U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 09-30-2008, 11:14 AM

789 posts, read 782,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
fancofu, I think there is still a few pages of scientific report titles somewhere that you forgot to stick in your post. Now that you given us tons of crap to scroll through, what does this mean to you. Or, have you forgotten this is a forum for your ideas.
You wanted evidence - you got it.

Unread 09-30-2008, 11:14 AM

8,990 posts, read 7,895,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
It's the evidence you asked for Nikk, but ignore it ...That's what you creationists do best.
What evidence...."we think", "supposedly", "we're not sure", "we believe", "It was between 4-60,000,000 years ago, give or take.

Unread 09-30-2008, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
Yes, Einstien eventually got published in fact there are now thousands of books on him. But when he couldn't even get a job at a university, he attempted to submit papers to his peers and was rejected. So too are many other great minds. We have probably lost many through the cracks over the years. They are probably among those unshaven men on the streets with strangely prosed signs over thier sholders who smell of booze.
Why did you lie and say "He could not even get published is a peer reviewed paper"? I'm not saying Einstein was a God. Everyone makes mistakes. I just want to know what credentials Mark McCutheon has. Why should I listen to him?

Unread 09-30-2008, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed Liberal View Post
What evidence...."we think", "supposedly", "we're not sure", "we believe", "It was between 4-60,000,000 years ago, give or take.
lol
Way to NOT read any of it.

Seriously, people. If there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, AT ALL, 0% CHANCE of you changing your mind just say so.

Unread 09-30-2008, 11:23 AM

Scientist still have a huge problem because no matter how you slice or dice it. You still have to prove something that is both improbable and impossible in our reality- since it is yet to be proven or observed, that something can actually come from nothing.

Also that evolution cannot explain the creation of the universe and why everything is so fine tuned. If the sun was 200 miles closer or further away from this planet couldn't support life, if the earth was just a degree off it's axis......the earth's magnetic core, laws of gravity, physics.

The creation SCREAMS Intelligent design. You see a painting therefore there was a painter, you see a building there must be a builder, you see a creation then there must be a creator.

Unread 09-30-2008, 11:27 AM

If we are products of chance, protoplasm. why do we feel, why would I care about you. Why can't I shoot you in the head and take what I need from you without hesitation or guilt? Science can't explain the conscience which gives credence to the creator.

Why is it that no matter where in the world you go, whether it be in modern western society to the deepest darkest jungles of the amazon that everybody has the same moral laws, wrong to steal, wrong to murder etc....?

Unread 09-30-2008, 11:31 AM

22,999 posts, read 15,670,562 times
Quote:
"Schweitzer's Dangerous Discovery

When this shy paleontologist found soft, fresh-looking tissue inside a T.rex femur, she erased a line between past and present. Then all hell broke loose"

Schweitzer's Dangerous Discovery | Dinosaurs | DISCOVER Magazine
What? Do you think this proves your YEC hypothesis? Below is a link to her work, but first this snippet....Notice the dates of the fossils mentioned.

Protein Sequences from Mastodon and Tyrannosaurus Rex Revealed by Mass Spectrometry.
[My paper] John M Asara, Mary H Schweitzer, Lisa M Freimark, Matthew Phillips, Lewis C Cantley
Division of Signal Transduction, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02115, USA.
Fossilized bones from extinct taxa harbor the potential for obtaining protein or DNA sequences that could reveal evolutionary links to extant species. We used mass spectrometry to obtain protein sequences from bones of a 160,000- to 600,000-year-old extinct mastodon (Mammut americanum) and a 68-million-year-old dinosaur (Tyrannosaurus rex). The presence of T. rex sequences indicates that their peptide bonds were remarkably stable. Mass spectrometry can thus be used to determine unique sequences from ancient organisms from peptide fragmentation patterns, a valuable tool to study the evolution and adaptation of ancient taxa from which genomic sequences are unlikely to be obtained.

Schweitzer,MH

Unread 09-30-2008, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Scientist still have a huge problem because no matter how you slice or dice it. You still have to prove something that is both improbable and impossible in our reality- since it is yet to be proven or observed, that something can actually come from nothing.

Also that evolution cannot explain the creation of the universe and why everything is so fine tuned. If the sun was 200 miles closer or further away from this planet couldn't support life, if the earth was just a degree off it's axis......the earth's magnetic core, laws of gravity, physics.

The creation SCREAMS Intelligent design. You see a painting therefore there was a painter, you see a building there must be a builder, you see a creation then there must be a creator.
First of all evolution has nothing to do with the creation of the universe or how life began. Secondly, to say that is just begging the question. You can't say that then refuse to apply it to your creator. Also, with paintings, buildings, etc. you can meet the person that designed them, you can see the blueprints, so on and so on.

Does this follow?
a painter is a designer
a painter designs a painting
a painting is designed

the universe was designed
a painting is designed
a painter designed the universe

Unread 09-30-2008, 11:35 AM

Quote:
If we are products of chance, protoplasm. why do we feel, why would I care about you. Why can't I shoot you in the head and take what I need from you without hesitation or guilt? Science can't explain the conscience which gives credence to the creator.

Why is it that no matter where in the world you go, whether it be in modern western society to the deepest darkest jungles of the amazon that everybody has the same moral laws, wrong to steal, wrong to murder etc....?
Even though science can't explain consciousness it doesn't mean there is a God. At one time the stars couldn't be explained, was that proof of God? At one time sexual reproduction couldn't be explained, was that proof of God? No! It just meant science wasn't advanced enough to have the answers.

That's completely untrue. Come on, get real. The reason a lot (not all) of people don't kill, steal, etc is because of empathy. Not because of God's moral code.

I also wonder. Since you are saying that consciousness proves a creator. Is consciousness required to be a creation?

Unread 09-30-2008, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
What? Do you think this proves your YEC hypothesis? Below is a link to her work, but first this snippet....Notice the dates of the fossils mentioned.

Protein Sequences from Mastodon and Tyrannosaurus Rex Revealed by Mass Spectrometry.
[My paper] John M Asara, Mary H Schweitzer, Lisa M Freimark, Matthew Phillips, Lewis C Cantley
Division of Signal Transduction, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02115, USA.
Fossilized bones from extinct taxa harbor the potential for obtaining protein or DNA sequences that could reveal evolutionary links to extant species. We used mass spectrometry to obtain protein sequences from bones of a 160,000- to 600,000-year-old extinct mastodon (Mammut americanum) and a 68-million-year-old dinosaur (Tyrannosaurus rex). The presence of T. rex sequences indicates that their peptide bonds were remarkably stable. Mass spectrometry can thus be used to determine unique sequences from ancient organisms from peptide fragmentation patterns, a valuable tool to study the evolution and adaptation of ancient taxa from which genomic sequences are unlikely to be obtained.

Schweitzer,MH
Everything else she does is valid, this is invalid. Why? Based on what? My beliefs!
zzz
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity