Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2008, 11:05 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,070,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
No. I don't care to elaborate or debate.
Fair enough. Just seems weird to post.. and then not want to communicate.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2008, 11:09 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,885,092 times
Here's one good reason:

YouTube - I Invented the Internet (Ep. 4: Kill and Destroy)

Old 10-11-2008, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
A communist philosophy never fixed any economic problem
You mean like the one John McCain proposed during the debate where the government buys mortgages at a discounted price. That kind of philosophy?

Quote:
They make it worse. You can count on that.
I agree. Electing McCain president will make it worse.

Quote:
You can count on vastly increased taxes, unless you're a welfare recipient.
Nice thing about our current economic crisis.. no matter what the candidates say.. taxes will have to be raised. $700B doesn't just come from thin air. There are ramifications.

Quote:
A foreign policy that will mirror Jimmy Carter's politics of surrender.
Who did we surrender to under Carter? I don't remember that war..

Quote:
Finally, loss of most freedoms you take for granted.
What freedoms would those be?

Old 10-11-2008, 11:15 PM

702 posts, read 1,006,356 times
Very important! Obama says he went to church here twice a month for 20 years . . . Wright is Godfather to Obama's kid(s?) . . .

YouTube - The shocking video Barack Obama does not want you to see!! 1:05 min.

Endure the beginning of the following because it has many clips of Obama's own words you probably haven't seen. Remember, what he'll enforce . . .

YouTube - Barack Obama on Jesus, Christianity, Abortion & Gay Marriage 9:55 min. Obama on Jesus, Christianity, abortion, and gay marriage

Not so certifiable; but, highly probable. The co-Pastor at Wrights church supposed to have been with Obama was murdered . . .

YouTube - Barack Obama Gay Sex Scandal New Evidence 7:25 min.

Anything like this with McCain/Palin?

Old 10-11-2008, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMRohde View Post
Very important! Obama says he went to church here twice a month for 20 years . . . Wright is Godfather to Obama's kid(s?) . . .

YouTube - The shocking video Barack Obama does not want you to see!! 1:05 min.

Endure the beginning of the following because it has many clips of Obama's own words you probably haven't seen. Remember, what he'll enforce . . .

YouTube - Barack Obama on Jesus, Christianity, Abortion & Gay Marriage 9:55 min. Obama on Jesus, Christianity, abortion, and gay marriage

Not so certifiable; but, highly probable. The co-Pastor at Wrights church supposed to have been with Obama was murdered . . .

YouTube - Barack Obama Gay Sex Scandal New Evidence 7:25 min.

Anything like this with McCain/Palin?
Actually yes. McCain/Palin are inciting hatred and anger .. .right now.

McCain's attacks fuel dangerous hatred -- baltimoresun.com

Old 10-11-2008, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
I noticed the producer of the video was from www.nohussein.com

classy.. very classy.

FactCheck.org: Obama and 'Infanticide'

lets see what else is classy..

YouTube - McCain supporters in Bethlehem, PA

weird how the right wing is against "killing babies" but doesn't mind giving the "throat cut" action 43 seconds into the video..

stay classy republicans.

I'm beginning to get a real good idea of what the "base" is of the Republican party.

Old 10-11-2008, 11:47 PM

702 posts, read 1,006,356 times

YouTube - Obama hates the bible, God, & Jesus not just America 8:16 min. Obama Hates the Bible

Old 10-12-2008, 05:02 AM

14,882 posts, read 17,160,264 times
Hi, would you say that McCain hates the Bible, hates God, hates Jesus, hates America because you disagreed with maybe some of his interpretations, understandings, viewpoints on the scriptures? Would you say that many of the Christians here on this forum hate the Bible, hate God, hate Jesus, hate America because we may not all agree on some things as Christians?

Put Away Falsehood: A Service of the Matthew 25 Network (http://www.matthew25.org/paf/index.htm - broken link)

A Community of Christians Who Support Obama (http://matthew25.org/?gclid=COy22_7DoZYCFQS7sgodegeX6A - broken link)

YouTube - Welcome from Douglas Kmiec

Frank Schaeffer: Why I'm Pro-life and Pro-Obama

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 10-12-2008 at 05:26 AM..

Old 10-12-2008, 06:30 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,063,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozart271 View Post
How can you think the Republican party represents Christianity the best, when first of all, Jesus's views were very liberal (turn the other cheek, give away worldly goods, love your brother as yourself, etc)?

Here is an excerpt from my post earlier in this thread:

The Right-wing has hit on the effective strategy over the past 10 or 15 years of sneaking false stereotypes into the common national dialogue. For example, "elite liberal" to make you think liberals are all latte-sipping, Volvo-driving snots, while conservatives are the "real" people, the heart of America, blah blah blah. This is the BIG LIE they have managed to get people to believe and reinforce in their own minds.

You and other Christians who have the misimpression that Christianity is not a "liberal" philosophy are dead wrong. You have been brainwashed by the Republican propaganda machine. There is nothing wrong with real fiscal conservatism, but that has little to do with the Bush administration's policies. And the current campaign run by McCain has become the most underhanded, nasty, lying, hate-mongering smear campaign in history. Christian, really Christian.
The difference is that the ideals promoted by Christianity were not meant for governments but for individuals. Where does '(you) give away (your) worldly goods' translate to 'governments should raise taxes and redistribute wealth by force'? '(You) Feed the poor' does not mean governments should take from one man and give it to another. We are to do that based on our own convictions, not by force of a third party....government. Do you see a difference between personal responsibility and government authority?

As I tried to point out earlier, a government mandate does not fulfill or equal our Christian duty. I think this is why religious conservatives are more generous in giving to and working for charities. We see it as our personal responsibility although taxes are already collected. Liberals see that taxes are collected (i.e. Joe Biden) and that their duty is complete. Liberals think government is the solution, I think people are the solution and I think that is what Christ taught as well. It may be 'liberal' thinking, but it is 'conservative' in application, if you want to try to define it in current political terms.

So, while some teachings of Christ may be 'liberal' in their direction, they are not liberal as defined by our current political party agendas. Christ did not come to force charity, make laws or establish government programs.

Oh, and don't forget some of the other Biblical teachings about being content, if you don't work you don't eat, not coveting, not wanting for the things of the world....these are all contradicted by the current politically liberal 'fairness doctrine' that seeks to separate and define us by a list of possessions or according to wealth. It is the politically liberal way of 'legislating morality'. It isn't Christ-like any more so than the attempts by the right to do the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
So after 115 posts or so..

Is it safe to say that most Christians vote Republican because of the Abortion issue?
You shouldn't be drawing conclusions about 'most' Christians from the responses you receive in this thread, or any other on CD.

Last edited by NCyank; 10-12-2008 at 07:12 AM..

Old 10-12-2008, 07:09 AM

14,882 posts, read 17,160,264 times
Quote:
Actually yes. McCain/Palin are inciting hatred and anger .. .right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXs_u...eature=related

From McCain

McCain Tries To Tame Flames He Earlier Fanned

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 10-12-2008 at 08:02 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity