Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2008, 11:06 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,427,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancofu View Post
What exactly is an animal "kind"? Do you honestly think evolution states that a dog with give birth to anything other than a dog? That's just silly and shows a huge misunderstanding of what evolution is.
Yes because according to evolution, some ancestor gave rise to chimp and human. That something was neither chimp nor human. That something was something else in the distant past. This some thing was something that lived in the water. Some type of bottom dwelling creature with a notochord.

I do not have a misunderstanding of evolution.

Old 10-03-2008, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Except for all the formations that were formed in arid and semi arid environments, such as deserts, evoporites, paleosols - along with associated features and remnants that could not form if associated with water or any cataclysm. Or formations that could not have formed in high energy environments such as reefs and chalks, etc. Flood Geology is no more than "folk science" dreamed up (literally) by SDA Ellen White developed by SDA George McCready Price, eventually revived by Henry Morris. It has never produced anything as a real science, and is utterly useless, since it is not reflected in the geology. YECs can't even agree on which formations are pre-or post-Flood, Some say all, some say only those above the C-T contact, some just the most upper strata. YECs are all over the board on this.
As are evolutionists, but you do not dismiss evolution on that fact alone, now do you?

Creation science may be folk science (science of the people) but evolution is historical science (A guess at the unknown past with disregard to the evidence).

Old 10-03-2008, 11:22 AM

33,494 posts, read 36,970,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
As are evolutionists, but you do not dismiss evolution on that fact alone, now do you?

Creation science may be folk science (science of the people) but evolution is historical science (A guess at the unknown past with disregard to the evidence).
You think you understand evolution? I give up! One thing I do have to say is that I am amazed that you YEC people can cling to such outlandish beliefs, but you are certainly consistent in blindly dismissing anything and every thing that contradicts your view.

Old 10-03-2008, 11:27 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,756,402 times
Quote:
We are talking about Geology, and all the formations throughout the geologic record that could not form in a water-born cataclysm, falsifying your claim that the entire geologic record was produced by The Flood.
Quote:
"Folk science" like alchemy. Sorry, again we are discussing Geology, which is only based on evidence. Flood Geology has never produced anything useful, and never will, since its claims are not reflected in the Geologic record. It simply hasn't worked.

Old 10-03-2008, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
We are talking about Geology, and all the formations throughout the geologic record that could not form in a catastophic water-born cataclysm.
"Folk science" like alchemy. Sorry, again we are discussing Geology, which is only based on evidence. Flood Geology has never produced anything useful, and never will, since its claims are not reflected in the Geologic record. It simply hasn't worked.
Excuse me, Geologist that are influenced more by the Uniformatarian time scale based on evolutionist ideas and not on the evidence of the geology itself.

Evolution has never produced anything useful either. So lets throw them both out of the classroom. Or relegate them to history class where they both belong, right? At least we wont be lying and calling evolution science.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:01 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,756,402 times
Quote:
Excuse me, Geologist that are influenced more by the Uniformatarian time scale based on evolutionist ideas and not on the evidence of the geology itself.
Geology is all about evidence. That's it. These features found in the geologic record that can not be formed in a water-born catastrophe, are irrelevent with any timescale. They would not exist at all, if a turbulant flood was dumping a hundred feet of sediment per day all around. You know, Geology is not dependent on evolution, eventhough geology happens to exhibit in the fossil record what evolution would have produced. This can be observed after each of the mass-extinction events. Evolution is not even considered when determining geologic timescales. Geochronology doesn't care about evolution. However, it is the other way around for the evolutionists. The evolutionist have only the times scales determined by the geologists. They have to play the hand that they are dealt, so to speak. The ancient age of the Earth was discovered well before evolution was even considered.

Quote:
Evolution has never produced anything useful either. So lets throw them both out of the classroom. Or relegate them to history class where they both belong, right? At least we wont be lying and calling evolution science.
Wow are you serious? Or are you trolling? I can't tell. Next time you get the flu or an infection, don't take your meds.

Last edited by PanTerra; 10-03-2008 at 12:33 PM..

Old 10-03-2008, 07:15 PM

428 posts, read 1,626,321 times
Quote:
Yes because according to evolution, some ancestor gave rise to chimp and human. That something was neither chimp nor human. That something was something else in the distant past. This some thing was something that lived in the water. Some type of bottom dwelling creature with a notochord.

Oh, my aching sides...

Old 10-03-2008, 08:51 PM

789 posts, read 1,328,156 times
Quote:

for not understanding evolution.

Old 10-04-2008, 09:40 PM

789 posts, read 1,328,156 times
I guess they gave up. I was having fun too. Eh, oh well, I'm sure another will pop up.

Old 10-05-2008, 12:03 PM

411 posts, read 1,160,882 times
Quote:
(A guess at the unknown past with disregard to the evidence).
OMG!!!! Are you freakin' kidding me??? You think evolution is disregard to evidence??? You are the one who is denying evidence!!

Something for your thoughts: You take the creation story literally, but consider this-there are two creation stories!! How do you know which is true?? Who wrote Genesis anyway? Have you ever considered the fact that whoever wrote it didn't have nearly as good of an understanding of science and creation as we do now. The writer probably didn't know what we know now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity