U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 09:30 PM

4 posts, read 4,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
By loving our neighbor as Christ has commanded us, feeding and clothing them is providing for their needs not their wants. I may want a new car but I don't need one. By feeding and clothing, you are being Christlike and that in itself may bring your lost friend to Jesus.

Oh, please! I am not confused! The government is taking away rights to women by not giving us a choice over our own body. I am not for abortion! I just feel there may be medical complications that may cause a women to want to have that choice.

I am new at this, but I agree, I think most christians are afraid of Obama's being a closet muslim and women will have no rights at all. as someone said earlier, you can't regulate morality. we should have the right to choose. I dont like burkahs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2008, 04:47 AM

38,439 posts, read 18,196,909 times
I thnk it is because many so called christians have given up their theology in favor of a political ideology and in support of that ideology they are willing to abandon the tenents of Jesus' teachings. They fill their hearts with judgement and hate and wrap themselves in slogans and nationalism to justify torture, genocide, and their wealth and privledge. They fear that they might lose their privledged position, and so they support candidates who play to their lowest common denominator...of division, bigotry, enviornmental rape, war and other non-Christlike behavior.

IMHO John McCain and Sarah Palin played into those fears and managed to make them seem like virtues and worthy of preserving. Obama said he would address the needs of "the least of these" and would attempt to address the need to feed, clothe and heal and provide shelter....through democratic govenance.......he's lucky those so called christians didnt crucify him; but to our countries credit....he won by a landslide!

Old 11-29-2008, 08:25 PM

50 posts, read 80,050 times
You voted democrat, thats your opinion but do not call yourself a christian. No christian should support abortion for any reason. Why do you think a lot of churches are saying repent? And if you actually read and follow the bible then you would know you will not reap the rewards here but in Heaven? You will go threw a lot of trials and tribulations and as long as you keep to his word then you will be ok and if not well you know the rest, on your judgement day he will say ''Why did you not support my sheep? over your money in the back of your pocket?

Old 11-29-2008, 09:00 PM

11,918 posts, read 13,821,515 times
Quote:
You voted democrat, thats your opinion but do not call yourself a christian.
Please, people who voted democrats are not necessarily pro abortion, if that is what you are saying. Take care and God bless.

Old 11-29-2008, 09:22 PM

978 posts, read 924,337 times
Default Abortion, abortion, abortion, abortion!

John McCain was very likely to appoint Conservative Judges to The Courts; Obama is extremely likely to appoint Progressive Judges to The Courts. Conservatives support Traditional Values (like not murdering babies) and Progressives don't.

Old 11-29-2008, 10:48 PM

4,439 posts, read 8,063,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Boyardee View Post
John McCain was very likely to appoint Conservative Judges to The Courts; Obama is extremely likely to appoint Progressive Judges to The Courts. Conservatives support Traditional Values (like not murdering babies) and Progressives don't.
So abortion trumps any other issue at hand?

Hypothetical for you:

Situation - The country is at 12% unemployment (not far fetched in the future) and its a presidential election year. The market is in the dumps and we are facing stagflation.

Candidate 1: Candidate 1 is pro choice. He has the proven experience to pull a state economy out of the rubble and make it prosperous. Everyone knows his policies will work at a federal level.

Candidate 2: Candidate 2 is pro life. He does not have any proven experience from an economic standpoint.

Who do you vote for?

Again.. its just a hypothetical. No reading between the lines required. I'm simply asking if you would vote for the person who would help millions get jobs.. or would you vote for the person who wouldn't help millions get jobs but might appoint conservative judges.

Old 11-29-2008, 10:54 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,086,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
Hmmm..you're right

I guess 85% would be a better number

Amazing that you think that issues mean nothing to people. Then how does Obama win with such a minority of blacks in this country. Noiw does a white attract any black voters. That maybe your standard but not really many peoples IMO.I woulod say that many voters are in fact turned off by the two parties basic platforms tho in any election.That is the reason so many vote straight tickets and not for the person.

Old 12-01-2008, 07:09 PM

978 posts, read 924,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post

Hypothetical for you:

Situation - The country is at 12% unemployment (not far fetched in the future) and its a presidential election year. The market is in the dumps and we are facing stagflation.

Candidate 1: Candidate 1 is pro choice. He has the proven experience to pull a state economy out of the rubble and make it prosperous. Everyone knows his policies will work at a federal level.

Candidate 2: Candidate 2 is pro life. He does not have any proven experience from an economic standpoint.

Who do you vote for?

Again.. its just a hypothetical. No reading between the lines required. I'm simply asking if you would vote for the person who would help millions get jobs.. or would you vote for the person who wouldn't help millions get jobs but might appoint conservative judges.
I did read your opening post. So, I know you think Obama offers something better for our economy, than we got from President Bush. I think that is incorrect. However, I'll go along with your hypothetical scenario, where I have to choose between a President that promises to relieve high unemployment and expand the slaughter of approximately one million children per year in The U.S.A and approximately 46 million per year Globally, versus a candidate who promises to try to stop the slaughter of innocent children at home and abroad, but who lacks experience in relieving high unemployment. O.k., I don't think that is even a little bit hard

YouTube - ABORTION: The Silent Scream Part 1 2 3 4 5 COMPLETE VERSION Pro-life Anti-Abortion Video

Old 12-01-2008, 07:20 PM

5,137 posts, read 15,101,195 times
for Christians....sin that sends you to hell trumps all economic gains

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post

Hypothetical for you:

Who do you vote for?

Old 01-13-2010, 08:00 PM

50 posts, read 80,050 times
So you would rather have a few extra bucks and kill a whole bunch of children, in which I do not see any extra money with a democrat? No I live in a house we work for!!! And I have always worked for and all I see is a deficit that topped twelve trillion? TAX AND SPEND TAX AND SPEND.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or