Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 11:23 AM

2,271 posts, read 2,637,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Dear plain and simple, Matthew 25:31-46 is not about heaven and hell nor it is about eternity in heaven or eternity in hell.

It is about those NATIONS who mistreated Christ's brethren. If you really really believe Christ is going to send people to eternal fire for just withholding a cup of water from one of His brethren, then He is the most pathetic being in the universe and is unjust. Do you really really believe a nation can go to heaven because and only because that nation gave a cup of water to one of Jesus' brethren? If that's the case, who needs Jesus' death for their sins?

Yes, the chastening of the nations does last as long as the blessings of the good nations who treated His brethren well during their great tribulation. But it is far from eternal. It is only for 1000 years. Those nations will enter into the same fire Israel went into when held by Egypt for 400+ years before Moses let them out of that furnace. Was it a literal fire or a literal furnace?
There isn't a single scriptural reference in the Bible to support anything you said, Euseibus. Everything you said is a Universalism interpretation only. It's a teaching from a person without any factual reference. Where is the scriptural reference that that passage in Matthew is about nations? Scripture interprets scripture and there is an overwhelming abundance of scriptural evidence to support what I said.

I just wanted to reply back out of courtesy. I'm not a one time poster who flees after disagreeing. However, I'm not a debater either. Neither of us will change our minds and it's fruitless. This is also not the topic of this thread and I don't want to derail it any further. No offenses taken or meant. Have a blessed Christmas!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2011, 12:27 PM

63,461 posts, read 39,726,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plain and simple View Post
The words of Jesus Himself declare an eternal hell for those who don't repent and turn to Him. For the life of me, I can't understand how anyone can ignore the many, many scriptures that talk about hell, the eternality of it and the fact that a great many people will end up there.
This is the lie that is repeated and repeated without merit by ET'ers to their shame in blaspheming the true nature of God with such heinous primitive and savage beliefs born in ancient ignorance and superstition.

Old 12-14-2011, 12:45 PM

3,066 posts, read 3,704,077 times
[quote=plain and simple;22071802]

>> To be Christian, the scriptures are to be believed and upheld. You can't claim Christianity and reject any of the scriptures.<<

RESPONSE:

Not necessarily. There are a number who recognize that scripture isn't divinely inspired and yet remain Christians.

>>Jesus’ own words confirm......<<

RESPONSE:

We really don't know "Jesus' own words confirm". He didn't write anything down himself and what was written was written very many years after the events described. Thus your statement is based on an assumption which you cannot know.

" Words, for instance were put in the mouth of Jesus and stories were told about him which, although not historical in the strict sense, nevertheless in the minds of the evangelists, fittingly expressed expressed the real meaning and intent of Jesus as faith had come to perceive him. For this reason scholars have come to make a distinction between the Jesus of history and the Christ of faith." (Bokenkotter - A Concise History of the Catholic Church)

Last edited by ancient warrior; 12-14-2011 at 01:02 PM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity