Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 10:37 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,518,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
So thankful Paul didn't condemn like that.
Your kidding me right, Paul?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2008, 10:38 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,648,661 times
I am really not getting what you are implying.

But, for the record, I am not Paul, and the Holy Spirit works in me as He has destined it in me.

I am a person, a sinner, who is nothing without Jesus. He works thru me, and if you somehow have a doubt of this, that is for you. I am merely doing as I feel the Father is leading me.

I let my voice speak out when it is necessary, and on things that I feel are wrong within my power such as a recent thread I started. I do believe Christians are a silent majority in allowing things to get to the point they have, but this does not mean that I believe we should just do whatever we want to get things back to a Christian base.

The one who shouts the loudest does not always win! What we must do is put it before God and have Him work thru us for the good. In my case, that is what I am doing. Is it wrong? Only God knows, and if I feel I am doing what He asks of me, then there is nothing else I can do unless I do it from the flesh.

I have to answer to God for how I live my life, not to man. If I am convicted in how I am living it, which I am, then I see no problem. Believe me, when I do something that is not what God hsa for me, He lets me know, big time.

Old 10-10-2008, 10:42 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,437,987 times
INHO, if your life, your attitude and your person shows the love of Christ, you are a witness for Him..Many times actions speak more powerful than words..Some people are more likely to be drawn to the warmth and security of a quiet glow from a light light than to a voice in the dark. Some are more likely to seek the source of the light than the source of the voice..If someone asks me where my strength comes from, I will simply and honestly tell them..IMO, I have witnessed..

Old 10-10-2008, 10:44 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,518,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
I am really not getting what you are implying.

But, for the record, I am not Paul, and the Holy Spirit works in me as He has destined it in me.

I am a person, a sinner, who is nothing without Jesus. He works thru me, and if you somehow have a doubt of this, that is for you. I am merely doing as I feel the Father is leading me.

I let my voice speak out when it is necessary, and on things that I feel are wrong within my power such as a recent thread I started. I do believe Christians are a silent majority in allowing things to get to the point they have, but this does not mean that I believe we should just do whatever we want to get things back to a Christian base.

The one who shouts the loudest does not always win! What we must do is put it before God and have Him work thru us for the good. In my case, that is what I am doing. Is it wrong? Only God knows, and if I feel I am doing what He asks of me, then there is nothing else I can do unless I do it from the flesh.

I have to answer to God for how I live my life, not to man. If I am convicted in how I am living it, which I am, then I see no problem. Believe me, when I do something that is not what God hsa for me, He lets me know, big time.
If you are waiting for God to tell you to do something, then why don't you do it and wait for Him to to tell you to stop doing it.

Old 10-10-2008, 11:02 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,648,661 times
With all due respect, you don't know me, you don't know what I do and what I do not do.

You are interjecting Your opinions onto how I live my Christian life, and if you read the Bible, then you will realize, dear sir, that judging me is wrong.

I am completely confident that I am doing what God has asked me to do, and will continue to do so without having to justify myself to man with any of it.

subject is closed.....I have enough trouble with the log in my own eye to go around telling others about the log in theirs.

have a blessed day.

Old 10-10-2008, 11:49 AM

5,878 posts, read 3,755,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
With all due respect, you don't know me, you don't know what I do and what I do not do.

You are interjecting Your opinions onto how I live my Christian life, and if you read the Bible, then you will realize, dear sir, that judging me is wrong.

I am completely confident that I am doing what God has asked me to do, and will continue to do so without having to justify myself to man with any of it.

subject is closed.....I have enough trouble with the log in my own eye to go around telling others about the log in theirs.

have a blessed day.
It's obvious aiangel that you're doing something right---look at your number of posts as opposed to your rep pts. That "speaks" volumes. It's clear that no one agrees with the Op from all of the posts, except one person. Like Alpha said, make disciples=witnessing?? No, no, no. Witnessing comes in many many forms, and the least effective is the one being discussed.

Old 10-10-2008, 11:57 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,564,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
. Witnessing comes in many many forms, and the least effective is the one being discussed.
The early apostles/disciples didnt feel it was the least effective. They preached publicly and 'from house to house' and when they were instructed to stop talking about Christ, they said 'we cannot stop talking about the things we have seen and heard.'

Shouldnt we follow their example?

Old 10-10-2008, 12:12 PM

5,878 posts, read 3,755,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenavada View Post
The early apostles/disciples didnt feel it was the least effective. They preached publicly and 'from house to house' and when they were instructed to stop talking about Christ, they said 'we cannot stop talking about the things we have seen and heard.'

Someone else already addressed this in another post. Of course they preached publicly and from house to house, it was new and no one had heard it before. There were no microphones, tv, telephones, cars, internet or any other modern conveniences to spread the gospel---it was the only way to do it!! Today it's too dangerous to do it, for one thing, and it always in my experience turns people off.

Let me ask you a question---have you been successful in converting anyone at all by door to door preaching? How many times have you had a door slammed in your face or someone curse at you? Is that really effective?

Old 10-10-2008, 12:24 PM

2,255 posts, read 5,385,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenavada View Post

There is no doubt that original Christianity taught the early christians to preach from House to House. Many mnisters will acknowledge this. However they will also tell you that if they taught such things in their churches , people would leave in droves. It's not what they want to hear. Most people believe it's the minister or missionary's job to go out in that kind of work. However what they ignore, is that every single Christian has that responsibility, not just a religious hierarchy.

Looking at the conduct of many claiming to be Christian, there is obviously a need for the preaching or teaching work to be accomplished. We've got two World Wars where 100s of millions paticipated in killing their fellow Christian, so apparently there is a need. We've got 10s of millions today who dable into politics and don't understand what being no part of the world is all about. So again there appears to be a need for proper teaching of what a Christian should conduct themselves and needs to do to be pleasing to God, because they are not being taught those Christain values and principles in the present existing Churches.

It's a sad waste really.

Old 10-10-2008, 12:28 PM

2,255 posts, read 5,385,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
Let me ask you a question---have you been successful in converting anyone at all by door to door preaching? How many times have you had a door slammed in your face or someone curse at you? Is that really effective?
Did you know that Jesus at the beginning of his 3+ year ministry spent 6 month down in Judea and nothing was recorded about it ????? Apparently he had no success at the beginning, but the message got out there. Understand one thing, Jesus was never out for World Conversion. Much of the work he did was also a warning messaging of things to come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity