Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 09:48 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,000,976 times

Advertisements

Christy I have watched you go from believer to unbeliever and your journey is quite similar to mine. Props to you for coming to your senses and finally seeing the light. Just remember, you're NOT alone.

Pleero, I need to get back to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 10:00 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,209,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Christy I have watched you go from believer to unbeliever and your journey is quite similar to mine. Props to you for coming to your senses and finally seeing the light. Just remember, you're NOT alone.

Pleero, I need to get back to you.
Thanks much...it's never easy to admit to oneself that you've been a complete and utter moron to believe and actually try to convert others to believe in such nonsense. A loving, omniscient, omnipotent and all knowing god would not do the things and advocate the things that are attributed to him in that archaic book.

Old 05-28-2010, 10:16 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
You could certainly be correct. I've come to somewhat the same conclusion about the bible, but I still find myself hoping someone will provide evidence to the contrary. If you're willing to post what sources you've been studying, I'd be interested to know.
It sounds like she has been to the EvilBible.com website...most of it sound like the material there...

Old 05-28-2010, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Perhaps you should look at the FACTS of when the OT was actually written....it's easy to make up stories/jewish history about events long after the events happens to other people and claim it as your own.
Like i've said...Been there and done that...Even read Holy Blood Holy Grail and researched it out and found that most of there reseach was not valid and a lot of outright lies...big scandal...

Old 05-28-2010, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Thanks much...it's never easy to admit to oneself that you've been a complete and utter moron to believe and actually try to convert others to believe in such nonsense. A loving, omniscient, omnipotent and all knowing god would not do the things and advocate the things that are attributed to him in that archaic book.
I realize this my dear. You do feel really foolish for wasting VALUABLE years pursuing a fantasy in the spirit of seeking "first the kingdom of god" in order for "all other things to be added unto you." Then you are told, "oh, you were NEVER a real Christian" as if to say you did not put your whole heart, soul and mind into the myth.

Anyway I know you are just regaining your sanity and brain, but as you pointed out up top, it is indeed refreshing and liberating to be able to once again, think for yourself and used CRITICAL thinking over wishful thinking. Of course, some will think you are now in the clutches of Satan and will be doing drugs, swinging half naked off poles and sacrificing babies to satan in your back yard but take it in stride.

Old 05-28-2010, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
How many churches did Jesus create? Answer: One. Is 32,000+ versions of the truth better for you or part of the plan? People always say, well, Christians of all kinds agree on the essentials. That begs the question, what are the essentials. Well, I would think the correct path to salvation is one of the essentials. Do all Christian denominations agree on that one? Heck no. Bottom line, if you think that Christians agree on the essentials, then you are completely delusional. So now the question becomes who is right and who is wrong and who gets to decide? You still think Authority has no place in the modern world? Again, if anarchy and chaos is your thing, then well, enjoy the protestant world. I prefer ONE truth, because quite frankly, that's all there is. And the Authority to create your Bible was kind of important, don't you think? Jesus didn't create the Bible. He created a living Church that He said He would protect until the end of time. Lo and behold, that Church is still around 2000 years later. Amazing! Jesus's Church to get Jesus's Authoritative Truth. Ah, it's very comforting.
I have no idea where you were going with that rant...

Old 05-28-2010, 10:24 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,522,699 times
Quote:
I'd really be interested to know how you came to the same conclusion.

For me it started with all of the contradictions, inconsistencies and just downright abominations I found in the bible that were attributed to a supposed all knowing, omniscient, omnipotent and loving god. When the bible is taken for what it truly says, god is a huge proponent of slavery and fully endorses it, that god is a misogynist and hates women treating them no better than property, that god revels and glories in the destruction of small children and women, and that god spells out detailed instructions for animal and human sacrifice because these are "pleasing" to him...and I continued on from there studying the ancient origins of the bible, god, etc. From there it progressed to ancient astrotheology, ancient archeology, ancient history, ancient mythology, etc. When you come to the realization that you've been mislead and fed a pile of dog doodie passed off as "truth" but turns out to be nothing more than a myth perpetuated as "truth", it's easy to walk away. It also makes you extremely angry.

I would urge anyone who has even a modicum of common sense to begin to critically analyze their "faith" and "beliefs" to find out exactly what it is they are putting so much stock in believing. When the rubber meets the road...this faith and belief can only be defended if one chooses to keep their religious blinders on and not see the actual physical evidence for what it is.
Wow... you HAVE been busy! Good to see it!

Old 05-28-2010, 10:26 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,522,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
I realize this my dear. You do feel really foolish for wasting VALUABLE years pursuing a fantasy in the spirit of seeking "first the kingdom of god" in order for "all other things to be added unto you." Then you are told, "oh, you were NEVER a real Christian" as if to say you did not put your whole heart, soul and mind into the myth.

Anyway I know you are just regianing your sanity and brain, but as you pointed out up top, it is indeed refreshing and liberating to be able to once again, think for yourself and used CRITICAL thinking over wishful thinking. Of course, some will think you are now in the crutches of Satan and will be doing drugs, swinging half naked off poles and sacrificing babies to satan in your back yard but take it in stride.
YOU kill me! My backyard is much too small for sacrificing babies...

Old 05-28-2010, 10:32 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,209,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
It sounds like she has been to the EvilBible.com website...most of it sound like the material there...
Those who have no desire to remove their religious blinders often make derogatory statements like yours above and they are fully expected. Fortunately I have common sense and a rational mind that I actually use.

If you get spiritual pleasure/satisfaction from worshipping a diety that advocates and takes pleasure from being misogynistic towards women treating them no better than chattal; who takes pleasure from the wholesale murder of men, women (ripping pregnant women open), children; who takes pleasure from the wholesale slavery of people; one who advocates incest and polygamy and one who takes pleasure from animal and human sacrifice...have at it....I prefer not to live my life believing in anyone/diety/thing/it that would advocate and take pleasure in those types of attrocities.

Old 05-28-2010, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
YOU kill me! My backyard is much too small for sacrificing babies...
You're not a baby so sacrificing you is not an option. Well there is always the "virgin" part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity