U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 01:02 PM

4,224 posts, read 3,423,178 times
Default The Storm's Raging and I Need Your Prayer's!!!

First let me start by thanking God for what He's about to do. Father, I thank you for your mercies. Though I don't feel strong right now, I thank you. I'm torn and my heart is heavy Lord, but I thank you. I thank you all you Saints in Jesus Christ for all your prayer's in advance.

My mother has discontinued her dialysis treatments since last week without letting us know. She usually goes Mon. Wed. and Fridays. She went to none last week. Today is Monday, she's hospitalized and still refusing the dialysis. The Dr.'s said it won't be long, I don't recognize her. She has decided she does'nt want to hurt anymore. She's been place on Hospice. My heart is hurting so bad! I am a nurse!! A hospice nurse to be exact!! How, do I do this Lord? This is mmyyyy mother! How do I do this? Am I been selfish Lord for wondering why she can't go on? For praying that she changes her mind and continue the treatments? Am I?

My mother have known God all of her life. He has been her source of strength throughout her life. Why now? What about all her grand kids? They won't understand. I don't understand. Please send prayers. Need your help please.

Your sister in Christ Jesus
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 01:05 PM

3,761 posts, read 5,245,155 times
Praying for you and your mother.

Old 09-22-2008, 01:33 PM

7,767 posts, read 9,137,317 times
Praying for you and no, you're not being selfish. God has given you the personality you have and He has nurtured you to where you are.

We don't know all the answers but we know that He is the provision we need for today, and tomorrow we'll deal with tomorrow.

Praying for you in this foggy time,

Alpha

Old 09-22-2008, 01:42 PM

6,932 posts, read 6,743,918 times
You're describing my mother, Betsey Lane; she too was under Hospice, and she too ultimately refused all but pain medication. But in the middle of all the hell, Jesus and a few more saints talked with her - I pray that her spirit will be released to commune with Him during this time, and the peace of God would cover the entire family.

Old 09-22-2008, 02:02 PM

3,797 posts, read 4,051,219 times
Much love and comfort to you in your time of need.

Old 09-22-2008, 02:11 PM

1,246 posts, read 2,016,987 times
You are not being selfish at all. You are being human. I can not imagine what you are going through so I won't even pretend to try, all I will say is that my thoughts and my prayers are with you, your mother, and your family during this most difficult time.

Keep your eyes on God, hold tight and remember that it is in moments as these that he does not forsake us, but rather it is He that carries us. I pray His peace and His comfort be poured out graciously upon you.

Old 09-22-2008, 02:35 PM

8,830 posts, read 5,855,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
First let me start by thanking God for what He's about to do. Father, I thank you for your mercies. Though I don't feel strong right now, I thank you. I'm torn and my heart is heavy Lord, but I thank you. I thank you all you Saints in Jesus Christ for all your prayer's in advance.

My mother has discontinued her dialysis treatments since last week without letting us know. She usually goes Mon. Wed. and Fridays. She went to none last week. Today is Monday, she's hospitalized and still refusing the dialysis. The Dr.'s said it won't be long, I don't recognize her. She has decided she does'nt want to hurt anymore. She's been place on Hospice. My heart is hurting so bad! I am a nurse!! A hospice nurse to be exact!! How, do I do this Lord? This is mmyyyy mother! How do I do this? Am I been selfish Lord for wondering why she can't go on? For praying that she changes her mind and continue the treatments? Am I?

My mother have known God all of her life. He has been her source of strength throughout her life. Why now? What about all her grand kids? They won't understand. I don't understand. Please send prayers. Need your help please.

Your sister in Christ Jesus
I'm so sorry you're having to go through this, Betsey. It's easy to understand your Mother giving up when there's so much pain, especially when she knows that there is something soooo much better waiting for her. But that makes it so hard on you and your family.

I don't think you are being selfish AT ALL, we all want our loved ones around for as long as possible. It's sounds as though she has made up her mind about it. Rather than trying to change her mind, ask God to do it. Ask God to relieve her of the pain so that she WILL want to continue on. Put it all in his hands, and have faith that He knows what's best for her.

I will pray for your strength through this difficult time and for God to heal your Mother. I still believe God is in the miracle business!! Praying right now for you, Sister.

Old 09-22-2008, 02:37 PM

2,134 posts, read 2,955,101 times
My prayers are with you and your family. And also for your mother's peace.

<><

Old 09-22-2008, 02:43 PM

12,347 posts, read 14,153,823 times
Praying for a gentle transition for your Mom and for comfort and strength for you, Betsey

Old 09-22-2008, 02:48 PM

19,979 posts, read 19,786,443 times
No you are not selfish to want your mother. I want mine around as long as possible. I will pray for both of you.
Hold on tight and seek the heart of Jesus, in His arms you will find strength not only to survive, but to thrive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity