U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2008, 11:28 PM

5,165 posts, read 8,084,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed Liberal View Post
Why do you need marriage to bond, many today are bonding just fine without a ring. why make it legit? for who?
Who said you need a ring and ceremony to be married? That's how it is in modern times, but it hasn't always been like that. Marriage is nothing more than a relationship between two or more people. The other stuff associated with marriage is recent.

Old 10-01-2008, 11:29 PM

8,989 posts, read 12,455,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
"I am convinced that I am acting as the agent of our Creator. By fighting off the Jews I am doing the Lord's work."

That's a direct quote from Mein Kampf.
Hitler's quotes:

"Christianity is a rebellion against natural law, a protest against nature. Taken to its logical extreme, Christianity would mean the systematic cultivation of the human failure."

"The best thing is to let Christianity die a natural death.... When understanding of the universe has become widespread... Christian doctrine will be convicted of absurdity.... Christianity has reached the peak of absurdity.... And that's why someday its structure will collapse.... ...the only way to get rid of Christianity is to allow it to die little by little.... Christianity the liar.... We'll see to it that the Churches cannot spread abroad teachings in conflict with the interests of the State."

Sounds like a secular humanist to me, alittle evolution to boot

Old 10-01-2008, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Who said you need a ring and ceremony to be married? That's how it is in modern times, but it hasn't always been like that. Marriage is nothing more than a relationship between two or more people. The other stuff associated with marriage is recent.
No that is not marriage, that is shacking up. Marriage is a covenant

Old 10-01-2008, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Hitler's quotes:

"Christianity is a rebellion against natural law, a protest against nature. Taken to its logical extreme, Christianity would mean the systematic cultivation of the human failure."

"The best thing is to let Christianity die a natural death.... When understanding of the universe has become widespread... Christian doctrine will be convicted of absurdity.... Christianity has reached the peak of absurdity.... And that's why someday its structure will collapse.... ...the only way to get rid of Christianity is to allow it to die little by little.... Christianity the liar.... We'll see to it that the Churches cannot spread abroad teachings in conflict with the interests of the State."

Sounds like a secular humanist to me, alittle evolution to boot
I addressed this earlier, but since you skimmed right over it, I'll repeat it.
Hitler criticized Christians numerous times for not being as militant about their beliefs as Muslims. He also didn't like the fact that many of them don't agree with him.

Based on your "conclusion" I can say with certainty that you don't know what a secular humanist is.

Old 10-01-2008, 11:35 PM

30,038 posts, read 30,695,423 times
Quote:
why do you need marriage? why can't you just bond. why do you need to make a covenant to your spouse?

That doesn't explain the institution of marriage
Only in your mind.

Quote:
No that is not marriage, that is shacking up. Marriage is a covenant
The Christian definition of marriage only applies to just that, Christianity.
No religion or group has a monopoly on the word, period.

789 posts, read 1,170,154 times
Quote:
Dude, I don't believe we are animals. Until dogs can write the declaration of independence or put on a play, you will never convince me.
You don't believe in taxonomy or divorce statistics?

Old 10-01-2008, 11:37 PM

Quote:
I addressed this earlier, but since you skimmed right over it, I'll repeat it.
Hitler criticized Christians numerous times for not being as militant about their beliefs as Muslims. He also didn't like the fact that many of them don't agree with him.

Based on your "conclusion" I can say with certainty that you don't know what a secular humanist is.
He criticized us for being violent?....LOL that's a laugh

Vox Day who has been doing some research on this very topic, In his study of world history he concluded that about 123 plus wars have been validated as religious wars which accounts for a whopping 6% of wars in earth's history, 66 of which were instigated by the Islamics so Christianity accounts for about 3% of earth's wars and I believe the casualty count was in the thousands.

Does Adolph Hilter, Stalin, Lenin, Mao, Pol Pot ring a bell? from Marxism, facism, atheism,communism, Darwinism. Vox Day states that in this century alone the earth's governments have massacred 200 million of its own people, he would be willing to up it to 300,000,000 but he can't get his hands on chinese government records.

Old 10-01-2008, 11:41 PM

1,385 posts, read 2,681,525 times
"As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice."

Adolf Hitler

Old 10-01-2008, 11:42 PM

Quote:
The Christian definition of marriage only applies to just that, Christianity.
No religion or group has a monopoly on the word, period.
What is the reason for marriage? why the covenant to your wife or husband?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity