U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 10-01-2008, 10:47 PM
 
Location: Missouri, USA
789 posts, read 828,478 times
Reputation: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed Liberal View Post
You can't have one without the other. If evolution is right and there is no God, then you have a slew of social questions that fly in the face of evolution.

How does evolution explain man's behaviour? Evolutionist IMO do behave nor follow the 5 laws of evolution, especially, "natural selection" why help starving nations. Shouldn't you rejoice when people die, especially in the time of energy crisis. I mean more food, more gasoeline for you right?

You aren't making any sense.

 
Old 10-01-2008, 10:49 PM
 
8,990 posts, read 8,471,786 times
Reputation: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
If you don't think people can be moral without belief, you need to look in the mirror. It says more about you than it does about nonbelievers.

For the record, marriage is not a Christian concept. It's a human concept, period. Anybody with a little education in anthropology and/or sociology would know that.
Really, tell me when the first marriage was?

What is morality, you don't believe in killing gays, right? yet this society accepts killing babies, but the middle east does and accept killing gays yet they don't accept killing babies.

Which society is moral? can you take the high ground and call the middle east an immoral society? if so what right do you have to judge what is moral and what isn't?
 
Old 10-01-2008, 10:51 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
24,409 posts, read 17,466,619 times
Reputation: 9792
Quote:
Originally Posted by fancofu View Post
Does..Not..Follow..
It is because it lacks logic. Anything that lacks logic makes no sense. I'm still waiting for an explanation for why the ice core I mentioned is not 800,000 years old.
 
Old 10-01-2008, 10:52 PM
 
Location: An absurd world.
5,153 posts, read 5,604,590 times
Reputation: 1938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed Liberal View Post
Really, tell me when the first marriage was?
Like anybody would actually be capable of finding that out. Marriage is nothing more than a partnership between two or more people. Marriage did not start with religion. Marriage has been around as long as living things.
 
Old 10-01-2008, 10:54 PM
 
8,990 posts, read 8,471,786 times
Reputation: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by fancofu View Post

You aren't making any sense.
If you are an evolutionist and believe we humans are just animals, then why feel bad about anything you do since you are not responsible for your actions afterall you are only following your instincts. Would you put a lion in jail for eating a wilder beast?, No. So why do evolutionst not follow "the law of the jungle"?
 
Old 10-01-2008, 10:57 PM
 
Location: Missouri, USA
789 posts, read 828,478 times
Reputation: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed Liberal View Post
If you are an evolutionist and believe we humans are just animals, then why feel bad about anything you do since you are not responsible for your actions afterall you are only following your instincts. Would you put a lion in jail for eating a wilder beast?, No. So why do evolutionst not follow "the law of the jungle"?
Do you not think humans are animals?
 
Old 10-01-2008, 10:58 PM
 
Location: An absurd world.
5,153 posts, read 5,604,590 times
Reputation: 1938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed Liberal View Post
What is morality, you don't believe in killing gays, right? yet this society accepts killing babies, but the middle east does and accept killing gays yet they don't accept killing babies.
No, the US recognizes a woman's right to autonomy and self-ownership. That is an inalienable human right. If you don't have control over your own body, you aren't free. It is unfortunate that a baby can't live outside the womb, however, the right to autonomy can not be taken away. Since you want to play the morality game, let me ask you this. Is it moral to take away a person's right to self-ownership just because you believe it's for a good cause? If you say yes, then I'll question your morality.
 
Old 10-01-2008, 10:58 PM
 
8,990 posts, read 8,471,786 times
Reputation: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Like anybody would actually be capable of finding that out. Marriage is nothing more than a partnership between two or more people. Marriage did not start with religion. Marriage has been around as long as living things.
I thought so, you don't know, well I do and the bible explains why marriage was given to us.

If you really think of it what is the purpose of marriage froma secular point of view? many people today don't even believe in the institution of marriage anyway especially now with gays getting married, that in a hundred years it will probably be a thing of the past.

Is it that man is straying further away from God and becoming more perverse? hmmmm....the further man pulls away from God the weaker marriage becomes. Can't be a coincidence?
 
Old 10-01-2008, 11:01 PM
 
8,990 posts, read 8,471,786 times
Reputation: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
No, the US recognizes a woman's right to autonomy and self-ownership. That is an inalienable human right. If you don't have control over your own body, you aren't free. It is unfortunate that a baby can't live outside the womb, however, the right to autonomy can not be taken away. Since you want to play the morality game, let me ask you this. Is it moral to take away a person's right to self-ownership just because you believe it's for a good cause? If you say yes, then I'll question your morality.
You can't question my morality because you have no right, without God, the lawgiver, morality becomes relative and any answer I give will not be right or wrong; moral or immoral. Only different
 
Old 10-01-2008, 11:01 PM
 
Location: Missouri, USA
789 posts, read 828,478 times
Reputation: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed Liberal View Post
I thought so, you don't know, well I do and the bible explains why marriage was given to us.

If you really think of it what is the purpose of marriage froma secular point of view? many people today don't even believe in the institution of marriage anyway especially now with gays getting married, that in a hundred years it will probably be a thing of the past.

Is it that man is straying further away from God and becoming more perverse? hmmmm....the further man pulls away from God the weaker marriage becomes. Can't be a coincidence?
Do you know the divorce statistics? Look them up, you will be in a world of surprise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:18 PM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top