U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-02-2008, 11:13 AM

8,990 posts, read 8,244,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Great methods you creationists have. Let science do the work, then twist the results to fit your YEC agenda. What integrity!
Great methods you evolutionist have, Taking God's creation and explaining it with, Yes it looks like intelligence is behind it, Yes it looks designed. Yes it looks orderly, yes it has laws, yes it is fine tuned, but it is not what it seems, it is an illussion. You see it just happened. Just plain dumb luck. No rhyme or reason.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:16 AM

789 posts, read 809,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
The same way that humans have gotten around the world. They walked hoped, swam, etc... What ever mode of transportation that they use.

The earth was pretty much one land mass. After the flood people migrated to the plains of Shinar. It is here close to Babylon that the people built the tower of Babel. During this time lived a man called Peleg. It is written concerning Peleg that in his days was the earth divided. This is when the continent (some call it pangea) which was cracked up into the continents during the flood, broke apart and began the continental drift. This breaking up was such a common event known among all people that it received only this note in the bible. The animals that were on the separate land masses were then somewhat stuck on that land mass they were on. That is why the Kangaroo tends only to be in Austrailia and not have been able to migrate to other continents that easily. The continental drift was quite rapid at first and is now much slower.
Sure. But that was a lot longer than 6,000 years ago. If you accept plate tectonics then you must accept the world is older than 6,000 years old. How did the lemurs get to Madagascar? Did they get a plane?

Old 10-02-2008, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
You are basing the movement of the techtonic plates on the Uniformatarian time scale. This time scale was created based on the evolutionary model. I am using the creation model. That uses times consistant with nature and consistent with the bible.

The plates moved very quickly in the past. Socrates even describes the movement of the Americas into the western sea (Atlantic Ocean) as being very quick. See the book Critaeus and Timaeus. So these events were witnessed even by the secular world and recorded. Oh but that is right anything written by someone more than 150 years ago is conside a myth by you and unbelievable.
Socrates discovered America?

Old 10-02-2008, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancofu View Post
Socrates discovered America?
You ask some really weird questions, that is not what he is saying.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:27 AM

4,433 posts, read 5,690,923 times
Reformed:

I was hoping to get your response to my post the other day. Not sure if you missed it:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/5496992-post304.html

It even includes your "finding a lottery ticket every day for a million years" theory.

Thanks in advance.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed Liberal View Post
You ask some really weird questions, that is not what he is saying.
If Socrates witnessed the movement of the Americas then he discovered the Americas.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Reformed:

I was hoping to get your response to my post the other day. Not sure if you missed it:

It even includes your "finding a lottery ticket every day for a million years" theory.

Thanks in advance.
Now why would I wnat to see a movie that laughs at Christians, the bible told us that would happen, no news there and that people would deny the creation so they could deny God.

God beat you by thousands of years.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancofu View Post
If Socrates witnessed the movement of the Americas then he discovered the Americas.
ok.....go with that

Old 10-02-2008, 11:58 AM

4,433 posts, read 5,690,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed Liberal View Post
Now why would I wnat to see a movie that laughs at Christians
Because it plainly and simply answered a question that you posed to me a few days ago. You asked for an answer. I spent time looking for an answer for you. I guess I was wrong in assuming you would take time out of your busy posting schedule to look at the video. Duly noted.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:59 AM

24,078 posts, read 16,723,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Reformed:

Thanks in advance.
Thanks for posting that...I'm currently watching #5 in the series. Very entertaining, but it shows me the futility of discussing this with YEC folks. I do it only because I'm always interested in what make people tick. By the way reformed, it is not laughing at Christianity, but just shredding some of the creationist ideas to shreds...Creationism is not Christianity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity