Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 03:47 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times

Advertisements

For some reason you desire others to suffer. You want, on some level, mass murders and genocides and mutilations and abuses of homosexuals carried either by God or in his name.

You will claim that you're just saying what the bible tells you to say, but it's deeper than that. Even in conventional Christian doctrine, it is well accepted that Christ basically cleared the OT and began a new phase.

There's something psychological that makes you attach to that violent God and somehow hope he hasn't changed. For some reason you need that violence to be real. Only you can know why.

Old 03-31-2009, 03:50 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,566,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
For some reason you desire others to suffer. You want, on some level, mass murders and genocides and mutilations and abuses of homosexuals carried either by God or in his name.

You will claim that you're just saying what the bible tells you to say, but it's deeper than that. Even in conventional Christian doctrine, it is well accepted that Christ basically cleared the OT and began a new phase.

There's something psychological that makes you attach to that violent God and somehow hope he hasn't changed.
For some reason you need that violence to be real. Only you can know why.

Actually No....God does not change

Until one understands the wrath and anger of God then one can't truly appreciate His mercy and love. These concepts are robbed of its meaning.

Old 03-31-2009, 03:51 PM

No, Fundy. It doesn't work like that.

A father does not need to beat his child to show how much he loves him. That is what barbaric fathers do.

We are emerging into a new image of God rooted in love, not fear. Join us.

We need to stop this. It does not relate enough to the topic.

Old 03-31-2009, 03:53 PM

1,952 posts, read 4,789,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Sundance. God is love but He hasn't changed. He is the same, yesterday, today and forever. He is still the God of the O.T.
God does not relate to us in the same way. He does not. If you believe He does, then you have no understanding of, much less appreciation for, what the Lord did on calvary.

We are into the new covenant, we are not under the law.

You do not understand that.

And the fact that you do not understand that, but are trying to convince others, speaks volumes.

Jesus Christ is the fulfillment of the law. He said himself, that He did not come to destroy the law, but to fulfill, He did, and He does. Christ is the end of righteousness, to everyone that believes. You cannot be a Christian without a relationship with the Lord, without faith in His shed blood, you cannot just read scripture, be taught by these teachers you speaks of. It takes a personal choice, to believe in Him.

Old 03-31-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:
No, Fundy. It doesn't work like that.

A father does not need to beat his child to show how much he loves him. That is what barbaric fathers do.

We are emerging into a new construction of God. Join us.

We need to stop this. It does not relate enough to the topic.
I have no clue what that means, it pertains to the child knowing His father's mercy and restraint despite his bad behavior.

If that is not in scripture then it is not of God but abhorrent teaching.

Old 03-31-2009, 03:55 PM

Quote:
I have no clue what that means, it pertains to the child knowing His father's mercy and restraint

I am not at all surprised, that you do not understand. It's very obvious, that you do not.

Old 03-31-2009, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
I am not at all surprised, that you do not understand. It's very obvious, that you do not.
Understand if it is not in scripture? That is how God talks to us through the bible. anything else can be corrupted and perverted. The bible is perfect. Even if you believe the Holy Spirit is talking to you, how do you know? do you not need the bible to help you test the spirits?

Old 03-31-2009, 03:58 PM

Quote:
I have no clue what that means, it pertains to the child knowing His father's mercy and restraint dinspite his bad behavior.

I know you don't. I'm not sure you're ready yet for this conversation.

Someday you will see that you are perfect, not any book.

God be with you, Fundie.

Old 03-31-2009, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Understand if it is not in scripture? That is how talks to us through the bible. anything else can be corrupted and perverted. The bible is perfect.
Again, not surprised to hear that you have no communion, even though the Bible plainly tells us, and Jesus taught in parables, that He guides and leads us, "my sheep hear my voice, and they follow me."

Old 03-31-2009, 04:00 PM

Quote:
I know you don't. I'm not sure you're ready yet for this conversation. Someday.

God be with you, Fundie.
and God certainly be with you. The bible is the word of God without it you follow man's teaching and you get off track and will become weird in your theology.

God bless!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity