Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2016, 08:18 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,347,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Timothy316 View Post
So you are calling me a liar or trying to hypnotize me. Do you fear what the Bible says and that's why you think it's being 'thrown at you'? The real answer is I don't have a yes or no answer yet. Jehovah hasn't guaranteed me anything except that if I endure to the end then I will be spared. Well, I'm not dead and this wicked world is still here so I have no answer because I haven't endure to the end yet.

But I DO apply it to myself, is the Bible only good for a couple of laws to you? But the scriptures below were written after Jesus pointed out the most important laws. Jesus didn't say other laws are not important. You're the one implying that.

The things to avoid found in 2 Tim 3:1-5, Rom 1:26, 27, Galatians 5:19-21, Eph 4:31 and 1 Cor 6:9, 10 (just to name a few) are part of the ALL SCRIPTURES that are for reproof yet you are saying they don't matter. I am simply pointing to the Bible which is what the Bible says I should do, to correct wrong thinking. If a person cannot accept the correction then their fight is not with me but with God's Word. You are correct about one thing, you don't answer to me for ignoring 2 Tim 3:1-5, Rom 1:26, 27, Galatians 5:19-21, Eph 4:31 and 1 Cor 6:9, 10. If you reject those scriptures then there's nothing I can do about it. My only obligation is to point out that there are not only 2 commandments in the Bible.

(Did you notice how I was able to explain myself without telling you what you think?)
Quote:
Good. Then is below a commandment to avoid such things or a command to do them?

"Or do you not know that unrighteous people will not inherit God’s Kingdom? Do not be misled. Those who are sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, men who submit to homosexual acts, men who practice homosexuality, thieves, greedy people, drunkards, revilers, and extortioners will not inherit God’s Kingdom." 1 Cor 6:9, 10

If you answer yes then there are more than only 2 commandments we have to follow. If you answer no then your your fight is with God's Word the Bible and not me at all. The above are not my words and you say I should apply them. Well I do. Do you?
If a person follows the two, which actually equate to one.
Then, the rest will take care of themselves.

And I never fear what man has said, written or spoken.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2016, 09:02 AM

741 posts, read 444,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post

I see. Then your fight really isn't with me but with the Bible. I'm just getting the ear full about it and getting blasted for believing scriptures like the one below that God's Word comes through men in way of the Bible.

"Indeed, that is why we also thank God unceasingly, because when you received God’s word, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men but, just as it truthfully is, as the word of God, which is also at work in you believers." - 1 Thessalonians 2:13

I'm guessing you think the above is false?
If you do. Then in the future when someone posts something from the Bible, how about rather than saying the person who posted it is wrong, be honest with everyone and take the plunge to say the Bible is wrong.

Last edited by 2Timothy316; 07-01-2016 at 09:12 AM..

Old 07-07-2016, 09:38 PM

Quote:

Quote:
I see. Then your fight really isn't with me but with the Bible. I'm just getting the ear full about it and getting blasted for believing scriptures like the one below that God's Word comes through men in way of the Bible.

"Indeed, that is why we also thank God unceasingly, because when you received God’s word, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men but, just as it truthfully is, as the word of God, which is also at work in you believers." - 1 Thessalonians 2:13

I'm guessing you think the above is false?
If you do. Then in the future when someone posts something from the Bible, how about rather than saying the person who posted it is wrong, be honest with everyone and take the plunge to say the Bible is wrong.
You can believe or accept everything you are told. As for me, I will search my own heart.
It delights in searching out the deeper things of God - not just those men believe to be true.

Old 07-08-2016, 06:06 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,019,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YBF View Post
I heard this on the radio yesterday and want to know why are Jehovah's Witnesses not voting in gov't elections?
Why should they?...

Old 07-08-2016, 12:32 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,914,670 times
The JW,s did vote--Jesus as king.

Old 07-08-2016, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Irrelevant. And most are merely self-absorbed.

Old 07-08-2016, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Irrelevant. And most are merely self-absorbed.

How many kings does one need? The bible teaches that one cannot serve two masters.

Old 07-08-2016, 04:12 PM

Quote:
How many kings does one need? The bible teaches that one cannot serve two masters.
Christianism has two gods, one is of this world.
I believe you call him, Satan?

Which is nothing more than man, himself.
And his beliefs that condemn the majority.

Old 07-08-2016, 05:19 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,955,378 times
Quote:
Interesting post ^ above ^.
How long has mankind been voting for other humans ?
It would seem that if the voting process was going to work it would well have worked by now instead of failing.
- Ecclesiastes 8:9

Old 07-09-2016, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Christianism has two gods, one is of this world.
I believe you call him, Satan?

Which is nothing more than man, himself.
And his beliefs that condemn the majority.

A true follower is no part of this world--their hearts are to Gods kingdom hope.
Satan is very real, unless you are calling God a liar. Even Jesus taught--satan is the ruler of this world--that is why his kingdom is no part of this world.( yet)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity