U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-22-2008, 09:36 PM
juj
 
Location: Too far from MSG
1,657 posts, read 2,284,966 times
Reputation: 330

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
Not even secret decoder rings?
Only for those that read the Bible with a Magic 8 Ball like some of these folks do.

"Is rapture true?" ......shake, shake, .....Reply hazy, try again....."Huh?"
"Is rapture true?" ......shake, shake, .....My sources say no........"Darn thing! It ain't working."
"Is rapture true?" ......shake, shake, .....Outlook not so good......"PIECE OF $#l^!!!"
"Is rapture true?" ......shake, shake, .....Yes - definitely............."See, I knew it was true!!!".

http://www.mattelgamefinder.com/demos.asp?demo=mb (broken link)

Last edited by juj; 11-22-2008 at 10:28 PM..

 
Old 11-22-2008, 09:50 PM
 
Location: Out of Florida........
4,309 posts, read 5,454,066 times
Reputation: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
And what happens when you are driving down the street with your cruise control on when you are whisked away? I suppose a responsible christian as yourself does not use cruise control, I would hate to think what would happen to a poor pregnant Catholic woman crossing the street with her young children or do you consider that collateral damage? do you figure being Catholic she had it coming to her?
The lips of the wise disperse knowledge,
But the heart of a fool does not do so.

A scoffer does not love one who reproves him,
Nor will he go to the wise.

Pass it on.
 
Old 11-22-2008, 10:06 PM
juj
 
Location: Too far from MSG
1,657 posts, read 2,284,966 times
Reputation: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
The lips of the wise disperse knowledge,
But the heart of a fool does not do so.

A scoffer does not love one who reproves him,
Nor will he go to the wise.

Pass it on.
Betsey, I am sure you are a very nice person. I would be glad to know you, but you must remember that a fool also is a person who will believe anything told to them.

Apparently, being left behind is a good thing. Please read the following since you probably didn't click on my link:

From the website: Two-Minute Apologetics

Question: A friend of mine has been reading the 'Left Behind' books that have all of this stuff about the 'Rapture' in them...is there really going to be a 'Rapture' like these books talk about?
Answer: No, there's not. The "Rapture" refers to a passage in First Thessalonians, chapter 4, which talks about Christians being "caught up" in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. Many Christians believe, and the "Left Behind" books promote, that this being "caught up" to meet the Lord will occur before the Great Tribulation which is headed our way in the near future. Christians will simply vanish, meet Jesus somewhere in the air, and then return with Him to Heaven to await the end of time
But notice, in verse 17, Paul says that "...we who are alive, who are left," shall be caught up. Remember that...those who are "left" get caught up to meet the Lord.
The "Left Behind" books get their name from a passage in Luke 17 and a similar passage in Matthew 24 which talk about the coming of the Lord being like the days of Noah and the days of Lot. Matthew 24 puts it this way: "As were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of man...they ate, they drank, they married and they did not know until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of man. Then two men will be in the field, one is taken and one is left. Two women grinding at the mill, one is taken one is left."
"See," Rapture enthusiasts say, "One is taken, one is left...the Rapture! Jesus takes the Christians and leaves behind non-Christians!" Two problems with that interpretation: First, Jesus' coming is being compared to the days of Noah and the days of Lot. After the flood, who was left? Noah and his family...the good guys...the bad guys were taken! After Sodom and Gomorrah went up in smoke, who was left? Lot and his daughters...the good guys...the bad guys were taken! Second, remember 1 Thessalonians? It says that those who are "left" get to meet Jesus in the air. The good guys are left behind to meet Jesus.
In other words, you want to be left behind so that you can get caught up in the clouds to meet Jesus in the air and accompany Him back to earth at His 2nd and final coming. There will be no Rapture like the one the Left Behind books talk about...that view is not scriptural.

The Catholic position is that rapture is false.

Last edited by juj; 11-22-2008 at 10:32 PM..
 
Old 11-22-2008, 10:47 PM
 
Location: Out of Florida........
4,309 posts, read 5,454,066 times
Reputation: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
Betsey, I am sure you are a very nice person. I would be glad to know you, but you must remember that a fool also is a person who will believe anything told to them.

Apparently, being left behind is a good thing. Please read the following since you probably didn't click on my link:

From the website: Two-Minute Apologetics

Question: A friend of mine has been reading the 'Left Behind' books that have all of this stuff about the 'Rapture' in them...is there really going to be a 'Rapture' like these books talk about?
Answer: No, there's not. The "Rapture" refers to a passage in First Thessalonians, chapter 4, which talks about Christians being "caught up" in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. Many Christians believe, and the "Left Behind" books promote, that this being "caught up" to meet the Lord will occur before the Great Tribulation which is headed our way in the near future. Christians will simply vanish, meet Jesus somewhere in the air, and then return with Him to Heaven to await the end of time
But notice, in verse 17, Paul says that "...we who are alive, who are left," shall be caught up. Remember that...those who are "left" get caught up to meet the Lord.
The "Left Behind" books get their name from a passage in Luke 17 and a similar passage in Matthew 24 which talk about the coming of the Lord being like the days of Noah and the days of Lot. Matthew 24 puts it this way: "As were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of man...they ate, they drank, they married and they did not know until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of man. Then two men will be in the field, one is taken and one is left. Two women grinding at the mill, one is taken one is left."
"See," Rapture enthusiasts say, "One is taken, one is left...the Rapture! Jesus takes the Christians and leaves behind non-Christians!" Two problems with that interpretation: First, Jesus' coming is being compared to the days of Noah and the days of Lot. After the flood, who was left? Noah and his family...the good guys...the bad guys were taken! After Sodom and Gomorrah went up in smoke, who was left? Lot and his daughters...the good guys...the bad guys were taken! Second, remember 1 Thessalonians? It says that those who are "left" get to meet Jesus in the air. The good guys are left behind to meet Jesus.
In other words, you want to be left behind so that you can get caught up in the clouds to meet Jesus in the air and accompany Him back to earth at His 2nd and final coming. There will be no Rapture like the one the Left Behind books talk about...that view is not scriptural.
Really? And to think I had it wrong all these years. NOT! Look, you said you would be glad to know me, nice to meet you too. Okay so we met, now to know me is to know Jesus. Come and meet my friend Jesus. To know Jesus is to know truth. If He said it, I believe it, that's good enough for me! Ready to meet Him? He can clear this all up for you. Come meet my friend call Jesus.
 
Old 11-22-2008, 10:50 PM
juj
 
Location: Too far from MSG
1,657 posts, read 2,284,966 times
Reputation: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Really? And to think I had it wrong all these years. NOT! Look, you said you would be glad to know me, nice to meet you too. Okay so we met, now to know me is to know Jesus. Come and meet my friend Jesus. To know Jesus is to know truth. If He said it, I believe it, that's good enough for me! Ready to meet Him? He can clear this all up for you. Come meet my friend call Jesus.
I met him today, in fact, we became one today at the 5pm Mass.

This is what I mean. If I throw some Bible back at you, you guys will just ignore it. Go off and believe what you want to believe. It is a free country after all. Peace be with you.
 
Old 11-22-2008, 11:11 PM
 
Location: Out of Florida........
4,309 posts, read 5,454,066 times
Reputation: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
I met him today, in fact, we became one today at the 5pm Mass.

This is what I mean. If I throw some Bible back at you, you guys will just ignore it. Go off and believe what you want to believe. It is a free country after all. Peace be with you.
If you want truth, you will have to be receptive to the speaker of the truth.
That's Jesus Christ. His Words, not mines, juj. I'm truly on here to help. But I need you to understand, the Words that I speak are not mines, but that of the Holy Spirit within me. When I said to you come meet my friend Jesus, that's the author and finisher of truth. See, His very nature is truth, they go hand in hand, God cannot lie, that's why I put my complete trust in Him. Total.

I need to know are you a believer in Christ Jesus. Have you put your complete trust in Him? Are you seeking for sound, biblical truths? Did you recently become a believer in Jesus? I ask these question with all sincerity. Believers of the gospel of Jesus Christ knows that the believers are not left behind. The dead in Christ shall rise first, ( like my mom who passed on a few weeks ago) and those of us that remain, believers that are alive and living, true believers will be caught up to meet Him in the air. The unbelievers, my friend, are who remains. You won't want to be left behind. I don't want to be left behind. I want to go with Him the first time around.

However, I believe during the tribulation, many will come to Him. But there will be so much that you will go through. Why not 'guarantee' a passage the first trip out?
 
Old 11-22-2008, 11:37 PM
juj
 
Location: Too far from MSG
1,657 posts, read 2,284,966 times
Reputation: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
If you want truth, you will have to be receptive to the speaker of the truth.
That's Jesus Christ. His Words, not mines, juj. I'm truly on here to help. But I need you to understand, the Words that I speak are not mines, but that of the Holy Spirit within me. When I said to you come meet my friend Jesus, that's the author and finisher of truth. See, His very nature is truth, they go hand in hand, God cannot lie, that's why I put my complete trust in Him. Total.

I need to know are you a believer in Christ Jesus. Have you put your complete trust in Him? Are you seeking for sound, biblical truths? Did you recently become a believer in Jesus? I ask these question with all sincerity. Believers of the gospel of Jesus Christ knows that the believers are not left behind. The dead in Christ shall rise first, ( like my mom who passed on a few weeks ago) and those of us that remain, believers that are alive and living, true believers will be caught up to meet Him in the air. The unbelievers, my friend, are who remains. You won't want to be left behind. I don't want to be left behind. I want to go with Him the first time around.

However, I believe during the tribulation, many will come to Him. But there will be so much that you will go through. Why not 'guarantee' a passage the first trip out?
Do you have more Holy Spirit then the Lutherans? Because they don't believe in Rapture? I doubt the Espiscopals believe in it either. I'd venture to say that a third of all protestantism doesn't believe in rapture and probably more. Do I not have the Holy Spirit working in me?

Since Protestants don't agree on many things, who is right and who is wrong? Who has more Holy Spirit? Do we all have the same Holy Spirit, but some succumb to false teaching because of Satan or weakness? How do we know which one has succumbed?

The answer is the authority to make that judgement has been born from Jesus and handed to the Apostles in 33 A.D. at Pentecost. That authority has been handed down from our and your Apostle and our first Pope, Peter, to all the bishops and priests through throughout the ages (Matthew 16:13-19). No authority, maybe truth, maybe not.

Two thousand years of Authority gives me great comfort that I am being taught truth.

Last edited by juj; 11-23-2008 at 12:05 AM..
 
Old 11-22-2008, 11:43 PM
 
Location: Out of Florida........
4,309 posts, read 5,454,066 times
Reputation: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
Do you have more Holy Spirit then the Lutherans? Because they don't believe in Rapture? I doubt the Espiscopals believe in it either. I'd venture to say that a third of all protestantism doesn't believe in rapture and probably more. Do I not have the Holy Spirit working in me?

Since Protestants don't agree on many things, who is right and who is wrong? Who has more Holy Spirit?
You only need be more concern with what going on inside of you and your walk with Christ Jesus. Do you really care who have more of what, than more of whom? How does knowing any of that glorify Christ Jesus? Forget about the labels friend, do you love Jesus with all your heart and soul? Friend, the rapture is going to happen whether you believe it or not! It is written, It's there in God's Words. It's up to you to believe or not to believe, but the happening of the rapture is not reliant on you or me believing. If God said it, He will do it. Truth. This is why we put our complete trust in Him. He cannot lie. Cannot! You can't say you love God and trust Him for some things and not others. That's being neither hot nor cold. And we know what He's says about being luke-warm. He will spew you out of His mouth right? It's either you believe all of it or none of it.
 
Old 11-22-2008, 11:57 PM
juj
 
Location: Too far from MSG
1,657 posts, read 2,284,966 times
Reputation: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
You only need be more concern with what going on inside of you and your walk with Christ Jesus. Do you really care who have more of what, than more of whom? How does knowing any of that glorify Christ Jesus? Forget about the labels friend, do you love Jesus with all your heart and soul? Friend, the rapture is going to happen whether you believe it or not! It is written, It's there in God's Words. It's up to you to believe or not to believe, but the happening of the rapture is not reliant on you or me believing. If God said it, He will do it. Truth. This is why we put our complete trust in Him. He cannot lie. Cannot! You can't say you love God and trust Him for some things and not others. That's being neither hot nor cold. And we know what He's says about being luke-warm. He will spew you out of His mouth right? It's either you believe all of it or none of it.
Betsey, it is NOT written in God's word. For over 1800 years, rapture didn't EXIST. Did God just want to keep this revelation a secret until the 1830's. It was based on some 14 year old girls dream/vision in the 1830's that some guy built on. It is based on a man's opinion that many a gullible person has bought as truth.

Look, I believe Jesus is in your heart, but I think you are mistaken and clearly nothing you will conjure up can convince me of the truth of rapture since it is NOT biblical. And apparently, nothing I will say will convince you that your position is false. So, have a good long life full of peace and happiness.

Last edited by juj; 11-23-2008 at 12:18 AM..
 
Old 11-23-2008, 12:12 AM
 
Location: Northern Va. from N.J.
4,368 posts, read 4,093,642 times
Reputation: 2652
Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
Betsey, it is NOT written in God's word. For over 1800 years, rapture didn't EXIST. Did God just want to keep this revelation a secret until 1830. It was based on some 14 year old girls dream/vision in the 1830's that some guy built on. It is based on a man's opinion that many a gullible person has bought as truth.

Look, I believe Jesus is in your heart, but I think you are mistaken and clearly nothing you will conjure up can convince me of the truth of rapture since it is NOT biblical. And apparently, nothing I will say will convince you that your position is false. So, have a good long life full of peace and happiness.
From WIKI

John Nelson Darby 1832, at the Powerscourt Conference, an annual meeting of Bible students organized by his friend, the wealthy widow Lady Powerscourt (Theodosia Wingfield Powerscourt). That conference was also where he first described his discovery of the "secret rapture."
rapture = false doctrine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top