U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-13-2008, 12:01 PM
 
Location: Right where I want to be.
4,507 posts, read 8,008,762 times
Reputation: 3332

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
WWJD? I am quite sure he would say "stop putting profit over the health and welfare of my people." He would tell his followers to make sure "the least of these" have health care, housing and food. Jesus didnt minister to the wealthy. he ministered to "the least of these." Yes i know that i will pay more taxes no matter who is elected. But Obama is FAR more likely to take care of "the least of these" with those taxes. Obama does have things that dont please me. I detest abortion. But it should remain legal to keep it out of the back alleys. It does appear at times that Republicans only care about issues of the wallet. Thier wallet. Never mind the poor, the sick and the homeless.
Are you suggesting that the federal government, led by BO, should take on the role of fulfilling the works of Christ?

BTW...Christ ministered to anyone who would listen, there were no income restrictions.

He also said that YOU should care for the least of these, not that you should vote for people who make sure it is done. There is big a difference. What is stopping you from paying more now, either in taxes or to charity if you feel you have money to spare and that someone else has more need of it? Why wait for BO to raise your taxes...write the check today!!

You are wrong about Republicans caring only for their wallets. Conservatives are much more generous with donating time and money to charity along with paying their fair share of the tax burden.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-13-2008, 04:12 PM
 
Location: Somewhere in the middle
600 posts, read 1,152,272 times
Reputation: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Ahh who am I kidding..

Obama's birth certificate:

1. PolitiFact | Obama's birth certificate: Final chapter

"There is not one shred of evidence to disprove PolitiFactís conclusion that the candidateís name is Barack Hussein Obama, or to support allegations that the birth certificate he released isnít authentic."

2. Barack Obama's birth certificate revealed here | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

3. FactCheck.org: Born in the U.S.A. (I know you don't like factcheck.org but since I proved you wrong earlier I thought you might like it)

4. snopes.com: Barack Obama Birth Certificate (Even snopes says you are wrong)

Anything else? Any Barack Obama kicks kittens type of stories you wish to throw out there?

Why hasn't Obama produced a "vault" copy of his birth certificate? Back in the early 60's when he was born, a person's birth certificate was filled out by hand and included a lot more information than the birth certificate that has been shown on the sites you mention. I was born in 1960 and along with all of the pertinent information about me (date & time of birth, weight ect.) it also shows my parent's names (my mother's maiden name) ages, where my parents were born, their address, the name of the doctor, the name of the hospital, ...heck, it even says what my dad did for a living. And it was signed by the doctor that delivered me. Obama's certificate shows none of that detailed information. If he had a "vault" copy he could show it and that would be the end of the discussion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2008, 04:22 PM
 
4,439 posts, read 8,193,028 times
Reputation: 1468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb in VA View Post
Why hasn't Obama produced a "vault" copy of his birth certificate? Back in the early 60's when he was born, a person's birth certificate was filled out by hand and included a lot more information than the birth certificate that has been shown on the sites you mention. I was born in 1960 and along with all of the pertinent information about me (date & time of birth, weight ect.) it also shows my parent's names (my mother's maiden name) ages, where my parents were born, their address, the name of the doctor, the name of the hospital, ...heck, it even says what my dad did for a living. And it was signed by the doctor that delivered me. Obama's certificate shows none of that detailed information. If he had a "vault" copy he could show it and that would be the end of the discussion.
Deb.. were you born in Hawaii? Are you intricately knowlegeable about Hawaii birth certificates? If not, I provided some links that give you more information.

Birth Certificates are NOT federal documents so there is not a standard format; however, they do have to contain the following in order to prove citizenship:

1. Full name
2. Full name of parent(s)
3. Date and place of birth
4. Date the birth record was filed
5. A Seal

Why is this such a hard concept to grasp?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2008, 06:57 AM
 
Location: Somewhere in the middle
600 posts, read 1,152,272 times
Reputation: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Deb.. were you born in Hawaii? Are you intricately knowlegeable about Hawaii birth certificates? If not, I provided some links that give you more information.

Birth Certificates are NOT federal documents so there is not a standard format; however, they do have to contain the following in order to prove citizenship:

1. Full name
2. Full name of parent(s)
3. Date and place of birth
4. Date the birth record was filed
5. A Seal

Why is this such a hard concept to grasp?
No, I was not born in Hawaii. My point is, the birth certificate that has been shown as Obama's birth certificate is not a copy of the original certificate. It is something that has been printed on a computer as a certification of his birth. The original birth record would have either been filled out by hand or type written.....like this... http://snarkybytes.com/wp-content/up...icate-1963.jpg

This is a certified copy of an actual birth record from Hawaii for a person who was born in 1963. Notice all of the detailed information about the parents and the signatures of the attending physician, ect. This is the kind of certificate I'm referring to. If Obama has a copy of the original certificate, why hasn't he released it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2008, 07:56 AM
 
4,439 posts, read 8,193,028 times
Reputation: 1468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb in VA View Post
If Obama has a copy of the original certificate, why hasn't he released it?
If he said he didn't have it you wouldn't believe him anyway.

I don't have my original birth certificate. I have a copy. My parents lost mine. We moved a bunch when I was young.

Honestly even making this an issue is so ridiculous its beyond me. Its like you think the State of Hawaii is now in on some big cover up or something. Astonishing.

Meanwhile the economy is in ruins (don't let the 900 pt increase in the DOW confuse you. Dead cats bounce at least once). We have lost our moral fiber internationally over the last 8 years. Instead of a beacon of hope shiningling like a million candles... we are now more like a cheap Target night light. We've become a service economy that doesn't produce anything. We are on the edge of an energy crisis (yes price of oil goes down.. its tied to a rising dollar).

Through all of this.. McCain supporters are worried about a fake cover up that doesn't exist involving Obama, Hawaii, Illinois, and the Federal Government.

It makes sense though. Considering that the VP choice on the Republican side has aligned herself with "Black Helicopter" types .. you know.. the guys that bury guns in plastic and store cans of food waiting for Armegeddon. The republicans have chosen fear mongering. They've chosen "he's got a funny name.. he isn't one of us". They appeal to the ignorance of this country which is perfectly fine in politics. I would just hope however that someone would actually have the cajones on the right to say "yep..thats exactly what we're done cause we can't win otherwise".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2008, 08:31 AM
 
7,780 posts, read 13,475,961 times
Reputation: 3452
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
I'm beginning to get a real good idea of what the "base" is of the Republican party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Your brothers and sisters in Christ, right?
Not mine.
Whoa Whoa Whoa.....seriously?

So you're saying either my stance on this or your stance on this makes one of us not a Christian?

You vote left, I vote right and suddenly you're not a brother in Christ of mine?

Which one of us isn't saved anymore?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2008, 09:05 AM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,694,814 times
Reputation: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
If he said he didn't have it you wouldn't believe him anyway.

I don't have my original birth certificate. I have a copy. My parents lost mine. We moved a bunch when I was young.

Honestly even making this an issue is so ridiculous its beyond me. Its like you think the State of Hawaii is now in on some big cover up or something. Astonishing.

Meanwhile the economy is in ruins (don't let the 900 pt increase in the DOW confuse you. Dead cats bounce at least once). We have lost our moral fiber internationally over the last 8 years. Instead of a beacon of hope shiningling like a million candles... we are now more like a cheap Target night light. We've become a service economy that doesn't produce anything. We are on the edge of an energy crisis (yes price of oil goes down.. its tied to a rising dollar).

Through all of this.. McCain supporters are worried about a fake cover up that doesn't exist involving Obama, Hawaii, Illinois, and the Federal Government.

It makes sense though. Considering that the VP choice on the Republican side has aligned herself with "Black Helicopter" types .. you know.. the guys that bury guns in plastic and store cans of food waiting for Armegeddon. The republicans have chosen fear mongering. They've chosen "he's got a funny name.. he isn't one of us". They appeal to the ignorance of this country which is perfectly fine in politics. I would just hope however that someone would actually have the cajones on the right to say "yep..thats exactly what we're done cause we can't win otherwise".
So sad Christians get so caught up in the devil's system when there are REAL battles going on out there. A battle for men's souls. Ever ask yourself maybe the economy is bad because God is trying to get your and our attention? if so then it doesn't matter who is in office. The economy will get worse.

Absoloutely sad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2008, 09:33 AM
 
4,439 posts, read 8,193,028 times
Reputation: 1468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
So you're saying either my stance on this or your stance on this makes one of us not a Christian?
Are you one of the people in the video? Better yet do you support what they say? Do you believe rape victims should die?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
You vote left, I vote right and suddenly you're not a brother in Christ of mine?
Did I say that? A bit of an overstatment don't you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Which one of us isn't saved anymore?
If I follow your flawed process that fear mongering and throat slashing are Christian attributes then I'd have to say I'm not saved anymore. I can't speak to your salvation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2008, 09:36 AM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,694,814 times
Reputation: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Are you one of the people in the video? Better yet do you support what they say? Do you believe rape victims should die?



Did I say that? A bit of an overstatment don't you think?



If I follow your flawed process that fear mongering and throat slashing are Christian attributes then I'd have to say I'm not saved anymore. I can't speak to your salvation.
That's a stretch. If I support a man who believes in murdering babies. What does that say about me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2008, 09:37 AM
 
7,780 posts, read 13,475,961 times
Reputation: 3452
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Are you one of the people in the video? Better yet do you support what they say? Do you believe rape victims should die?



Did I say that? A bit of an overstatment don't you think?



If I follow your flawed process that fear mongering and throat slashing are Christian attributes then I'd have to say I'm not saved anymore. I can't speak to your salvation.
Ummmm.....

hmmmmm.....

You said the base of the Republican party, if Christian, weren't your brothers and sisters in Christ.

I'm part of the Republican party base (but I'm not in any youtube videos yet).

Why is the word "Christian" in your thread title in quotes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:29 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top