U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-11-2008, 03:34 AM
 
379 posts, read 513,154 times
Reputation: 147

Advertisements

I think a single-celled organism gradually turning into a fish, then into a frog, then into birds with wings, etc, is not likely. It's not likely because their parts are too intricate. Take, for instance, a bat (among others). It has echolocation (look it up). Even if people think evolution could explain this, it's still pretty incredible. More intricate parts are snakes with venom from their teeth and plain old apples and bananas.

 
Old 10-11-2008, 08:49 AM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
29,990 posts, read 30,617,241 times
Reputation: 12196
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17271 View Post
I think a single-celled organism gradually turning into a fish, then into a frog, then into birds with wings, etc, is not likely. It's not likely because their parts are too intricate. Take, for instance, a bat (among others). It has echolocation (look it up). Even if people think evolution could explain this, it's still pretty incredible. More intricate parts are snakes with venom from their teeth and plain old apples and bananas.
Do you really think that it's more likely that everything was magically poofed into existence in 6 days, when there is tons of evidence that that is just not so? Sorry, I do not believe in magic.
 
Old 10-11-2008, 09:20 AM
 
Location: RV Park
7,543 posts, read 11,534,611 times
Reputation: 4461
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Do you really think that it's more likely that everything was magically poofed into existence in 6 days, when there is tons of evidence that that is just not so? Sorry, I do not believe in magic.
Nothing cannot create something.
 
Old 10-11-2008, 09:40 AM
 
Location: Missouri, USA
789 posts, read 1,168,334 times
Reputation: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17271 View Post
I think a single-celled organism gradually turning into a fish, then into a frog, then into birds with wings, etc, is not likely. It's not likely because their parts are too intricate. Take, for instance, a bat (among others). It has echolocation (look it up). Even if people think evolution could explain this, it's still pretty incredible. More intricate parts are snakes with venom from their teeth and plain old apples and bananas.
Read this.
 
Old 10-11-2008, 09:42 AM
 
Location: Missouri, USA
789 posts, read 1,168,334 times
Reputation: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Nothing cannot create something.
How was God created? By nothing?
 
Old 10-11-2008, 10:27 AM
 
Location: RV Park
7,543 posts, read 11,534,611 times
Reputation: 4461
Quote:
Originally Posted by fancofu View Post
How was God created? By nothing?
The Creator is the I AM. Before the world was, He is.

We are stuck in a dimension of time and space, to which He is not only free from, but He encompasses. It's impossible for our finite minds to comprehend an eternity going backwards, but that's precisely what we're talking about - 5 billion years ago, God is peacefully hanging out being Holy. 5 trillion years ago, He's still resting in His awesome glory.

Ditto for all time - In the beginning, God...(Gen 1:1)
 
Old 10-11-2008, 10:33 AM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
29,990 posts, read 30,617,241 times
Reputation: 12196
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
The Creator is the I AM. Before the world was, He is.

We are stuck in a dimension of time and space, to which He is not only free from, but He encompasses. It's impossible for our finite minds to comprehend an eternity going backwards, but that's precisely what we're talking about - 5 billion years ago, God is peacefully hanging out being Holy. 5 trillion years ago, He's still resting in His awesome glory.

Ditto for all time - In the beginning, God...(Gen 1:1)
As I said, I do not believe in magic.
 
Old 10-11-2008, 10:35 AM
 
Location: Missouri, USA
789 posts, read 1,168,334 times
Reputation: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
The Creator is the I AM. Before the world was, He is.

We are stuck in a dimension of time and space, to which He is not only free from, but He encompasses. It's impossible for our finite minds to comprehend an eternity going backwards, but that's precisely what we're talking about - 5 billion years ago, God is peacefully hanging out being Holy. 5 trillion years ago, He's still resting in His awesome glory.

Ditto for all time - In the beginning, God...(Gen 1:1)
Who created the dimension that God is in?
 
Old 10-11-2008, 10:47 AM
 
Location: RV Park
7,543 posts, read 11,534,611 times
Reputation: 4461
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
As I said, I do not believe in magic.
Neither does He.
 
Old 10-11-2008, 10:59 AM
 
Location: RV Park
7,543 posts, read 11,534,611 times
Reputation: 4461
Quote:
Originally Posted by fancofu View Post
Who created the dimension that God is in?
Seriously - anytime you ask "Who created..." just fill in God.

Woe unto him that strives with his Maker! Let the pots strive with the pots of the earth. Shall the clay say to Him that fashions it, "What do You make?" or His work, "He has no hands?" (Isa 45:9)

Last edited by little elmer; 10-11-2008 at 11:03 AM.. Reason: Respect
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top