U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 10:48 AM

17,752 posts, read 15,063,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
I guess I would have to believe what Jesus said to the Samaritan woman at the well. The Samaritan woman spoke about some holy mountain where her people worshipped and then mentioned Jews regard Jerusalem as sacred and holy. Then Jesus gave the perfect answer.

John 4:20,21,24
[20] "Our fathers worshipped on this mountain, but you Jews claim that the place where we must worship is in Jerusalem."
[21] "Jesus declared, "Believe me, woman, a time is coming when you will worship the Father niether in this mountain nor Jersusalem."
[24] "God is spirit and his worshippers must worship in spirit and truth."

Unfortunately people are hung up on physical temples, shrines, holy cities, idols, crosses, Mary's image in the dew of a spider's web, whatever. Most completely miss the point of worshipping in spirit and truth. The Jews were hung up on ceremony and rituals and completely missed the point of obedience to God's Laws and standards. Most Christians are the same today. It's their own conduct and actions that should give testimony to true worship. Most people today are turned off to the idea of worshipping any kind of God. They see no difference between a non-believer and those who claim to believe in God.

Hi bluepacific,

Great comment.

Hebrews 12
22But (AR)you have come to Mount Zion and to (AS)the city of (AT)the living God, (AU)the heavenly Jerusalem, and to (AV)myriads of angels,

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2010, 04:00 PM

11 posts, read 16,351 times
One thing i never understood, American christains often support Israel blindly, but he who denies Jesus as the Son, that is the Spirit of Antichrist, Israel as a nation then is a nation of antichrist spirit they deny Jesus, unless my logic is thoroughly flawed? Often the antichrist scripture is always used to condemn Muslims but it applies to Israel aswell and jews if you look at it honestly and plainly as it is.

Great now ill have some leary Mossad dudes hunting me down, well at least it will make for some interesting gang stalking

Old 11-24-2010, 09:58 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,226,865 times
Jews are still God's chosen ppl,and no they are not perfect;God is going to refine them though.But a covenant is a covenant,and God didn't lie when He made the promises to Abraham.Those still hold true,that all who bless Israel will be blessed,and all who curse it will render the same,and through Israel,all will be blessed.
I think we are blessed here in the usa bc we DID support Israel (however that is changing).

I stand with Israel!

Old 11-29-2010, 03:06 PM

17,752 posts, read 15,063,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
Jews are still God's chosen ppl,and no they are not perfect;God is going to refine them though.But a covenant is a covenant,and God didn't lie when He made the promises to Abraham.Those still hold true,that all who bless Israel will be blessed,and all who curse it will render the same,and through Israel,all will be blessed.
I think we are blessed here in the usa bc we DID support Israel (however that is changing).

I stand with Israel!
Hi SC122,

Wow, bumped up from way back. I am always eager for disagreement, however, I am always disappointed when the points are not addressed. Israel may or may not be one thing or another, but how, according to Deuteronomy, can nonbelievers be gathered; and, why are believers gathered in Paul's day not Israel when he specifically says that that is all the Israel there is? Jesus said the same that not all are of Abraham.

You have no way to fit those verses into your belief. According to the Law, God only gathers those that turn from their error. Anything else is not biblical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or