Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 08:12 AM

9,732 posts, read 4,061,457 times

Advertisements

I do lots of study and prayer, but my favorite way of building my relationship with Jesus is to find a beautiful love song and imagine He is standing right in front of me and sing it to Him. Do you have any favorite ways you'd like to share?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 08:18 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,175,293 times
Each episode of life I go through, He is the leader of each scenario.

At work - He is my manager.

At home - well, he's the best carpenter, cleaner, architec

Marriage - He's the standard by which every husband should pattern themselves

Sports - "Love thy enemy"

During periods of joy, He laughs with me; times of dryness, He's the river in the desert.

He's everything to me.

Old 10-06-2008, 09:17 AM

53 posts, read 332,001 times
I enjoy looking into nature and enjoying it's peacefulness and how beautiful it is. The silence and nature remind me HE made everything around me and it makes me feel so blessed. It is a good time to pray in nature too.

Old 10-07-2008, 09:00 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,751,839 times
Default The Faithful and Faithfulness of God

To my faithfulness to my father in heaven and a relationship with Jesus Christ

Psalms 31: 23 O love the LORD, all ye his saints: for the LORD preserveth the faithful, and plentifully rewardeth the proud doer.
Psalms 89:37 It shall be established for ever as the moon, and as a faithful witness in heaven. Selah.
Psalms 101:6 Mine eyes shall be upon the faithful of the land, that they may dwell with me: he that walketh in a perfect way, he shall serve me.
Psalms 119: 86, 90 All thy commandments are faithful: they persecute me wrongfully; help thou me. 90 Thy faithfulness is unto all generations: thou hast established the earth, and it abideth.

Last edited by TheWordIsOne; 10-07-2008 at 09:02 PM.. Reason: to many letters

Old 10-08-2008, 11:42 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,503,797 times
I build my relationship with Jesus by trying the best I can to imitate His love for others, His compassion for the poor, the sick, the non believers, His forgiveness of those who hurt me, His closeness to the Father..and by making Him my best friend whom I can rely on to always be nearby for me

Old 10-08-2008, 03:30 PM

I am sorry I did not intrduce my self I call my self papo, but I am know as TheWordIsOne because we are in one Spirit, yes I like to. Hello and greetings to you,I am a new member. I like studying about the Bible, I could not help but to read your story, yes there are many problems with Christians. We just need a little help from our Father in heaven. His said about people that or poor in spirit. Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

Matt. 5:3-11 (KJV) when I read these verses it help me to know that God loves us. Sincerely TheWordIsOne

Last edited by TheWordIsOne; 10-08-2008 at 03:34 PM.. Reason: Adjusting letters

Old 10-08-2008, 05:44 PM

9,732 posts, read 4,061,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWordIsOne View Post
I am sorry I did not intrduce my self I call my self papo, but I am know as TheWordIsOne because we are in one Spirit, yes I like to. Hello and greetings to you,I am a new member. I like studying about the Bible, I could not help but to read your story, yes there are many problems with Christians. We just need a little help from our Father in heaven. His said about people that or poor in spirit. Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

Matt. 5:3-11 (KJV) when I read these verses it help me to know that God loves us. Sincerely TheWordIsOne

Thank you for sharing, and welcome to the forum

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. ROMANS 15:13

Old 10-08-2008, 07:32 PM

1,461 posts, read 3,651,676 times
I try to spend time in the word and pray on and off during the day.
My outlet in life is riding my Honda Helix. I really use that for my quiet time and I talk to God and have a praise time. I thank him for his wonderful creation, how diverse the animal kingdom is, how amazing that the crops grow from seeds, how neat it is that the sunrise and sunset are different every day. Sometimes I sing....that way no one can hear

Old 10-09-2008, 05:13 PM

Default A Prayer. the mercies of God.

Thank you for sharing, and welcome to the forum

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. ROMANS 15:13

Hello and greetings to you.
I thank you very much for your warm greeting. Some time ago I was thinking how I could pray to Christ's so I read it the Psalm of Bible, I fell compassion. So I went through the Psalm and began to put some versus together and made a prayer about Gods mercy. I like to give you and share this for you and your friends I hope that you feel compassion as I did when I wrote them. I see your words and your compassion for nature thats is cool.
if it seeking too much please let me know it's just a person that God shaped me into. Peace
Sincerely TheWordIsOne

Psalm 118:1-5 and 28-29 O Give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good; because his mercy endureth for ever. Let Israel now say, that his mercy endureth for ever. Let the house of Aaron now say, that his mercy endureth for ever. Let them now that fear the LORD say, that his mercy endureth for ever. I called upon the LORD in distress; the LORD answered me, and set me in a large place. Thou art my God, and I will praise thee; thou art my God, I will exalt thee. O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever.
I will sing of the mercies of the LORD for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations.
Psalm 89:1 Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy loving kindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
Psalm 51:1 Let thy mercies come also unto me, O LORD, even thy salvation, according to thy word
Psalm 119:41 Let thy tender mercies come unto me, that I may live: for thy law is my delight.
Psalm 119:77 Great are thy tender mercies, O LORD: quicken me according to thy judgments.
Psalm 119:156 To the LORD our God belong mercies and forgiveness, though we have rebelled against him.
Daniel 9:9 O my God, incline thine ear and hear; open thine eyes, and behold our desolations, and the city which is called by thy name; for we do not present our supplications before thee for our righteousness, but for thy great mercies.
Daniel 9:18 Evening and morning and at noon, will I pray and cry aloud; and he shall hear my voice.
Psalm 55:17 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace, to help in time of need.
Hebrews 4:16 Return O LORD, deliver my soul; oh save me for thy mercies’ sake.
Psalm 6:4 Make thy face to shine upon thy servant; save me for thy mercies’ sake.
Psalm 31:16 Arise for our help, and redeem us for thy mercies’ sake.
Psalm 44:26 They are new every morning; great is thy faithfulness.
Lamentations 3:23 But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him and his righteousness unto children’s children.
Psalms 103:17 And his mercy is on them that fear him from generation to generation.
Luke 1:50 But as for me, I will walk in mine integrity; redeem me, and be merciful unto me.
Psalm 26:11 He is ever merciful, and lendeth; and his seed is blessed.
Psalm 37:26 I said, LORD be merciful unto me; heal my soul; for I have sinned against thee.
Psalm 41:4 Against thee, thee only, have I sinned and done this evil in thy sight; that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.
Psalm 51:4 Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy loving kindness; according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions, wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
Psalm 51:1-2 For I acknowledge my transgressions and my sin is ever before me.
Psalm 51:3 Behold, I was shaped in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
Psalm 51:5 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
Psalm 51:11 Deliver me from blood guiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation; and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.
Psalm 51:14 Be merciful unto me, O God, for man would swallow me up; he fighting daily oppresseth me.
Psalms 56:1 Be merciful unto me O God, be merciful unto me; for my soul trusteth in thee; yea in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast.
Psalms 57:1 Be merciful unto me, O LORD, for I cry unto thee daily
Psalm 86:3 The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy.
Psalm 103:8 Gracious is the LORD, and righteous; yea our God is merciful
Psalm 116:5 Let I pray thee, thy merciful kindness be for my comfort, according to thy word unto thy servant.
Psalm 119:76 Look thou upon me, and be merciful unto me, as thou usest to do unto those that love thy name.
Psalm 119:132) The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, thou will not despise.
Psalm 51:17 If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the spirit, if any bowels and mercies.
Philippians 2:1 Blessed be God, even the father of our LORD Jesus Christ, the father of mercies, and the God of all comfort.
II Corinthians 1:3 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will hardened.
Romans 9:18 and 9:15 Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD. Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart. They also do no iniquity; they walk in his ways. Thou hast commanded us to keep thy precepts diligently. O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes. Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all thy commandments. I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous judgments. I will keep thy statutes; O forsake me not utterly. Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed thereto according to thy word. With my whole heart have I sought thee; O let me not wander from thy commandments. Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Blessed art thou, O LORD; teach me thy statutes. With my lips have I declared all the judgments of thy mouth? I have rejoiced in the way of thy testimonies, as much as in all riches. I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways. I will delight myself in thy statutes; I will not forget thy word. Deal bountifully with thy servant, that I may live, and keep thy word. Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law. I am a stranger in the earth; hide not thy commandments from me. My soul breaketh for the longing that it hath unto thy judgments at all times. Thou hast rebuked the proud that are cursed, which do err from thy commandments. Remove from me reproach and contempt; for I have kept thy testimonies. Princes also did sit and speak against me; but thy servant did meditate in thy statutes. Thy testimonies also are my delight and my counselors.
Read (Psalm 119:1-24)
In Jesus Christ name I pray.

Last edited by TheWordIsOne; 10-09-2008 at 05:27 PM.. Reason: Adjusting letters

Old 02-02-2009, 04:13 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,302,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandgirl View Post
I do lots of study and prayer, but my favorite way of building my relationship with Jesus is to find a beautiful love song and imagine He is standing right in front of me and sing it to Him. Do you have any favorite ways you'd like to share?
Well, as I'm worshipping God, I imagine him sitting on his throne and me knelling down at his feet worshipping him. Also, God said that he is our Father, so I also like to imagine times when I am lonely or hurt, and I just sit on God's lap and just lay in His arms. I do that when I am meditating. Jesus is so worthy of our praise, and I often think of my self when meditating walking with him, talking with him, singing to him, holding his hand, worshipping him. There are so many ways that I imagine. But the best part of it is, the feeling that I get, and hearing his voice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity