 2 gay men are married who is then the head of the household?
And in the case of 2 lesbian women there are no men in the household which also is a problem for Christians.

And what if a Christian man has fallen in love with a feminist woman who doesn't fall for 'the man is the head of the household' doctrine?
Should he then drop the love of his life because she thinks that a man automatically being the head of the household is just a sexist doctrine?

Old 08-24-2008, 02:50 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,396,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by bluepacificIf ya ask me Christians are obsessed with the whole head of the table thing.
I mean if 2 gay men are married who is then the head of the household?
And in the case of 2 lesbian women there are no men in the household which also is a problem for Christians.
Now this would be a good subject for discussion perhaps in another Social section, but not sure where. I have lived around Gay/Lesbian areas much of or half my life and worked professionally with both and got along with both. The one interesting thing I've always wondered is, if guys and guys or gals and gals work better for some, then why in both instances do the couples in both types of relationships have one who takes on the dominent male role and the other a more subortinate feminine one ??? I'm not making any fun here, just an observation. But let's not get off topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D
And what if a XXXXX man has fallen in love with a feminist woman who doesn't fall for 'the man is the head of the household' doctrine?
Well, there is that Bill & Hillary thingy gingy!!!

Old 08-24-2008, 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by bluepacific
Quote:
The one interesting thing I've always wondered is, if guys and guys or gals and gals work better for some, then why in both instances do the couples in both types of relationships have one who takes on the dominent male role and the other a more subortinate feminine one ???
Social conditioning?
Our whole society revolves around leaders and followers.

I don't consider myself a leader or a follower.
But this is easy if you don't really care what others think of you.
And not being in a 'serious' relationship also helps.

Old 08-24-2008, 12:15 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,858,867 times
It's not wrong, but it can sure cause a lot of family arguments.

Last edited by Okiegirlfriend; 08-24-2008 at 01:47 PM..

Old 08-24-2008, 12:34 PM

90 posts, read 209,596 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAP443 View Post

Yes, its wrong and is stated in the 1st and 2nd Testaments. Persons filled with the sprite of the Lord should not date persons that are not presently saved. Do not be yoked with a unbeliever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity