U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-07-2008, 12:17 PM
 
Location: PA
2,616 posts, read 3,919,925 times
Reputation: 465

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancofu View Post
Comment on my previous post about the Panda.
What, you think that the Panda is poorly designed? It seems to me to be well designed. So, that is just an opinion.

I guess you also have a problem with the poor design of the human eye as well!

 
Old 10-07-2008, 12:20 PM
 
Location: Missouri, USA
789 posts, read 1,169,407 times
Reputation: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
God's creation is very good at surviving. We see that animals are very good at living even in very difficult situations. That includes the fruit fly. The fruit fly did not have to go on the ark because it was only land animals that went on the ark with Noah. Only a very small population of flies had to survive. The flood did not last that long.

Not all vegetation was destroyed. Plants can get wet and then dry off and continue living. Yes, there was tons of plants burried to create the coal beds of today. But the earth was completely covered pre-flood with vegetation. That includes Antarctica, and places that are now deserts like Saudi Arabia.

Some animals do depend on parrents for survival at a very young age. These were not on the ark.
Wow... That's all I can say. You make absolutely no sense and yet you believe it. Wow. How long was the flood? 40-150 days?
Quote:
* Many plants (seeds and all) would be killed by being submerged for a few months. This is especially true if they were soaked in salt water. Some mangroves, coconuts, and other coastal species have seed which could be expected to survive the Flood itself, but what of the rest?
* Most seeds would have been buried under many feet (even miles) of sediment. This is deep enough to prevent spouting.
* Most plants require established soils to grow--soils which would have been stripped by the Flood.
* Some plants germinate only after being exposed to fire or after being ingested by animals; these conditions would be rare (to put it mildly) after the Flood.
* Noah could not have gathered seeds for all plants because not all plants produce seeds, and a variety of plant seeds can't survive a year before germinating. [Garwood, 1989; Benzing, 1990; Densmore & Zasada, 1983] Also, how did he distribute them all over the world?
Quote:
Adult mayflies on the ark would have died in a few days, and the larvae of many mayflies require shallow fresh running water. Many other insects would face similar problems.
Are you sure that "not all vegetation was destroyed"? What does Genesis 7:23 say?
 
Old 10-07-2008, 12:26 PM
 
Location: Missouri, USA
789 posts, read 1,169,407 times
Reputation: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
What, you think that the Panda is poorly designed? It seems to me to be well designed. So, that is just an opinion.

I guess you also have a problem with the poor design of the human eye as well!
What makes you think it is well designed?
Quote:
Despite its taxonomic classification as a carnivore, the Giant Panda has a diet that is primarily herbivorous, which consists almost exclusively of bamboo. However, the Giant Panda still has the digestive system of a carnivore and does not have the ability to digest cellulose efficiently, and thus derives little energy and little protein from consumption of bamboo. The average Giant Panda eats as much as 9 to 14 kg (20 to 30 pounds) of bamboo shoots a day. Because the Giant Panda consumes a diet low in nutrition, it is important that it keep its digestive tract full. The limited energy input imposed on it by its diet has affected the panda's behavior. The Giant Panda tends to limit its social interactions and avoids steeply sloping terrain in order to limit its energy expenditures.[16]
Yes, the eye is an argument against intelligent design, as is crowded teeth and poor sinus drainage, reproduction, the plantaris muscle, the appendix, wings in flightless birds, congenital diseases, so on and so on.
 
Old 10-07-2008, 12:28 PM
 
Location: Richardson, TX
8,692 posts, read 11,421,128 times
Reputation: 3684
Why are no coal seams found in oceanic crust? There should be if all the earth was completely flooded and the entire geologic strata was layed down indiscriminately by the flood waters.
 
Old 10-07-2008, 12:29 PM
 
Location: Richardson, TX
8,692 posts, read 11,421,128 times
Reputation: 3684
Any word on when is ID going to have a Theory?
 
Old 10-07-2008, 12:33 PM
 
Location: Somewhere out there
9,616 posts, read 11,061,524 times
Reputation: 3717
Sigh..... You folks still at it here? amazing! I remember why I signed off of these chatty little sessions what was it, a scant week ago. (That's in actual, not Creationist Time). You boys still at it I see. If you could find my second-to-the-last post (if I remember right) I noted how pointless it is to try to logically out-logic the dogmatists here. But I will say in their defense, boys, esp. my old friend NIKK, you certainly are VERY CREATIVE (pun pun) even as the logical arguments pour in! Absolutely amazing. For newcomers to the thread, I suggest that, unless you're really being entertained, you need to realize that these boys have a near-endless supply of counter-arguments. The critical difference is that while you are basing yours on observable, repeatable, testable and endlessly refined data, they are basing theirs simply on the "Proof of Faith". QED and all that.

Well, I'm going back to my massager/recliner. Bring it on! And watch out for those fast-moving Tectonic Plates (THAT was a good one!).

Last edited by rifleman; 10-07-2008 at 12:35 PM.. Reason: typos
 
Old 10-07-2008, 12:40 PM
 
Location: Richardson, TX
8,692 posts, read 11,421,128 times
Reputation: 3684
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Sigh..... You folks still at it here? amazing! I remember why I signed off of these chatty little sessions what was it, a scant week ago. (That's in actual, not Creationist Time). You boys still at it I see. If you could find my second-to-the-last post (if I remember right) I noted how pointless it is to try to logically out-logic the dogmatists here. But I will say in their defense, boys, esp. my old friend NIKK, you certainly are VERY CREATIVE (pun pun) even as the logical arguments pour in! Absolutely amazing. For newcomers to the thread, I suggest that, unless you're really being entertained, you need to realize that these boys have a near-endless supply of counter-arguments. The critical difference is that while you are basing yours on observable, repeatable, testable and endlessly refined data, they are basing theirs simply on the "Proof of Faith". QED and all that.
Yeah, it is about as constructive as debating heliocentricity with these people or even these people. When people base their science on ANE Cosmology, this new fangled 20th -21st century science, ostensibly TILTs their pin-ball machine.

Quote:
Well, I'm going back to my massager/recliner. Bring it on! And watch out for those fast-moving Tectonic Plates (THAT was a good one!).
Of course you have to throw out the much loved 2LoT.
 
Old 10-07-2008, 12:48 PM
 
Location: Richardson, TX
8,692 posts, read 11,421,128 times
Reputation: 3684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
What, you think that the Panda is poorly designed? It seems to me to be well designed. So, that is just an opinion.

I guess you also have a problem with the poor design of the human eye as well!
Oh that reminds me, I need to make an appointment with my opthamologist.
 
Old 10-07-2008, 12:56 PM
 
Location: Swamps of Florida
3,412 posts, read 9,024,950 times
Reputation: 1982
Everything is poorly "designed", I guess, that includes Humans, and because humans were "designed" in his image that makes him not perfect, and if he's not perfect, then why are you following him??

Those darn cockroaches....
 
Old 10-07-2008, 01:38 PM
 
Location: Richardson, TX
8,692 posts, read 11,421,128 times
Reputation: 3684
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
Everything is poorly "designed", I guess, that includes Humans, and because humans were "designed" in his image that makes him not perfect, and if he's not perfect, then why are you following him??

Those darn cockroaches....
How about sharks? Now there is an efficient eating machine. It just can't stop moving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top