Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2008, 12:51 PM

2,255 posts, read 5,396,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mams1559 View Post
Two observations from just this paragraph...

1) Who is limiting the power of God by saying God "couldn't" have created everything in just 6 days?? My God, the creator God of the Bible, can create the entire universe and everything in it in just one day, but he took six just as he told us he did. What are you saying your god is able to do??

2) Your grasp of what YEC really believes and teaches is severely lacking and you are making accusations you cannot support.
Curious, if you believe in the literal 12 hour day, then why are we still in the 7th day? I'd say 24 hours has long since expired.

It's also apparent you have no grasp on the science and nature of life on earth and how long it takes for things to progress. I have a backgrond in microbiology , specifically to do with forest soils and environment. The eventual age of any Old Growth forest takes milleniums as it was designed to. There are billions of micro organisms and pioneer species of plant life that must come first in order to prepare the area for the ultimate Old Growth monolith species of trees we've come to be fond of in many forests. It's not designed to happen over night.

And another thing, if Almighty God has always been around forever and ever, why would he be in a hurry to snap his fingers so to speak and create things out of a magic hat trick ??? Why would'nt he take his time??? Science and it's various fields have long since proven that the entire universe took perhaps billions of years and that does not necessarily conflict with the bible. Your own holy book says that a day to God is as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day. 2 Peter 3:8 & Psalm 90:4

Yes , I hope to tell you, I never want to grasp your "Young Earth Creationism" (YEC). It's a non-biblical God dishonoring belief and those who would file lawsuits to have such misinformation forced into the school system of any country should lose those court cases every time.

Old 09-30-2008, 12:56 PM

789 posts, read 1,333,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mams1559 View Post
These are passages indicating the world has been established by God and will not deviate from His plan. In Psalm16:8 the psalmist indicates that he "shall not be moved". Does this mean he'll be stationary forever? No, it means he will remain on his established path as set by God, just like Earth.

As for Ecclesiastes, it is written from the human perspective, our position here on earth, that the sun rises and the sun sets, just like it's listed on the Weather Channel.
Job 26:7
Quote:
He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.
Isaiah 40:22
Quote:
He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth,
and its people are like grasshoppers.
He stretches out the heavens like a canopy,
and spreads them out like a tent to live in.
Daniel 4:10-11
Quote:
10 These are the visions I saw while lying in my bed: I looked, and there before me stood a tree in the middle of the land. Its height was enormous. 11 The tree grew large and strong and its top touched the sky; it was visible to the ends of the earth.
Matthew 4:8
Quote:
Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor.
What do these "really" mean?

p.s. Yes, I've got more.

Old 09-30-2008, 01:01 PM

How could the population of the world go from 2 to 6,602,224,175 in 6,000 years? Never mind the effects of inbreeding and Noah's Flood.

I guess you can also ignore disease, mortality rates, etc.

How could the Pyramids of Giza have been built in ~2,500 BC if the world is only 6000 years old?
How could Moses have led 603,550 in ~1,475 BC if the world is only 6000 years old?
How could Xerxes gathered an army of 2,641,000 in ~481 BC if the world is only 6,000 years old?

Last edited by fancofu; 09-30-2008 at 01:16 PM..

Old 09-30-2008, 01:01 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,791,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
Curious, if you believe in the literal 12 hour day, then why are we still in the 7th day? I'd say 24 hours has long since expired.
What this is supposed to mean, I have no idea. I've never said, nor do I believe, we're still in the "7th day". Creation week is over and has been for a very long time.

Quote:
It's also apparent you have no grasp on the science and nature of life on earth and how long it takes for things to progress. I have a backgrond in microbiology , specifically to do with forest soils and environment. The eventual age of any Old Growth forest takes milleniums as it was designed to. There are billions of micro organisms and pioneer species of plant life that must come first in order to prepare the area for the ultimate Old Growth monolith species of trees we've come to be fond of in many forests. It's not designed to happen over night.
And that would be correct at the present time. We're discussing the origin of everything you're studying. Creation was a one-time special event. How things progress today does not necessarily mean that's how it happened to arrive here. God created Adam on day 6 ... and Adam was no baby. He was created mature ... just like the rest of creation. That does not mean "built-in age" that means mature. He wasn't an infant that had to grow up. He was a fully-grown male the day he was made. Just like the trees and forests and all other manner of life were created mature. If you cut a tree down on day 8 following creation, there weren't any rings, I'd bet.

Quote:
And another thing, if Almighty God has always been around forever and ever, why would he be in a hurry to snap his fingers so to speak and create things out of a magic hat trick ??? Why would'nt he take his time??? Science and it's various fields have long since proven that the entire universe took perhaps billions of years and that does not necessarily conflict with the bible. Your own holy book says that a day to God is as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day. 2 Peter 3:8 & Psalm 90:4

And that phrase relates to time from God's perspective, not our own, regarding his return. Science proving the age of the universe is greater, in your opinion, than God's word? Okay. You're allowed the viewpoint. However, IMO and from my POV, they have not proved the age of the universe... they have assumed and postulated the age of the universe based on various assumptions.

Quote:
Yes , I hope to tell you, I never want to grasp your "Young Earth Creationism" (YEC). It's a non-biblical God dishonoring belief and those who would file lawsuits to have such misinformation forced into the school system of any country should lose those court cases every time.
I don't want YEC taught in schools either. That would be terrible. I don't want some biased, unknowledgable teacher trying to instruct students on something they themselves don't agree with or accept. However, i'm all for the open discussion of evolution's shortcomings in class.

Old 09-30-2008, 01:03 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,791,451 times
fancofu, I have to get back to work now. I am not ignoring your posts and I will reply this evening when I get home. Please be patient

Old 09-30-2008, 01:10 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fancofu View Post
Touché, as do you.
Oh my dear friend, the conscience is the Holy Spirit. Bible says, He put His laws in our heart.

We know what is wrong because He designed us that way. He created us in His own image.

Old 09-30-2008, 01:13 PM

Psalms of King David is poetry. David committed grievous sins in front of God. He broke ever commandment, this boy knew how to grabble.

Psalms is poetry and Song praising God

Old 09-30-2008, 01:16 PM

33,523 posts, read 37,121,123 times
As you know, Lord, I am a troubled soul, a rigidly dogmatic and militant atheist, headed straight for the burnt-black depths of the merciless Hell you created. I desperately need your help and salvation, but I need these questions answered before that can ever happen. The first set of questions concerns your existence.

Ministerturnsatheist.org: Questions for God (Book Excerpt!)

Old 09-30-2008, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed Liberal View Post
Oh my dear friend, the conscience is the Holy Spirit. Bible says, He put His laws in our heart.

We know what is wrong because He designed us that way. He created us in His own image.
Why do you trust the Bible and no other religious Holy Books?

If he created us in His image does that make him human or physical? If he's either he can't be supernatural.

Old 09-30-2008, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancofu View Post
How could the population of the world go from 2 to 6,602,224,175 in 6,000 years? Never mind the effects of inbreeding and Noah's Flood.

I guess you can also ignore disease, mortality rates, etc.

How could the Pyramids of Giza have been built in ~2,500 BC if the world is only 6000 years old?
How could Moses have led 603,550 in ~1,475 BC if the world is only 6000 years old.
The world was relatively young during Noah's flood and it was the cataclysmic event that destroyed ALL the dinosaurs except the two on the ark

6 billion people could all fit decently right here in the United States alone- very possible. The effects of inbreeding wasn't there. Adam and Eve were the perfect specimens. As time went on from generation to generation, sin took its toll and the gene pool was diluted to the point where inbreeding was dangerous and forbidden by God.

People don't realize how strong the ancients were compared to 20th century man

What about Giza or Moses? what's your argument there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity