Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2008, 10:11 AM

5,137 posts, read 16,587,007 times

Advertisements

One other thing..

If neither Democrats OR Republicans talked about or were affiliated with anything that is against the bible, then I would still vote for McCain.

Watch the first season of the Apprentice with Donald Trump.

One guy had a bachelors with years of experience
The other guy had a Masters from Harvard.

Who did Trump choose? The one with experience.

If someone was applying for an entry level job with a degree then that would be understandable. If they're applying for the top job with no experience, then that's going to be hard to come by.

Who trains the CEO?
Who trains the President of the United States?

There is NO TRAINING for these jobs, and you MUST have experience.

The CEO shouldnt be going to someone for answers...HE/SHE has to be the one giving answers.

You will always hear what the entry level guys saying....If I was the CEO...I would be doing this differently and that.

If you think someone who has no experience will change this country, then you're really hoping for a miracle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2008, 10:33 AM

14,880 posts, read 17,153,412 times
Quote:
Where does it say in the Bible (or the Constitution for that matter) that governments should be used to fulfill the 'works' of Christianity...even if they are good works?
OT scriptures record how God worked through Joseph to meet the needs of the people in his governmental position. I believe that the principle is still the same. The role of the government can be to govern and help meet the needs of the people.
Quote:

..I believe he is the best person for the job and if something should happen that he is unable to fulfill his term I believe that Sen. Biden is an excellent choice..And I thank you for your time

Me too

God bless.

Old 10-12-2008, 10:36 AM

and yet Daniel or Joseph never subjected to the things of this world.

Daniel didn't eat the meat because it was sacrificed to idols.
It wasn't the fact that he wasn't allowed to eat meat..it was that they always offered the meat to idols.

It's not the fact that we can't vote or 'help others'...it's the fact that it becomes tainted when it's involved with immorality or things of this world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
OT scriptures record how God worked through Joseph to meet the needs of the people in his governmental position. I believe that the principle is still the same. The role of the government can be to govern and help meet the needs of the people. God bless.

Old 10-12-2008, 10:41 AM

Quote:

It wasn't the fact that he wasn't allowed to eat meat..it was that they always offered the meat to idols.

It's not the fact that we can't vote or 'help others'...it's the fact that it becomes tainted when it's involved with immorality or things of this world.

And? God used Joseph to meet the needs of the people. Where does using government to meet the needs of the people necessarily mean that someone is being involved in immortality, eating things sacrificed to idols, subjected to the things of this world, or elevating the things of the world above God? I for one am thankful for the governmental programs that were in existence when I was a little child that help to put food on our table when my mother was out of work and in the process of looking for work.

http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Essential-Role-of-Government&id=1284780 (broken link)

Quote:
And I thank you for your time
I like that blue..feeling kind of happy today It's a beautiful day here in G'boro, N.C!

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 10-12-2008 at 10:59 AM..

Old 10-12-2008, 10:48 AM

God didn't command us to use the government for us to fulfill our duties.

When I was hungry YOU didn't feed me
When I was naked YOU didnt clothed me

I would like to see anyone state
But Lord I entrusted the government to do this with my vote.

God calls YOU to do these things.
Voting for Obama/McCain has NOTHING to do with helping others.
The FIRST commandment is to love GOD.

Like I wrote earlier....Jesus didn't preach about the economy.
He preached about what is right from wrong, and how WE need to help others. Cursed any man who puts his trust in another man. Your job to help others isn't fulfilled in 'voting', and neither does it start there.

Whats the point of clothing a person...feeding him...providing for him, and supporting the abominations of God?
The will of God is that none should perish and all should come to repentance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
And? God used Joseph to meet the needs of the people. Where does using government to meet the needs of the people necessarily mean that someone is being involved in immortality or elevating the things of the world above God? God bless.

Old 10-12-2008, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Whats the point of clothing a person...feeding him...providing for him, and supporting the abominations of God?
I don't believe that clothing a person, feeding him, providing help to him supports the abominations of God.

Quote:
The will of God is that none should perish and all should come to repentance.
Yes, and to love Him with all our hearts, and love our neighbors as ourselves.

Quote:
God calls YOU to do these things.
Voting for Obama/McCain has NOTHING to do with helping others
Yes, He does and yes it does to me. Evidently you have a different opinion. Thanks for sharing your opinion. I hope that you respect mine.

Quote:
God used Joseph to meet the needs of the people.
God bless you.

Old 10-12-2008, 11:41 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,883,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
I noticed the producer of the video was from www.nohussein.com

classy.. very classy.

FactCheck.org: Obama and 'Infanticide'

lets see what else is classy..

YouTube - McCain supporters in Bethlehem, PA

weird how the right wing is against "killing babies" but doesn't mind giving the "throat cut" action 43 seconds into the video..

stay classy republicans.

I'm beginning to get a real good idea of what the "base" is of the Republican party.

It doesn't matter what "factcheck", or anybody else says....killing babies is killing babies is killing babies. Obama's voting record is public record...you can't sugar-coat it after the fact...there is no way you can justify the killing of live-born aborted babies....

FYI, I'm not a "classy" republican, or any other kind of Republican...I'm a registered Independent...

Bud

Old 10-12-2008, 11:58 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,886,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
I'm beginning to get a real good idea of what the "base" is of the Republican party.
Your brothers and sisters in Christ, right?

Old 10-12-2008, 01:14 PM

5,903 posts, read 3,793,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post

Amen to that, renriq. You're right on target. I don't care to get involved with political discussions, but you are DEFINITELY speaking for me.

Quote:
If you think someone who has no experience will change this country, then you're really hoping for a miracle.
And another amen.

Old 10-12-2008, 01:23 PM

Quote:

Northsouth, what about faith in God who is able to perform all miracles? I am not looking for Obama to change this country. He is just a vessel, a servant, I believe. But I believe that he is the better candidate and will do a better job as president, imho. God bless.

How Good Are Experienced Presidents? (http://www.electoral-vote.com/evp2008/Info/experience.html - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity