Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2009, 10:28 AM

1,952 posts, read 4,789,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
He is in an openly gay relationship. He has denied the truth of God for the lie of the flesh. He has possibly destroyed not only his witness but the faith of many who looked to him for guidance. He has made much of his music out to be a lie. He must repent and turn to the Lord, conquer his strongholds resist temptation and be the witness God calls him to be. He has a great opportunity here and he is destroying it.
If one's faith was in this man, then their faith was misplaced. Our faith is to be in one place only, and that is in Jesus Christ.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:51 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
If one's faith was in this man, then their faith was misplaced. Our faith is to be in one place only, and that is in Jesus Christ.
I understand that but many do not. With this man coming out and stating that he does not believe homosexuality is a sin then he is denying the truth and teaching a lie. We must be concerned for those of weak faith as well as this man himself.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:02 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times
So much fear.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
I understand that but many do not. With this man coming out and stating that he does not believe homosexuality is a sin then he is denying the truth and teaching a lie. We must be concerned for those of weak faith as well as this man himself.
Lots of people teach lies. We cannot control what others do, we can only control what we do.

If many do not look to Jesus Christ, and put their faith in him, and put it in an entertainer/singer, as you said, they are of misplaced faith, then they do not have a relationship with the Lord, anyway.

That is not casting them aside with no feeling, that is stating that faith in the Lord is the only thing that saves us.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:15 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,566,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
So much fear.
We do not fear my friend. We only follow scripture. If you want to condemn us then condemn us for that.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:18 PM

5,563 posts, read 7,214,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
and you exemplifie [sic] Christ? hmmmm. Correct me if I am wrong but isn't that self righteous statement?
No. I am not the one judging Ray, you are. Should that not be the domain of God?

Really gonna suck one day when you discover all is forgiven yet you bear this burden in your heart - what a waste.
Quote:
after all are you not a sinner just like me?
By George I think he is getting it.
Quote:
Why don't you use examples from the bible instead of sci-fi TV?
Will it help? Seems like you pretty much stuck in the OT and the teaching's of Jesus goes whoosh over your head.

Remember that beam I gave you way back when? It appears to have set roots down and it sprouting leaves - you know - know them by their fruit? Needs some pruning don't you think?

Old 03-31-2009, 12:20 PM

Quote:
We do not fear my friend. We only follow scripture. If you want to condemn us then condemn us for that.
What would you do if, in the future, a hostile government bodies destroys all Bibles? How would you know what to do?

Old 03-31-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
What would you do if, in the future, a hostile government bodies destroys all Bibles? How would you know what to do?
That's kind of irrelevant. The bible is God's words and it was here before the first bible was printed during that time He sent prophets, teachers, elders etc.... to teach the word of God.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
No. I am not the one judging Ray, you are. Should that not be the domain of God?

Really gonna suck one day when you discover all is forgiven yet you bear this burden in your heart - what a waste.
By George I think he is getting it.
Will it help? Seems like you pretty much stuck in the OT and the teaching's of Jesus goes whoosh over your head.

Remember that beam I gave you way back when? It appears to have set roots down and it sprouting leaves - you know - know them by their fruit? Needs some pruning don't you think?
Seeker you are JUDGING ME! Judging salvation is God's domain other than that we can judge; we can't be hypocrites in our judging because we will be judged the same way we judge. The bible is very clear that Ray is already judged we are only relaying the message.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:34 PM

Quote:
That's kind of irrelevant. The bible is God's words and it was here before the first bible was printed which is why he sent prophets, teachers, elders etc.... to teach the word of God.
Why is it irrelevant? If you do not have a Bible in your hand, if at some future point, there is destruction of all Bibles, at government mandate, how would you know what to do, as a Christian?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity