U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 11:36 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,166,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
I realize this my dear. You do feel really foolish for wasting VALUABLE years pursuing a fantasy in the spirit of seeking "first the kingdom of god" in order for "all other things to be added unto you." Then you are told, "oh, you were NEVER a real Christian" as if to say you did not put your whole heart, soul and mind into the myth.

Anyway I know you are just regaining your sanity and brain, but as you pointed out up top, it is indeed refreshing and liberating to be able to once again, think for yourself and used CRITICAL thinking over wishful thinking. Of course, some will think you are now in the clutches of Satan and will be doing drugs, swinging half naked off poles and sacrificing babies to satan in your back yard but take it in stride.
Oh....I've already been told how Damned I am already....it is actually pretty funny when you hear anyone saying it. You just have to shake your head and walk away because I don't waste my time with people like that any longer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 11:42 AM

6,805 posts, read 4,763,090 times
Quote:
You're not a baby so sacrificing you is not an option. Well there is always the "virgin" part.
Dang.. nope don't qualify.. 'member, I'm married. When you posted that it reminded me of the movie "Year One"... where they are sacrificing the virgins...

Anyway... totally off topic now! Sorry. (and yet I am posting it anyway )

Old 05-28-2010, 11:43 AM

4,832 posts, read 3,927,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Those who have no desire to remove their religious blinders often make derogatory statements like yours above and they are fully expected. Fortunately I have common sense and a rational mind that I actually use.

If you get spiritual pleasure/satisfaction from worshipping a diety that advocates and takes pleasure from being misogynistic towards women treating them no better than chattal; who takes pleasure from the wholesale murder of men, women (ripping pregnant women open), children; who takes pleasure from the wholesale slavery of people; one who advocates incest and polygamy and one who takes pleasure from animal and human sacrifice...have at it....I prefer not to live my life believing in anyone/diety/thing/it that would advocate and take pleasure in those types of attrocities.

Christy I would add one little thing to this. I know the biblical god gets all the blame, but to be fair to "him" he has been used and abused by man over the ages. The truth is, he does not exist, however, man has created him and many others like him, to excuse their vileness. For example, when we read in Numbers 31:1 that god "spoke unto Moses" and told him to go kill Midianites, are we really to believe some deity actually told Moses to go kill his (Moses') wife's people or was it Moses' own crazy idea? Throwing a god or some other religious reason in was just to make it excusable like modern day terrorist do. Heck, later in the same story, Moses is angry that the army actually spared the male children. We don't read that god spoke to him at that point and told him to hack all of them to death, right? Did the writer forget to toss god in to qualify the decision to kill all of those children and to also play gynecologists to see which girl chidren were still virgins?

What about Abraham? Are we really to believe some deity told this guy to go kill his son just for some sick "let me see what this guy would do for me" pleasure OR did the writer just have a little too much beans for dinner while telling the story at the fire?

Old 05-28-2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Dang.. nope don't qualify.. 'member, I'm married. When you posted that it reminded me of the movie "Year One"... where they are sacrificing the virgins...

Anyway... totally off topic now! Sorry. (and yet I am posting it anyway )
It's the Friday before a major holiday. A little diversion should not hurt, right? lol

Anyway, I just hopped in on the last few pages so my apologies to the author of this thread and the mods.

Old 05-28-2010, 11:53 AM

10,418 posts, read 3,987,692 times
Quote:
I can tell you for certain that when I began this journey I also didn't want to throw the baby out with the bathwater but unfortunately the actual physical evidence didn't allow that. It's not been an easy journey and made me extremely angry at times to know that I had been duped for so long but my journey has ended and I am much better off...no longer living in fear of any kind of superstitious retribution, no longer living worrying about whether I stack up to some supernatural diety, knowing that when bad things happen...they just happen because that's life not because of some demented grand scheme of some demented god. I am free to live my life doing what I've always done; being the kind, generous and loving person I've always been...living my life to the fullest and enjoying every moment of every single day as if it were my last. I no longer need a crutch to get through this life and that is extremely refreshing and eyeopening!!
Most of what i see in your ranting is coming from the EvilBible.com website, been there read it...I also see where the Author twisted things up with misunderstanding...Let me tell you one more thing...God is not a crutch for me...i was happy and carefree in my former life,college education, skilled making good money, had women, and everything, pretty much got what ever i wanted...He just opened my eyes one day and that was that...I do not jump on the wagon because i need friends or am lonely, or i need an excuse because i can't fight, i was in Desert Storm and had no fear and i can still kick the stuffing out of pretty much anyone, like i said getting women was not a problem, i was not ugly...so, why would i believe in a god that wasn't there when my whole life was perfect and allow it to change me?...Because there was something supernatural about the change...a lot of people noticed i was different and could not put their finger on it...So, what changed me out of the blue?...and what keeps me going?...I question everything...i do deep research, i've seen the contradictions in scripture that are not really contradictions...i've been to the archeological sites, and seen what has been discovered...Just as evolution has twisted their finds and outright lied to further their 'theology', everything you read that is written by man, especially today is not always completely true...Someone somwhere is going to write a book and aver that they have it, the truth...they have been using radio carbon dating to prove that the earth is millions of years old...but, the man that developed the technology made a film stateing that the technology was worthless and riddled with errors...but, yet they ignore that one important piece of information...Why?...i would say to further their lies...have you read Josephus?...Tacitus?...These men spoke of Jesus...My cousin who is a retired CIA and professor of Physics related to me of one of his collegues that was bent on proving that life came from a primordial soup and he tried everything to create life from the elements and failed...I don't know about ou, but i go and see things with my own eyes before i believe what someone says in a book or article...Books are all well and good but common experience is better...My daughter is being told a truth in school that cigarette smoke kills and so does second hand smoke...it is a lie i have found through common experience and research that the medical know that every living creature has cancer cells in their body and they still cannot tell you what makes them activate in one person and not in another...my grandfather smoked 5 packs a day from the age of nine till he was eighty-two and he died of old age at ninety-two and at that time they were stunned to find his lungs were pink with no cancer...and then i know a friend who never smoked and avoided second hand smoke and got lung cancer...but, yet all these commercials and lessons in school are by non-smokers that think no one should smoke and will lie about the dangers of smoking to pass their agenda, which is to force people through lobbying or lie and fear tactics to quit smoking...

Old 05-28-2010, 11:57 AM

Quote:
I realize this my dear. You do feel really foolish for wasting VALUABLE years pursuing a fantasy in the spirit of seeking "first the kingdom of god" in order for "all other things to be added unto you." Then you are told, "oh, you were NEVER a real Christian" as if to say you did not put your whole heart, soul and mind into the myth.

Anyway I know you are just regaining your sanity and brain, but as you pointed out up top, it is indeed refreshing and liberating to be able to once again, think for yourself and used CRITICAL thinking over wishful thinking. Of course, some will think you are now in the clutches of Satan and will be doing drugs, swinging half naked off poles and sacrificing babies to satan in your back yard but take it in stride.
Only the religious nuts will think that...I just think she has apostisized...

Old 05-28-2010, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Most of what i see in your ranting is coming from the EvilBible.com website, been there read it...I also see where the Author twisted things up with misunderstanding...Let me tell you one more thing...God is not a crutch for me...i was happy and carefree in my former life,college education, skilled making good money, had women, and everything, pretty much got what ever i wanted...He just opened my eyes one day and that was that...I do not jump on the wagon because i need friends or am lonely, or i need an excuse because i can't fight, i was in Desert Storm and had no fear and i can still kick the stuffing out of pretty much anyone, like i said getting women was not a problem, i was not ugly...so, why would i believe in a god that wasn't there when my whole life was perfect and allow it to change me?...Because there was something supernatural about the change...a lot of people noticed i was different and could not put their finger on it...So, what changed me out of the blue?...and what keeps me going?...I question everything...i do deep research, i've seen the contradictions in scripture that are not really contradictions...i've been to the archeological sites, and seen what has been discovered...Just as evolution has twisted their finds and outright lied to further their 'theology', everything you read that is written by man, especially today is not always completely true...Someone somwhere is going to write a book and aver that they have it, the truth...they have been using radio carbon dating to prove that the earth is millions of years old...but, the man that developed the technology made a film stateing that the technology was worthless and riddled with errors...but, yet they ignore that one important piece of information...Why?...i would say to further their lies...have you read Josephus?...Tacitus?...These men spoke of Jesus...My cousin who is a retired CIA and professor of Physics related to me of one of his collegues that was bent on proving that life came from a primordial soup and he tried everything to create life from the elements and failed...I don't know about ou, but i go and see things with my own eyes before i believe what someone says in a book or article...Books are all well and good but common experience is better...My daughter is being told a truth in school that cigarette smoke kills and so does second hand smoke...it is a lie i have found through common experience and research that the medical know that every living creature has cancer cells in their body and they still cannot tell you what makes them activate in one person and not in another...my grandfather smoked 5 packs a day from the age of nine till he was eighty-two and he died of old age at ninety-two and at that time they were stunned to find his lungs were pink with no cancer...and then i know a friend who never smoked and avoided second hand smoke and got lung cancer...but, yet all these commercials and lessons in school are by non-smokers that think no one should smoke and will lie about the dangers of smoking to pass their agenda, which is to force people through lobbying or lie and fear tactics to quit smoking...
I am happy to hear Christianity made a (what you beliebe to be) positive change in yoru life. Hey, some folks NEED religion to dictate to them what they need to do, without which, they would be all over the place. If it works for you to make you a better person, great! I suggest keeping it up.

Now as for Josephus, you might really want to get the facts straight on his alleged [favorable] mention of Jesus. It's not as "clean" as you might think it is.

Old 05-28-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Wow... you HAVE been busy! Good to see it!
And she's done all this studying in what a month or two?...come on, i've been studying that stuff for 20 years or more and found inconsistencies in it...so, in a month she has all the answers?...uh huh, ok....It was about a month ago that she was trying to shove UR down peoples throats...and now she knows the Truth????...get real...

Old 05-28-2010, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Only the religious nuts will think that...I just think she has apostisized...
There are a lot of them on your side of the fence Richard. Look around a little harder.

You say she 'apostasized' (a definition from the Christian side of the fence) and I say she woke up and smelled the coffee and good for her!

Old 05-28-2010, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Those who have no desire to remove their religious blinders often make derogatory statements like yours above and they are fully expected. Fortunately I have common sense and a rational mind that I actually use.

If you get spiritual pleasure/satisfaction from worshipping a diety that advocates and takes pleasure from being misogynistic towards women treating them no better than chattal; who takes pleasure from the wholesale murder of men, women (ripping pregnant women open), children; who takes pleasure from the wholesale slavery of people; one who advocates incest and polygamy and one who takes pleasure from animal and human sacrifice...have at it....I prefer not to live my life believing in anyone/diety/thing/it that would advocate and take pleasure in those types of attrocities.
OK...you've made your decision...and some more of what you said comes from that website...You have discovered that God is not the god you want Him to be so now you call it nonsense...You should have gone farther with your studies, and really found out what's going on...Like i did...And i still have Faith...Do you believe in the death penaly for murderers?...or Rapists?...or do you think they can be reformed?...Would you allow them to go free with just a slap on the wrist and a lecture?..Where have you seen human sacrifice in the Bible?...

Heb 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
Heb 6:5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
Heb 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

I guess you will find out if this is nonsense when you die...

Last edited by Richard1965; 05-28-2010 at 12:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity