U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 06:20 PM

3,978 posts, read 7,480,209 times

Advertisements

This thread is really shocking! I had no idea that so many religious groups that call themselves 'christians' do not believe that there is such a thing as sin! Even scarier is that they couldn't care less! May God have mercy on us all....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2008, 06:25 PM

25,165 posts, read 47,415,898 times
I believe the main and only sins were listed in the 10 commandments - the first time God tried to correct man kind.

Jesus came along and people misinterpreted what he said about homosexuals and confused them with rapists and sodomites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
This thread is really shocking! I had no idea that so many religious groups that call themselves 'christians' do not believe that there is such a thing as sin! Even scarier is that they couldn't care less! May God have mercy on us all....

Last edited by artsyguy; 10-09-2008 at 06:38 PM..

Old 10-09-2008, 06:35 PM

27,236 posts, read 40,372,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
There's sin...but if we believe, we are saved. It is not our place to judge others.

"Judge not, lest ye be judged."

"vengeance is mine, saith the Lord"

Old 10-09-2008, 06:50 PM

8,989 posts, read 12,468,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
And each one of them were openly pro gay? Stating that homosex was not a sin? No need to repent, God says its okay?

godspeed,

freedom
gg

Old 10-09-2008, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I believe the main and only sins were listed in the 10 commandments - the first time God tried to correct man kind.

Jesus came along and people misinterpreted what he said about homosexuals and confused them with rapists and sodomites.
Really???? what chapter and verse was that. Oh I know! It was Matthew Chap 6 verses.......banrabrabbababa. good verse!

Old 10-09-2008, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
There's sin...but if we believe, we are saved. It is not our place to judge others.

"Judge not, lest ye be judged."

"vengeance is mine, saith the Lord"
I think you need a book on hermeutics. It's amazing how Christians pick up the same line the world does and how the world drops an important part of that verse.

Judge not, lest ye be judged hypocritically. It's about being a hypocrite when you judge because you can judge, Jesus said so except you can't judge hypocritically.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:59 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,264,208 times
Default To OP only ...

Quote:
What would YOU do? How would the people you know at your church react? Imagine what would happen to the homosexual at your church?

Would you see a lot of the cold shoulder and evil eye? Would people pretend the person was non-existent? Would people want to lecture and pray away the gayness? Spread malicious gossip? Do people take Jesus's word and stone the homosexual for his sins?

Or would they be smiled at and welcomed? Treated like any other?

Discuss amongst yourselves....
I didn't read any replies. I just saw this OP and had to respond ...

At my church they'd be welcomed with open arms and with warmth and sincerity. However that does not mean that their behavior would be looked over or accepted. They are welcome and accepted as one of God's creations, but their behavior is not. And they would be informed of this. There's no beating around the bush, but it's done with kindness, respect and most of all love.

In fact, there are two members (not just attendees) of the church who formerly identified themselves as homosexual. They have since renounced that lifestyle and turned their lives over to Christ. There is one wife of a member who is currently struggling with this issue, and we're here for support, but recognize it is her struggle. We love her the same as any other and make this clear to her.

Old 10-09-2008, 07:03 PM

It sounds like for the most part Christians are "loving" and having "open arms" yet will lovingly try to force the person to change their homosexual behaviors because homosexual behaviors are from Satan and are evil deeds....did I validate correctly?

Old 10-09-2008, 07:05 PM

Quote:
It sounds like for the most part Christians are "loving" and having "open arms" yet will lovingly try to force the person to change their homosexual behaviors because homosexual behaviors are from Satan and are evil deeds....did I validate correctly?
No one forces anything, that is between you and God. Sin is sin. It's called the Ten Commandments and we are all guilty of it.

It doesn't matter if someone is a practicing homosexual or a member who is cheating on their wife.

Old 10-09-2008, 07:06 PM

The Ten Commandments didn't say anything about homosexuals being evil servants of Satan now did it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed Liberal View Post
No one forces anything, that is between you and God. Sin is sin. It's called the Ten Commandments and we are all guilty of it.

It doesn't matter if someone is a homosexual or a member who is cheating on their wife.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or