U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 06:06 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,894,611 times

Advertisements

Sometimes the Lord uses humorous things in my life to help me relax through a laugh. It really feels good to laugh once in a while in the midst of what may otherwise be trying circumstances.

I am a serious type of guy and many times takes things too seriously in life. I need a good laugh once in a while.

A few days ago a litte boy was walking by my truck holding his fathers hand on the way in to McDonald's where I was parked. He looked at my truck and then looking at his dad said in an incredulous and unbelievable tone of voice..."Is THAT his truck? It's so rusty!". I cracked up over that one. Out of the mouths of babes....

Then yesterday I was parked at the side of the road talking to an acquaintance and someone from accross the street yelled out that I better do something about my truck. That it was dying of cancer! I smirked about that one too. First time anyone said my truck had cancer. LOL.

Today I was coming back to my truck from Tim Horton's where I got a bagel and cookie and some lady passes me on the way in and says with gusto..."I LOVE your truck! It's so different!". I didn't know quite to say about that one so I blurted out some agreeable nonsense in reply.

I mean -I- don't even love my truck LOL.

Just weird but definitely funny.

Then to top it off I was at the gym this morning. Alone except for one much older gentleman. I heard what sounded like some farting but when I turned and looked around, nothing. So I went back to drying my feet on the bench while sitting down. All of a sudden I heard it again. But this time right behind me. I turned and there was the old man walking past me as though nothing had happened at all. It was a long, wet, farty sound if you know what I mean. I started laughing out loud right there in the gym.

I just thought I would share that to give someone else a laugh and to also give you all (or at least whoever reads this) a little more insight into my everyday life.

Carlos
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2008, 06:17 PM

Here's a photo of my truck and me working on the electrical system. I had to practically tear the wiring out. It was amazing that the truck did not catch fire before I fixed the wiring. There were wires everywhere under the fuse box that had been burned to bare wire!

By the way those aren't marshmallows where the licence plate should be. I erased the licence plate on purpose this being the Internet and all .
Attached Thumbnails
Sometimes the Lord uses humor....-img_0543a.jpg  

Old 09-21-2008, 06:26 PM

And here...is a self portrait! Yup! That's me in the picture or all that I am willing to show at this point. Can't reveal myself too quickly ya know LOL.

I actually was using the telephoto on my digital camera to try and find a gnat that had flown into my eye while I was hiking (I had nothing else to look into my eye with). While I was looking it dawned on me what a funny shot that would be of myself so I took a picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Sometimes the Lord uses humor....-img_0325a.jpg  

Old 09-21-2008, 06:41 PM

1,461 posts, read 3,282,699 times
That does look like it would be a challange to keep running but I guess you manage. Sure keeps the overhead down~ Probably no house taxes either~ Best to you!

Old 09-21-2008, 06:41 PM

1,597 posts, read 1,657,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos123 View Post
It was a long, wet, farty sound if you know what I mean.
LMAO! (Pardon my language.) Yes, I know exactly what you mean. I call them "flappies", because they remind me of the fart sound that comes out of the flap on a whoopie cushion.

Old 09-21-2008, 06:43 PM

13,570 posts, read 21,712,120 times
Carlos, I love your truck

Old 09-21-2008, 07:07 PM

600 posts, read 1,153,983 times
Bless your heart Carlos...and I love your truck too.

Have to share this story, since you happened to mention the farting (LOL, hilarious btw).

A few weeks ago as I was giving my 10yo son a hug and a kiss before bed, I held onto him a little longer than I usually do. I had my arms around him and was rubbing his back and said something like, "do you know how much I love you?" to which he said, "ya"....then I said, "and do you know that I think you're the sweetest boy in the whole world?" and he says, "ya." Then he says, "and do you know that I just farted?"

Ah yes, gotta love those sweet little mother son moments in life....

Old 09-21-2008, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb in VA View Post
A few weeks ago as I was giving my 10yo son a hug and a kiss before bed, I held onto him a little longer than I usually do. I had my arms around him and was rubbing his back and said something like, "do you know how much I love you?" to which he said, "ya"....then I said, "and do you know that I think you're the sweetest boy in the whole world?" and he says, "ya." Then he says, "and do you know that I just farted?"

Ah yes, gotta love those sweet little mother son moments in life....
That is absolutely HILARIOUS!! If I had had food in my mouth it would have come blurting out! I started laughing so suddenly and so hard that I almost ended up dropping some buggers out of my nose instead LOL.

Old 09-21-2008, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquila View Post
LMAO! (Pardon my language.) Yes, I know exactly what you mean. I call them "flappies", because they remind me of the fart sound that comes out of the flap on a whoopie cushion.
That is exactly what I meant Aquila but for once, I couldn't quite find the words to adequately express myself LOL. You have a way with words my man! Flappies heh? I will have to remember that.

What's really funny is that the dear old man that was walking slowly past me probably did not even hear his own flappie let out just behind me. He just kept right on walking as though nothing at all had happened. Didn't even turn around.

Old 09-21-2008, 07:23 PM

8,830 posts, read 10,008,521 times
lol lol lol, Carlos!!! And you too, Deb!

Dang Carlos, what a rustbucket!! Ah, just kidding. You should have seen my first car. A 1962 Mercury Monterrey...it was pink!! Kind of a muted, faded peachy-pink that looked like the female version of the original batmobile. Some of my friends were so embarrassed to be seen in it that they would duck down until we got to our destination. It fondly became known as the "bronx bomber". I have no idea where he came up with it, but one of my classmates coined that one.

Love the fart story too. Old men and farts are magically synonymous. But it's not always old men......my Grandmother (she would kill me for telling this, if she were alive) used to have the walking farts. It was hilarious, and I think she thought no one could hear it!!

And Deb, that story with your son had me rolling!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or