U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2008, 12:04 PM

8,989 posts, read 12,448,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Because it plainly and simply answered a question that you posed to me a few days ago. You asked for an answer. I spent time looking for an answer for you. I guess I was wrong in assuming you would take time out of your busy posting schedule to look at the video. Duly noted.
I have seen presupposition videos before. Same way we laugh at atheist and evolutionist saying, we came from the monkeys cousin and that something came from nothing. Evolution is still full of problems.

What is the question. I am at work, can't look at videos

Old 10-02-2008, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Thanks for posting that...I'm currently watching #5 in the series. Very entertaining, but it shows me the futility of discussing this with YEC folks. I do it only because I'm always interested in what make people tick. By the way reformed, it is not laughing at Christianity, but just shredding some of the creationist ideas to shreds...Creationism is not Christianity.
uhhhhh....yes it is. Christians believe in a creator thus creationism, no creationism, no creator thus no christianity.

Old 10-02-2008, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Thanks for posting that...I'm currently watching #5 in the series. Very entertaining, but it shows me the futility of discussing this with YEC folks. I do it only because I'm always interested in what make people tick. By the way reformed, it is not laughing at Christianity, but just shredding some of the creationist ideas to shreds...Creationism is not Christianity.
All of it, presupposition.

Old 10-02-2008, 12:18 PM

4,439 posts, read 8,059,763 times
Well you've stated that you can view videos somewhere:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed Liberal View Post
I have seen presupposition videos before.
So I would imagine that when you get home..

Quote:
What is the question. I am at work, can't look at videos
you'll watch the movie and have a nice response for me.

Quote:
Same way we laugh at atheist and evolutionist saying, we came from the monkeys cousin and that something came from nothing. Evolution is still full of problems.
Good I'm glad you had a laugh. Laughter or scientifically produced drugs is the best medicine.

Old 10-02-2008, 12:26 PM

what is the question? because if this video is about geology, dinosaurs, carbon dating etc.... then I am not interested. My mind is closed when it comes to evolution. "close minded" in a way that I will pick and choose what I let in. Evolution has shown me death, racism, abortion, eugenics, genocide and the list goes on. I want nothing to do with that abomination.

God has shown me the truth moreso then mankind could ever do. I will always side with God. Siding with man is a death sentence. I would be a fool if I turned from a gracious, Holy merciful God to go down a rabbit hole.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 10-02-2008 at 12:36 PM..

Old 10-02-2008, 12:42 PM

Quote:
what is the question?
http://www.city-data.com/forum/5492948-post254.html

Quote:
becuase if this video is about geology, dinosaurs, carbon dating etc.... then I am not interested.
Its not but I could care less if you are interested. My purpose was to provide you with an answer to your question. So whether or not you are interested in what I provide as the answer.. is of zero concern to me. I've already won this argument.. my winning is not predicated on your acceptance of that winning.

Quote:
My mind is closed when it comes to evolution. "close minded" in a way that I will pick and choose what I let in.
You said it.. not me. Are you related to Sarah Palin?

Quote:
Evolution has shown me death, racism, abortion, eugenics, genocide and the list goes on. I want nothing to do with that abomination.
Then you want nothing to do with any living organism. We all evolve. Sorry. Stating that you don't want anything to do with it.. won't make it go away. Its up to you whether or not you accept it. I don't really care. Again.. your acceptance of evolution or not has no bearing on its existence. Its similar to me saying... "I'll never believe 2+2=4 because God told me that isn't so". Ok.. I can believe that for as long as I live.. still don't make it true.

Quote:
God has shown me the truth moreso then mankind could ever do. I will always side with God. Man is death.
Ok. Whatever.

Again. I'm simply responding to YOUR original question. Whether or not God has shown you the truth.. is of not concern of mine.

Old 10-02-2008, 12:46 PM

30,037 posts, read 30,671,240 times
Quote:
what is the question? because if this video is about geology, dinosaurs, carbon dating etc.... then I am not interested. My mind is closed when it comes to evolution. "close minded" in a way that I will pick and choose what I let in. Evolution has shown me death, racism, abortion, eugenics, genocide and the list goes on. I want nothing to do with that abomination.

God has shown me the truth moreso then mankind could ever do. I will always side with God. Siding with man is a death sentence. I would be a fool if I turned from a gracious, Holy merciful God to go down a rabbit hole.
That is the definition of a closed mind "Picking and choosing what I let in."

To use your words.....

Christianity has shown me death, racism, abortion, eugenics, genocide and the list goes on. I want nothing to do with that abomination.

Old 10-02-2008, 12:54 PM

Quote:
"I'll never believe 2+2=4 because God told me that isn't so". Ok.. I can believe that for as long as I live.. still don't make it true.
God is 2+2=4, and if you believe you won the argument, by all means.
I know the truth, you atheist are not being honest with yourselves. Atheism couldn't produce the declaration of independence nor create this country. This country was founded on Christian principles. Is it a coincidence that this is the most giving nation in the world.

Atheism/ evolution/ Darwinism breeds selfishness and greed.

Quote from movie "Wall Street" Gordon Gekko

"Greed is right, greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of its forms; greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge has marked the upward surge of mankind.
"

Now this was a man who was honest with himself about evolution.

Old 10-02-2008, 01:03 PM

Quote:
God is 2+2=4, and if you believe you won the argument, by all means.
I know I won. You won't watch the video. I win by default.

Quote:
I know the truth, you atheist are not being honest with yourselves.
I'm not an atheist.. so you must be talking to someone else.

Quote:
Atheism couldn't produce the declaration of independence nor create this country.
Actually greed created this country..

Remember "Taxation without representation"

Quote:
This country was founded on Christian principles.
What principles were those?

(Please please please say the 10 commandments.. please!!!!!)

Quote:
Is it a coincidence that this is the most giving nation in the world.
No. Probably has to do with we are the richest .. thus have more to give.

Quote:
Atheism/ evolution/ Darwinism breeds selfishness and greed.
So how do you account for the 1800 years of selfishness and greed before Darwin?

Quote:
Quote from movie "Wall Street" Gordon Gekko

"Greed is right, greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of its forms; greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge has marked the upward surge of mankind."

Now this was a man who was honest with himself about evolution.
You do realize that movies aren't real.. don't you?

Like when you watch Batman.. you do realize that there isn't like really a guy who has a bat suit and who can fly and has cool gadgets and stuff.

Old 10-02-2008, 02:39 PM

5,165 posts, read 8,079,123 times
Quote:
This country was founded on Christian principles.
The majority of the Founding Fathers were deists and while they believed in a god, they were not part of any religion. Some of them were highly critical of Christianity and all religions in general. They were believers in a god, but not the Christian one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity