U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-07-2008, 09:27 AM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,038 posts, read 30,671,240 times
Reputation: 12213

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
I agree the ark was pretty much a floating box. Like an enclosed barge.

The is nothing that says tooth shape dictates diet. The Panda Bear has very sharp teeth and only eats the Eucaliptus tree. T-Rex's teeth are very suitable for serating up grass and leaves as much as any flesh.
Ahh..Nikk, You are wrong on both counts. Through natural selection Panda's teeth have adapted to their preferred diet, bamboo. There are no Eucalyptus trees in China.
"The giant panda's jaw is extremely heavy boned, much heavier than that of a bear, the carnivore which it is closely similar to, and carries teeth which show heavy modification for a herbivorous diet."

Head

Pandas will also eat meat when it is available. There is no way a T-Rex could grind vegetation with those daggers they have for teeth.

 
Old 10-07-2008, 09:41 AM
 
Location: Missouri, USA
789 posts, read 1,169,537 times
Reputation: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
Not sure what you are getting at. These are examples of Natural Selection which I agree with. I disagree with natural selection working on mutations over millions of years to produce new kinds of animals.

Baramin is what I was talking about when I refer to Kinds of Animals.


The article you cited asked what is keeping one baramin from become another baramin. That is what is keeping the Grass hopper from becoming a cricket. And my answer is "I don't know", because for some reason in nature one type of animal dose not want to change.

I will give you an example. There is a test that we perform at college where we take the eggs of the Tze-Tze fly, put them on a pan and radiate them with Gamma radiation. These eggs when hatched will produce every mutation possible of the Tze-Tze fly. That would include viened wings, non-veined wings, red eyes, yellow eyes, black eyes, etc... These mutations are so common that you can go down to most college book stores and buy a poster with a picture of every mutation possible. The fact that these flys do not mutate into anything else is profound. One professor even stated "The Tze-Tze fly just wants to be a Tze-Tze fly". So, mutations have shown to produce nothing new in any species. These mutations may appear at different times in a population, but for some reason nothing new is ever produced.

Since nature does not provide us with mutations that change the population of a "Species" or Kind of animal, insect, etc.. The why am I required to prove what this barrier is. I think it is up to the evolutionist to prove that Kinds of animals will break this barrier at least once in a millenium or something in order to prove that evolution exist. Because right now I have seen nothing to prove it does.
Not sure what I'm getting at? You don't think evolution has any practical benefits so I gave you a link that explains in very much detail what some of the benefits are.

I found a funny little paragraph about baraminology.
Quote:
Baraminology has been heavily criticized for its lack of rigorous testing and post-study rejection of data which does not fit desired findings.[15] Baraminology is a pseudoscience, and has not produced any peer-reviewed scientific research,[16] nor is any word beginning with "baramin" found in Biological Abstracts, which has complete coverage of zoology and botany literature since 1924.[17] Universal common descent, which states that all life shares a common ancestor, is well-established and tested, and is a scientifically-verified fact[18] However, neither cladistics, the field devoted to investigating the ancestral relationships between living things, nor the scientific consensus on transitional fossils are accepted by baraminologists [19].
 
Old 10-07-2008, 09:42 AM
 
Location: Richardson, TX
8,692 posts, read 11,422,950 times
Reputation: 3684
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Ahh..Nikk, You are wrong on both counts. Through natural selection Panda's teeth have adapted to their preferred diet, bamboo. There are no Eucalyptus trees in China.
Maybe Nikk is thinking of the Australian marsupial, the Koala bear.
 
Old 10-07-2008, 09:45 AM
 
2,255 posts, read 4,795,438 times
Reputation: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
I agree the ark was pretty much a floating box. Like an enclosed barge.

The is nothing that says tooth shape dictates diet. The Panda Bear has very sharp teeth and only eats the Eucaliptus tree. T-Rex's teeth are very suitable for serating up grass and leaves as much as any flesh.
Yes but notice I'm not calling it a vicious hunter as made out in the movies. A purposely designed scavenger works as well. Someone has to clean up that mess when the Brachiosaurus kicks the bucket. Everything serves a purpose.

We also have been taught from the nature videos that even some alligators and crocadiles go months without eating, so it's quite possible well fed animals boarded the ark, but who am i to argue particulars seeing I was'nt there,

Last edited by bluepacific; 10-07-2008 at 09:48 AM.. Reason: spelling
 
Old 10-07-2008, 09:47 AM
 
Location: Missouri, USA
789 posts, read 1,169,537 times
Reputation: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
Yes but notice I'm not calling it a vicious hunter as made out in the movies. A purposely designed scavenger works as well. Someone has to clean up that mess when the Brachiosaurus kicks the bucket. Everything serves a purpose.

We also have been taught from the nature videos that even some alligators and crocadiles go months without eating, so it's quite possible well fed animals boarded the ark, but who am i to argue particulars seeing I was'nt there,

People shouldn't think Jurassic Park is a historical document. I'd guess the same people that think it's a documentary are the same people that think the Bible is. Jurassic Park = Proof of Genesis

How would short-lived animals have survived? What would they all have eaten after getting off the ark? Each other? Plant? The flood would have destroyed all the vegetation.
 
Old 10-07-2008, 09:55 AM
 
Location: Richardson, TX
8,692 posts, read 11,422,950 times
Reputation: 3684
Here is an article some may appreciate.
New species differentiate in far fewer generations than previously thought || kuro5hin.org
 
Old 10-07-2008, 10:30 AM
 
Location: PA
2,616 posts, read 3,920,447 times
Reputation: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Ahh..Nikk, You are wrong on both counts. Through natural selection Panda's teeth have adapted to their preferred diet, bamboo. There are no Eucalyptus trees in China.
"The giant panda's jaw is extremely heavy boned, much heavier than that of a bear, the carnivore which it is closely similar to, and carries teeth which show heavy modification for a herbivorous diet."

Head

Pandas will also eat meat when it is available. There is no way a T-Rex could grind vegetation with those daggers they have for teeth.
You are correct it is Bambo, not the Eucalyptus that the Carnivorous teeth of the Panda chews.

You have never seen a T-Rex eat to say what they ate and how? Now have you? We don't know for sure from the fossil reccord. But the bible is clear that all animals were herbavoirs from the begining.
 
Old 10-07-2008, 10:31 AM
 
Location: Missouri, USA
789 posts, read 1,169,537 times
Reputation: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
You are correct it is Bambo, not the Eucalyptus that the Carnivorous teeth of the Panda chews.

You have never seen a T-Rex eat to say what they ate and how? Now have you? We don't know for sure from the fossil reccord. But the bible is clear that all animals were herbavoirs from the begining.
And that, class, is called begging the question.
 
Old 10-07-2008, 10:35 AM
 
Location: PA
2,616 posts, read 3,920,447 times
Reputation: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by fancofu View Post
Not sure what I'm getting at? You don't think evolution has any practical benefits so I gave you a link that explains in very much detail what some of the benefits are.

I found a funny little paragraph about baraminology.
Baraminology has not been implemented because evolutionist only believe in evolution. So, they will not report on something that is biblical in nature. There are scientist that are begining to study this. However, because it is based on creation most current peer reviewed magazines would not let it be published for that fact alone.
 
Old 10-07-2008, 10:38 AM
 
Location: PA
2,616 posts, read 3,920,447 times
Reputation: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
Yes but notice I'm not calling it a vicious hunter as made out in the movies. A purposely designed scavenger works as well. Someone has to clean up that mess when the Brachiosaurus kicks the bucket. Everything serves a purpose.

We also have been taught from the nature videos that even some alligators and crocadiles go months without eating, so it's quite possible well fed animals boarded the ark, but who am i to argue particulars seeing I was'nt there,
Yes, this is probably how the T-Rex lived in a post-flood world. I can agree that it could have become a scavenger.

Also, young were taken on the ark which were smaller and did not require as much food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top