Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 08:11 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,069,634 times

Advertisements

I'm actually interested in this as I think its fascinating.

What are the reasons?

I'll state why I think its fascinating then promise not to try to post in the thread. I don't want this thread viewed as me trying to get into arguement.

Why its fascinating to me:

1. From my POV it seems that in the middle of one of the greatest financial crisis (whats the plural of crisis?) the right wing seems more concerned with abortion. That fascinates me.

2. From my POV it seems that in the middle of one of the greatest financial crisis (whats the plural of crisis?) the right wing seems more concerned with homosexuality. That fascinates me.

3. Obama is proposing that 95% of the population gets a tax cut. I don't make over $250K so I look at that as a good thing. The fact that others don't see it that way.. fascinates me.

4. Is it foriegn policy? I ask because even if you think Obama isn't "qualified" he at least chose a VP that has years of foriegn policy experience. You can't really say the same about McCain.

5. Is it Veterans affairs? I non partisian report was released just today that gives McCain a D (as in Doh) in Veterans affairs. Obama got a B.

6. Is it healthcare? McCain doesn't think its a right. Tell that to any hospital administrator that has an ER room. Its already a right.

All these things fascinate me. What is it then? Is it the Bill Ayers thing? Is that what tips the scales?

Alright... I'm stepping away. I'm going to try to stay away from the thread and just read it (unless someone directly asks me a question). I just really want to know. Maybe I'm missing something..

Thanks in advance to anyone that posts..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 08:50 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,886,977 times
1 & 2 - Neither of those issues has been on my radar or an issue in any debate since Rick Warren did his deal a few weeks back. Not sure what right-wing folks you're keeping tabs on, but it isn't mainstreamers.

3. Couple of thoughts there. First, small business, no...all business....is going to suffer under Obama. Second, how either of these clowns can say our taxes are going to decrease while we have full disclosure we're paying for the $700 billion bailout is beyond me. We are all going to have higher taxes to pay for the irresponsibilities of vast numbers of folks.

4. You're right, we can't say the same about McCain....McCain is qualified.

5. Haven't seen that but I know of the veterans I know, not one would vote for Obama. But I live in my own little world.....

6. Obama answered that question from the perspective of the individual...it's a right. McCain answered the question from the perspective of Commander in Chief...it's a responsibility. I'm surprised you didn't pick up on that, bigthirsty.

Quoting John McCain:

Quote:
I think it’s a responsibility, in this respect, in that we should have available and affordable health care to every American citizen, to every family member. And with the plan that — that I have, that will do that.
Now, I must tell you that I know more than one professing Christian (no quotes around that) who plan on voting for Obama. I really don't understand how it's justified, but that's the beauty of a free country.......

"Cuz I want too" is a legitimate answer.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:28 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,460,247 times
Obama will tell us anything we want to hear.

However, there is one issue that is a deal breaker for me, and that is abortion, of which Obama supports and McCain does not.

To me, it isn't the quantity of issues I disagree with, it is the quality of issues. And that one particular issue is held near and dear to my heart.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:43 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,860,778 times
BAM'S PLANS FOR TAX CUTS DON'T ADD UP - New York Post

Enough said!

Old 10-08-2008, 10:22 PM

8 posts, read 31,538 times
I have to throw my two cents in here regardless of how it is received. The thing I find funny about Christian voters, is that they seem to always be concerned about abortion and homosexuality as Bigthirsty said. But, they them selves harbor all kinds of sin and disobedience to God's word. All the while they fail to realize that political leaders are all driven by the god of this world (Satan) and are moving us to a one world government as fast as they can. The Bible say's this very clearly however, God's people are too busy worrying about their wallets and anybodies sin except for their own. That is why Jesus said, " Come out of her my people and be not partakers of her sins". Just a thought!

Old 10-08-2008, 10:31 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,230,296 times
I'm a Christian and I'm voting Obama. Job security, taxes and foreign policy come into play. While there are family issues to address, our would economy is at stake.

Old 10-09-2008, 05:01 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,886,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
I'm a Christian and I'm voting Obama. Job security, taxes and foreign policy come into play. While there are family issues to address, our would economy is at stake.
So the money's more important then.

Ok, got it.

Old 10-09-2008, 05:05 AM

6,712 posts, read 13,459,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post

5. Haven't seen that but I know of the veterans I know, not one would vote for Obama. But I live in my own little world.....
Ahem... *cough* *cough*... Ahem... *cough*

Stupid cigarettes...

Old 10-09-2008, 06:48 AM

2,540 posts, read 6,230,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
So the money's more important then.

Ok, got it.
No, it's not all about money. It's about not voting for a man who is incompetent when it comes to the economy. What makes you so certain McCain is a Christian?

Old 10-09-2008, 06:58 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
You should correct that, Liberal Christians like Obama.

If you are a Christian and you put the improvement your 401k plan before thousands of innocent babies being murdered everyday in this country then from my perspective I would have to question you salvation. sorry but true

As Christians we should ask ourselves what Jesus would do and would God approve of abortion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity