U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 01:38 PM

261 posts, read 1,399,607 times

Advertisements

The upcoming Presidential Election is perhaps one of the most historic elections in the history of America. With the economy on the verge of meltdown, the ongoing war which is costing tax payers $10 billion a month, and the fear and uncertainty in the hearts of people, the next President has a difficult mission in turning things around.

I was curious to see who are Christians voting for? Or is there even a preference? Who and Why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2008, 02:23 PM

13,566 posts, read 21,676,696 times
When I enter the voting booth and close the curtain..It is my vote given to me and protected by those who love this country and the freedoms it stands for..My vote is very important to me..I do not vote for a person because of their religious beliefs..That is between him and God, same as my beliefs are..When I pull the handle to complete the vote I know that the months that I have listened to all the candidates opinions and plans for this country that I am making a choice based on what's best for the country, not if their religious beliefs are same as mine...
Since you want to know, I am an independant voter (also christian/believer) and this year I am voting for the Democrat for president, because I think he and his running mate have the skills to heal the wounds of the past eight years

Old 09-28-2008, 03:20 PM

11,918 posts, read 14,117,550 times
I am for Obama because I believe that he is the best candidate. Hopefully, we will be able to make some positive changes if he and his running mate are elected. I attended the rally he had in Greensboro, N.C. yesterday and it was inspiring to see all of the young people especially. Too bad I didn't get to see them though, only heard them speak! God bless.

Old 09-28-2008, 03:30 PM

424 posts, read 1,029,786 times
Jesus was anti-war and pro-charity, like the Democrats. I have NO idea why so many Christian leaders end up backing Republicans. I realize the Republican party portrays itself as anti-abortion, but they ruled the house, the senate, the presidency and the Supreme Court a few years ago, and yet, abortion is still legal. They're playing a smoke-and-mirrors game!

Old 09-28-2008, 06:25 PM

261 posts, read 1,399,607 times
I think its because Republicans portray themselves as being more conservative whereas Democrats are more free-willed. I could be wrong but that I think that is the general perception.
However, each candidate is different.

Old 09-28-2008, 07:06 PM

26,456 posts, read 62,701,214 times
It is because democrats cater to liberal extremists who are generally anti-christian; and because Democrats tend to support abortion, elimination of christian symbol or words from government, etc.

Old 09-28-2008, 08:34 PM

1,461 posts, read 3,277,848 times
I am anti-abortion(very pro-life) and Obama is pro-abortion and as a believer I could not vote for someone who stands against what I feel the Bible says. God creates that life from conception and is precious. It has never made sense to me that you can hit a car with a pregnant women and be charged for two deaths and yet that women can kill that baby and that's all right....so strange

Old 09-28-2008, 08:40 PM

353 posts, read 789,173 times
If anyone is pro-life does that only count for babies or does it count for the rest of humanity as well?

That's something I never understood- hate abortion, love war? Or is it convenient to forget that war kills people too? Because from where I am sitting both candidates have their shortcomings if you want to vote strictly on morals.

Old 09-28-2008, 08:50 PM
NCN

21,135 posts, read 21,833,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutral View Post
If anyone is pro-life does that only count for babies or does it count for the rest of humanity as well?

That's something I never understood- hate abortion, love war? Or is it convenient to forget that war kills people too? Because from where I am sitting both candidates have their shortcomings if you want to vote strictly on morals.

A baby is a totally innocent person. We are at war with a country that used to send bombs our way. I am not talking about the twin towers. I am talking about Desert storm. I will not defend this war, but there is a distinct difference between going to war with a threatening country and a mother murdering her child.

I don't like war. Just for the record, I did not vote for Bush because I feared that he would start this war we are in right now. If this war is not completed in an orderly way, the innocent people of Iraq will suffer greatly. But we are already there and it needs to be finished right. Talking about the fact it should never have been started solves nothing. We are there.

I think abortion is worse than war and thousands of babies are killed in this country every year. The blood of those children is on our hands because we are allowing it to happen. Obama wants to make sure the Roe vs Wade is not reversed as it should be. Some want to take away the right of a medical person from refusing to take part in an abortion. No one should be forced to take part in an abortion or lose their job and no woman should have a right to choose to do away with her baby just because she does not want one. Many people would love to adopt a child.

I voted for Huckabee in the primary and I will vote for McCain/Palin in the main election. Everybody has to decide this on their own. I wish we would all choose to ask for a write-in ballot. I think we could do better than either candidate.

Last edited by NCN; 09-28-2008 at 09:13 PM..

Old 09-28-2008, 10:05 PM

2,765 posts, read 6,500,775 times
Vote for who you feel is the best person for the job, whether you are Christian or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or