U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 07:16 PM

7,467 posts, read 7,149,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post

Ahhh, June, now you hurt my feelings.

Moi?

Oh no!

Now Marian, you know that June would NEVER intentionally hurt yours, or anyone else's feelings...Okay, now tell June what she did wrong...And how she can make it up to you. (Make it quick, though, cuz the debates are starting in 45 minutes, and June is nothing if not politically conscious.)

P.S. Oh, and Marian: Don't even think of making it anything along the lines of "penance" unless it's something creative!

June's waiting....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 08:59 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,494,770 times
And now abide Faith Hope Love - the greatest of these is Love.

Love suffers long
is not rude
is not puffed up
I Corinthians

We need to speak the truth in Love. But Love must speak the truth. A dying world needs to see God light and the lie of satan must be exposed.

Love to you all

Old 03-15-2009, 02:01 AM

7,768 posts, read 9,707,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
And now abide Faith Hope Love - the greatest of these is Love.

Love suffers long
is not rude
is not puffed up
I Corinthians

We need to speak the truth in Love. But Love must speak the truth. A dying world needs to see God light and the lie of satan must be exposed.

Love to you all
Amen

Old 03-15-2009, 02:02 AM

50,247 posts, read 47,579,412 times
well said not much brotherhood.

Old 03-16-2009, 08:36 AM

7,768 posts, read 9,707,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
It's sad, isn't it?

Old 03-16-2009, 12:04 PM

1,039 posts, read 1,324,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Yes that is true in one sense but in another it is not true.

It is true in the sense that there is much discord here...and generally speaking in many other "Christian" forums throughout the internet.

But it is not true in the sense that I am experiencing more botherhood with true believers over the Internet than I ever have before. All over the place.

Without denominational affiliations getting in the way. Without leaders who are more interested in increasing their church membership or maintaining that which they have putting a stop to fruitful discussion between those who are in the Body if not in the same church buildings.

No brotherhood, real brotherhood, is possible between true Christians and those who are not. It simply won't happen. That's the way it is. Nothing wrong with that.

But real brotherhood is most certainly possible between real brothers and sisters in Christ who approach each other and interact with each other in a spirit of humility.

Carlos

Old 03-16-2009, 12:25 PM

3,665 posts, read 6,494,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos123 View Post

No brotherhood, real brotherhood, is possible between true Christians and those who are not. It simply won't happen. That's the way it is. Nothing wrong with that.

But real brotherhood is most certainly possible between real brothers and sisters in Christ who approach each other and interact with each other in a spirit of humility.

Carlos

Old 03-16-2009, 05:29 PM

23,170 posts, read 11,372,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos123 View Post
That ranks right up there among the most Un-Christian things I can imagine. Jesus could never endorse such an attitude. THIS is why we must always keep our image of Jesus and His love and acceptance in the forefront of our mind . . . to not be tempted away by the negative human desire to be "special" or our Father's "favorite."
Quote:
Someone needs to learn the definition of humility . . . cause THAT isn't it!

Old 03-16-2009, 10:10 PM

12,398 posts, read 15,045,437 times
I beg to differ about brotherhood..I have a real brotherhood/sisterhood with people of all beliefs and some with no beliefs..Brotherhood/sisterhood has a lot to do with same interests, personalities, love, honor, respect, etc. etc..I would never hold myself above and beyond people that may have a different interpretation of scripture than I do, or a different belief than I do..I have been there and done that and have the scars of being rejected because my beliefs didn't match up with those who pretended to be my friends and some in my family so long as I believed what they did...I am so glad that Christ, the Apostles and all the early church planters weren't so self righteous, and holy they couldn't show the love of Christ in their actions and deeds to the world...

Old 03-16-2009, 10:17 PM

1,039 posts, read 1,324,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I beg to differ about brotherhood..I have a real brotherhood/sisterhood with people of all beliefs and some with no beliefs..Brotherhood/sisterhood has a lot to do with same interests, personalities, love, honor, respect, etc. etc..
That isn't the kind of brotherhood I was referring to Miss Blue.

I was referring to the kind of brotherhood which happens as result of true Christians being born again into the family of God. Of them being true brothers and sisters in Christ.

That is simply not possible to have with those who are not even Christians.

It is a brotherhood that is spiritually based but which can be seen externally through the interaction among members of His Body who are walking in humility and truth.

Carlos
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity