Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2008, 04:08 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,561,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancofu View Post
Nowhere in evolutionary literature does it make the claim that something came from nothing.
Uhh dude.....what do think was the big bang theory. Billions and billions of years ago, there was nothing. No matter, no light, no dark, no gases, then BANG!!!! LIFE! ORDER! LAWS!

You can't throw a stick of dynamite into a printing press and then produce the declaration of independence.

Old 09-30-2008, 04:11 PM

789 posts, read 1,333,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed Liberal View Post
Uhh dude.....what do think was the big bang theory. Billions and billions of years ago, there was nothing. No matter, no light, no dark, no gases, then BANG!!!! LIFE! ORDER! LAWS!

You can't throw a stick of dynamite into a printing press and then produce the declaration of independence.
Uhh dude... Evolution and the big bang are two separate theories.

Quote:
1. The total entropy of the universe at the start of the big bang was minimal, perhaps almost zero. Because it was so compact, it had considerably more order than the universe we are in now. The complexity we observe around us today can be produced from the ultimate order of the hot but cooling gas of the big bang.

2. The big bang was not an explosion. It was an expansion. Besides the fact that it got bigger over time, the big bang has almost nothing in common with an explosion.

3. Explosions do produce some order amidst their other effects:

* Large surface explosions, such as nuclear bombs, produce the familiar mushroom clouds. There are not very highly ordered, but they are not purely random, either.
* Supernovae produce heavy elements, and the shock waves from them compress interstellar gases, which begins the formation of new stars.
* Powerful explosions can compress carbon into diamond crystals, the most ordered arrangement.
* Explosions of atomized gasoline produce compressed gas, which is harnessed in internal combustion engines to power automobiles and other equipment.

Old 09-30-2008, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancofu View Post
What? It is illogical to believe something to happen if the chances of it happening are 0. The odds of the universe being created by the big bang aren't 0. They may be really, really, really bad, but they aren't 0.
LOL....Oh yes it is!!!!!!!!!! LOL....LOL.....LOL....LOL

The Big bang is beyond odds, it is somewhat like winning the lottery, a million times over. So what do you believe those odds to be?

Old 09-30-2008, 04:13 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,067,835 times
Quote:
Nope if I am illogical because I believe in the possibility in the odds of zero then you are illogical as well for believing that all this came together by chance, zero odds as well. You can't have it both ways
I never said YOU were illogical. I said your argument was illogical (oh and implausible). I said that because its true. I then stated quite plainly that as soon as you admit to that implausibility then I'd be happy to move on to your "Jimminy Christmas.. what er the odds of all this happenin'" argument.

However, as long as that admission of implausibility is muted, I can't carry on a conversation about what the odds are that "all this came together by chance". Why you might ask? Because I could give you a logical answer but you wouldn't buy it since you've proven that you deal in only implausible illogical answers. Thus it would be a waste of my time.

Tootles.

Old 09-30-2008, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Uhh dude... Evolution and the big bang are two separate theories
I know that, evolution tries to explain how life began on this planet but can't explain how the universe, laws of gravity and physics came to be, so many of you atheists use the "Big Bang" theory because you really have nothing else other than the universe is eternal

Old 09-30-2008, 04:14 PM

Quote:
LOL....Oh yes it is!!!!!!!!!! LOL....LOL.....LOL....LOL

The Big bang is beyond odds, it is somewhat like winning the lottery, a million times over. So what do you believe those odds to be?
Greater than 0.
Smallest Chance Possible + Infinite Time = 100% Chance.

Old 09-30-2008, 04:15 PM

Quote:
I know that, evolution tries to explain how life began on this planet but can't explain how the universe, laws of gravity and physics came to be, so many of you atheists use the "Big Bang" theory because you really have nothing else other than the universe is eternal
You are wrong once again. Evolution explains the variations of life. Abiogenesis explains the origin of life.

Old 09-30-2008, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
I never said YOU were illogical. I said your argument was illogical (oh and implausible). I said that because its true. I then stated quite plainly that as soon as you admit to that implausibility then I'd be happy to move on to your "Jimminy Christmas.. what er the odds of all this happenin'" argument.

However, as long as that admission of implausibility is muted, I can't carry on a conversation about what the odds are that "all this came together by chance". Why you might ask? Because I could give you a logical answer but you wouldn't buy it since you've proven that you deal in only implausible illogical answers. Thus it would be a waste of my time.

Tootles.
You basically did and I proved you are a hypocrite and an elitist for accepting your probability of zero but throwing mine away. Nice double talk which you are famous for but it doesn't negate the fact, that your belief have zero odds as well.

Old 09-30-2008, 04:17 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,067,835 times
Quote:
I know that, evolution tries to explain how life began on this planet
It so does NOT try to explain how life began on this planet.

Old 09-30-2008, 04:19 PM

Quote:
You basically did and I proved you are a hypocrite and an elitist for accepting your probability of zero but throwing mine away. Nice double talk which you are famous for but it doesn't negate the fact, that your belief have zero odds as well.
The odds aren't 0. They are just really bad. They could be .0000000000000000000000000000000000000000001, but that is better than 0. With a .0000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% chance and infinite time it becomes a 100% chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity