U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 04:23 AM

110 posts, read 132,722 times

Advertisements

E.I.T.A.I.A.S.

Why do we have to give Honor to the Holy Spirit and to the Father, because Only Jesus Came down from heaven, to rescue us, not the Father and the Holy Spirit, is this true?

Why?

Or why Not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2008, 08:09 AM

352 posts, read 454,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West. View Post
E.I.T.A.I.A.S.

Why do we have to give Honor to the Holy Spirit and to the Father, because Only Jesus Came down from heaven, to rescue us, not the Father and the Holy Spirit, is this true?

Why?

Or why Not?
We honor all three because they are all one in the same Being; yes, Jesus was the one who came down, but He came down because it was the will of the Father to sacrifice His Son (aka Himself) to take away the sins of the world. Jesus says multiple times that He won't do anything unless it is the will of the Father. We worship God because He decided that He wanted to save us all from sin and He chose to sacrifice His own Son and bear the evils of the world in order that we wouldn't have to. We honor the Spirit because it was the Spirit that aided Jesus throughout His ministry and gave Him the strength to carry out the Crucifixion. This isn't to mention that Jesus would later give the Spirit, "the Great Advocater" to mankind in order that we might use it to help live the holy and godly life that God expects from us all. It's some good stuff man.

Old 09-28-2008, 08:54 AM

1,461 posts, read 3,085,878 times
Good post Nero777. I agree that the Godhead is all one but has three different functions. God the father is the head, the creator. Jesus was the son, the savior. The Holy Spirit is the comfortor and the teacher. They work as one.
Just like a man can be a father in his home, the provider and the husband.
I heard an example once that a young man comes before the judge for speeding. To be a just judge he fines the boy. But what if the judge is the boy's father? He can come down from the bench and pay the fine for the boy. He can be loving and just at the same time.

Old 09-28-2008, 04:52 PM

20,988 posts, read 28,142,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero777 View Post
We honor all three because they are all one in the same Being; yes, Jesus was the one who came down, but He came down because it was the will of the Father to sacrifice His Son (aka Himself) to take away the sins of the world. Jesus says multiple times that He won't do anything unless it is the will of the Father. We worship God because He decided that He wanted to save us all from sin and He chose to sacrifice His own Son and bear the evils of the world in order that we wouldn't have to. We honor the Spirit because it was the Spirit that aided Jesus throughout His ministry and gave Him the strength to carry out the Crucifixion. This isn't to mention that Jesus would later give the Spirit, "the Great Advocater" to mankind in order that we might use it to help live the holy and godly life that God expects from us all. It's some good stuff man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwoodpoint View Post
Good post Nero777. I agree that the Godhead is all one but has three different functions. God the father is the head, the creator. Jesus was the son, the savior. The Holy Spirit is the comfortor and the teacher. They work as one.
I heard an example once that a young man comes before the judge for speeding. To be a just judge he fines the boy. But what if the judge is the boy's father? He can come down from the bench and pay the fine for the boy. He can be loving and just at the same time.
Agree with both of you.

Old 09-29-2008, 07:38 AM

28,060 posts, read 44,133,257 times
Or if you don't think there are 3, then don't 'honour' them.

The Creator of the heavens and earth is one. He is the father of us all. He is holy, and He is spirit.

Jesus is His son.

Old 07-09-2012, 05:48 AM

1 posts, read 976 times
No! The Father is Jehovah (Psalm 2:7), the Son is Jehovah (John 1:1, John 20:28, Revelation 2:23, Revelation 22:12-13, Isaiah 8:12-13 & 1 Peter 3:14-15), and the Holy Spirit is Jehovah (2 Cor 3:17-18 and Exodus 34:34; Acts 5:3-4). There is only one Jehovah (Deuteronomy 6:4). Yet they are three people. The reason is this: it is plain testimony that the Father loves the Son and Jesus loves His Father and prays to Him. How can a person pray to himself? Also, Jesus said in John 17 to the Father, asking Him to glorify Him (Jesus) with the glory that they share together before the creation of the world. It is plain that at least 2 persons were sharing glory before the foundation of the world. Also, Jesus said in John 8 that the testimony of two men is true. He bears witness about Himself; the Father that sent him bears witness also. In order for Jesus to use the law that "the testimony of 2 men is true," two people must exist-him and his Father. Jesus also said that He will ask the Father, and the Father will send you ANOTHER Helper, the Holy Spirit. Therefore, Jesus is not the same person as the Holy Ghost. Also, Jesus was once led by the Holy Spirit to the witness; and Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to His saints at Pentecost. A person cannot be led by himself and cannot send himself. And also, Romans 8 says that the Holy Spirit intercedes to the Father for us and the Father understands him. This is plain testimony that these are in fact the Holy Three who are in communion with each other, and yet they are One God.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:22 AM

3,066 posts, read 2,739,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwoodpoint View Post
RESPONSE:

One of the obvious flaws in the Trinity teaching, which developed in the second century and was necessary to explain how there could be two Gods, is that they must be co-equal (in all respects).

To be "coequal" no one person of the Trinty can have something or lack something that the other two exhibit.

This can shown not to be true.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:43 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,017,509 times
I can't find "Holy Trinity" in my Bible.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:45 AM

64 posts, read 44,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowdog View Post
I can't find "Holy Trinity" in my Bible.
"The Bible" isn't in the Bible either. That doesn't mean it's not the Bible.

Old 07-09-2012, 09:09 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,017,509 times
"The Bible" is indeed in the Bible. Mostly translated as "the book", because that is all it means.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity