Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 05:30 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times

Advertisements

We should vote for the lesser of two evils.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2008, 06:08 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robzherenow View Post
The upcoming Presidential Election is perhaps one of the most historic elections in the history of America. With the economy on the verge of meltdown, the ongoing war which is costing tax payers $10 billion a month, and the fear and uncertainty in the hearts of people, the next President has a difficult mission in turning things around.

I was curious to see who are Christians voting for? Or is there even a preference? Who and Why?

Well, as a Christian, what happens in this world doesn't matter, it's the next world that's important.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:54 PM

261 posts, read 1,515,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Well, as a Christian, what happens in this world doesn't matter, it's the next world that's important.

As a Christian, what happens in this world should matter. We were born into this world, live in this world, and God holds us accountable for our actions in this world. Yes the "next world" is important but we were not born into the "next world". We are here and now. God blessed us with life and the ability to make a contribution on His earth.

Old 10-01-2008, 11:55 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,326,850 times
:"Christian's" should vote for whomever they choose. After all even Christian's still have that right so far. Personally, I am still in the decision making process, but I will make my own choice prayerfully regardless of what my pastor or the evangelical community recommends.

Old 10-02-2008, 12:45 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,859,079 times
All Christians should hold firm in their faith that God is still on his throne whomever is President. Whoever gets the office isn't going to cause God to get nervous or upset. His Kingdom come, his will be done on earth as it is in heaven is all of our prayer, red state, blue state, US, or anywhere in the world.

Jesus came into Judea when it was ruled by Rome. God's will was done even within that occupation, so his will will surely be done even if an enemy occupies the white house (said tongue in cheek, don't get upset).

I look back on my political past and see that my vote for pro life candidates hasn't cleansed our nations of this most heinous crime against millions of lost lives. I now put my hope solely that the church will continue to be salt and light and by the power of prayer beseech God to miraculously stop this slaughter. I put my faith in a supernatural resolution, have lost faith in a political one.

I can't fathom the direction this nation will take under an Obama presidency, I don't want it, but I realize that God is still going to work his purpose out. If we truly are heading toward Jesus' return, the bible warned that darker days will precede that event. This election just might move us closer to that glorious day. Thus, Obama might be his plan for president after all.

But God will have to bring two to vote for Obama if that is his plan -- One to cancel my vote and the second to one up it, because I won't vote for him.

Old 10-02-2008, 01:39 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
Quote:
As a Christian, what happens in this world should matter. We were born into this world, live in this world, and God holds us accountable for our actions in this world. Yes the "next world" is important but we were not born into the "next world". We are here and now. God blessed us with life and the ability to make a contribution on His earth.
Yet we are cautioned against becoming attached to this world of evil and sin...

Old 10-02-2008, 01:40 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
vote for the person who you think will act in a godly manner. this one is all about principle,
not impression management.
moral and economic solvency go together.
obama 08

Old 10-02-2008, 04:47 PM

261 posts, read 1,515,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Yet we are cautioned against becoming attached to this world of evil and sin...

No one ever said you have to get attached to this world. However, you do have a responsibility to make a contribution in this world. Jesus preached a parable about being the "salt of the earth". Perhaps you should read that.

Old 10-02-2008, 04:54 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times
Quote:
No one ever said you have to get attached to this world. However, you do have a responsibility to make a contribution in this world. Jesus preached a parable about being the "salt of the earth". Perhaps you should read that.
Context, context, context........depends what that contribution is. It is spreading the gospel, telling people the good news.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:02 PM

2,903 posts, read 12,533,783 times
Very interesting replies so far.....some surprise me.
While I am not thrilled with either candidate, I could not vote for Sen. Obama for the following reasons;

1) He is not pro life. He even voted for partial birth abortions. I dare anyone to watch a partial birth abortion and not turn pale and wretch.

2) He has aligned himself with some very dangerous radicals. Ayers for one. A cop killer by his own admission. Rev. Wright....yes, Obama distanced himself from him when it was expedient, but Obama sat under his "God damn America", black militant teaching for 20 years. Black Liberation Theology is a dangerous cult.

3) According to his own website, he wants a civilian Armed National Police force.....very scary.

4) Obama is opposed to any missile defense, thus making the world MUCH more dangerous.

5) Without going into a LONG discourse, Obama does have Muslim roots in some of his schooling and with his family.....As one person wisely said, "I've learned everything I need to know about Islam on 9/11" I for one have studied modern day Islam, and it is a threat to our way of life. It is not a peaceful religion.

6) One of Obama's heroes is well known Communist author Saul Alinsky.....a very radical author and teacher. In his book, Rules for Radicals, Alinski dedicated the book to Lucifer. Frank Marshall Davis is a communist and is also considered a mentor to Obama.

7) As a senator, Obama voted "Present" instead of yes or no, over 130 times during his short tenure.

I could go on and on, but the hour is late.......in closing, yes, I am voting. Too many good americans died to continue that right. To not vote would dishonor them.......people all around the world would love to have that right.

Jesus said to Occupy till He comes.....I will not be so heavenly minded that I am no earthly good.

Respectfully, Frank D.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity