Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 08:55 AM

692 posts, read 1,732,110 times

Advertisements

"Maybe you should look at the grades of Planned Parenthood for both candidates.
I am sorry but what in the world does the military or veterans affairs have anything to do with Christianity?"

Maybe it shows that McCain is a liar when he talks about his support for vets. His actions are different than his words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2008, 08:56 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,886,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed Liberal View Post
Maybe you should look at the grades of Planned Parenthood for both candidates.

I am sorry but what in the world does the military or veterans affairs have anything to do with Christianity?

(p.s. Those votes come with other issues attached to them- like bringing troops home, in which McCain would never vote for. Those votes have "catches" to them)
For Christians, every issue is an issue. Surely you know some Christian vets? Surely you know that whether Christian or not, we should be taking excellent care of our veterans.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:56 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liliblu View Post
"Maybe you should look at the grades of Planned Parenthood for both candidates.
I am sorry but what in the world does the military or veterans affairs have anything to do with Christianity?"

Maybe it shows that McCain is a liar when he talks about his support for vets. His actions are different than his words.
(p.s. Most if not ALL votes come with other issues attached to them- like bringing troops home, in which McCain would never vote for. Those votes have "catches" to them)

Your fooling yourself as a Christian, if you use that poor excuse for voting for Obama. They are politicians. THEY BOTH LIE!

Old 10-09-2008, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
For Christians, every issue is an issue. Surely you know some Christian vets? Surely you know that whether Christian or not, we should be taking excellent care of our veterans.
We should FOLLOW THE WORD OF GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! first and foremost.

We are to go into the world tell people of the gospel, instead of waisting time looking at veteran affairs.

I am sorry but we Christians get to consumed in worldly affairs. That's why people are dieing everyday going to hell.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:04 AM

If you want to start examing associates, is it okay that McCain has appeared on G. Gordon Liddy's radio program? Liddy calls McCain a friend. I guess if your a republican no one examines your associates and friends. Even if the friend is a convicted felon.

"At CRP, Liddy concocted several plots, some far-fetched, intended to embarrass the Democratic opposition. These included firebombing the Brookings Institution in Washington, D.C. (where classified documents leaked by Daniel Ellsberg were being stored), kidnapping anti-war protest organizers and transporting them to Mexico during the Republican National Convention (which at the time was planned for San Diego), and luring mid-level Democratic campaign officials to a house boat in Baltimore where they would be secretly photographed in compromising positions with call girls. Most of Liddy's ideas were rejected, but a few were given the go ahead by Nixon Administration officials, including the break-in at Daniel Ellsberg's psychiatrist's office. Ellsberg had leaked the Pentagon Papers to the New York Times.

At some point, Liddy was instructed to break into the Democratic National Committee offices in the Watergate Hotel[citation needed].

For his role in Watergate, which he coordinated with Hunt, Liddy was convicted of conspiracy, burglary and illegal wiretapping, and received a 20-year sentence. He served a total of five and half years in prison, including over 100 days in solitary confinement,"
G. Gordon Liddy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-09-2008, 09:07 AM

My heart as a Christian grieves!! I can just see Paul looking at the political issues of Rome

Old 10-09-2008, 09:07 AM

Liddy is not McCain's only shaddy contact, by the way. If we want to start digging into who the candidates know, it will get ugly.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:08 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,069,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
6. Obama answered that question from the perspective of the individual...it's a right. McCain answered the question from the perspective of Commander in Chief...it's a responsibility. I'm surprised you didn't pick up on that, bigthirsty.
More clairification and followup since this was kinda directed at me:

Tom Brokaw put the question to each candidate, "Is health care in America a privilege, a right, or a responsibility?"

McCain: "I think it's a responsibility, in this respect, in that we should have available and affordable health care to every American citizen, to every family member,"

Obama: "Well, I think it should be a right for every American."

I guess I didn't understand that McCains answer was from the perspective of "Commander in Chief" since he didn't state it as such.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:11 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,886,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed Liberal View Post
We should FOLLOW THE WORD OF GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! first and foremost.
I agree and the Word tells us to love our neighbor as ourselves. Do you not believe Christ would have us care of our neighbors and take care of those around us? Well, that's a part of what Veteran Affairs is supposed to do.

Listen, I'm not saying make Veteran Affairs the ONLY reason you vote for someone but Christ is all and in all....including veteran affairs.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:11 AM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,019,105 times
I'm not sure if it matters who is or is not Christian...or Muslim or Pastafarian...the fact is that you cannot regulate morality. One can pass all the laws in the world regarding how people behave but when all is said and done, morality is a personal issue and cannot be controlled by the government. It's been tried for thousands of years and it just won't happen...so voter's need to pay attention to other issues and put the Christianity and morality things behind them for the election.

BTW, I am voting for McCain...but not due to any religious beliefs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity