Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2008, 05:52 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,583,001 times

Advertisements

To answer your question

Catholics believe that they are the true/superior Church just like any other denomination would believe the same thing about themselves.

If everyone believed that Catholics were then everyone would be Catholic, and there wouldnt be any other denomination.

We both know there are many different denominations, and there are a lot that disagree with the Catholic fundamental message

For example, Latin American Evangelicals do not believe that Catholics are saved due to idolatry.

In the US there are other denominations who believe Catholics are saved but their doctrine is off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
I suppose a claim could also be made for Eastern Orthodoxy, but by all accounts, in RCIA we are taught that even though we should respect the views of our protestant brethren, they are of lesser status in terms of how to be faithful to Jesus. The teaching is that protestant Christians are inferior to Catholics. I myself do not like such a title, 'inferior', but I suppose it makes sense when you think about it. The Catholic Church is the Church as Jesus intended it to be, while the protestant religions have 'watered down' in a sense what it means to be Christian, and have even warped many of the views.

Old 11-20-2008, 06:41 PM

4,437 posts, read 4,864,836 times
Ren did you know that in Maccabee's it said that it was holy and rightous to pray for the dead?
Oh that's right you threw that book of the Bible out, I almost forgot.

Old 11-20-2008, 06:47 PM

I wonder why it was thrown out...

It doesnt 'concur' with what Deut 11 says.

Any person with a decent amount of knowledge will know if the Commandments says Thou shalt not consult with the dead...that it means Thou shalt no consult with the dead.

If someone did it ...it doesnt make it right.

King David committed adultery and murder...is that now the new law? does it make it right because King David did it?

Maccabees was NOT LAW.

In the OT the law books are considered as the first give books of the Bible aka Pentateuch

The NT also teaches that the Oracles of God were given unto to the Jews.
The Jews do not consider it as part of the Torah or Tenak
Even the Early Christians did not consider it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
Ren did you know that in Maccabee's it said that it was holy and righous to pray for the dead?
Oh that's right you threw that book of the Bible out, I almost forgot.

Old 11-20-2008, 06:47 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,568,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
I suppose a claim could also be made for Eastern Orthodoxy, but by all accounts, in RCIA we are taught that even though we should respect the views of our protestant brethren, they are of lesser status in terms of how to be faithful to Jesus. The teaching is that protestant Christians are inferior to Catholics. I myself do not like such a title, 'inferior', but I suppose it makes sense when you think about it. The Catholic Church is the Church as Jesus intended it to be, while the protestant religions have 'watered down' in a sense what it means to be Christian, and have even warped many of the views.
NO!

All Churches, Temples, Mosques, and religious places of worship are the same and the right way.

Old 11-20-2008, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
did you know there was this guy in the bible who was trying to 'buy' the power that the Apostles had when they laid hands on people to receive the Holy Ghost?

Not only is that written in the Bible it's also was with the first Christians.

I guess just because it was 'done' it makes it right according to your post.
Ren you are the one that keeps relying on what the early christians did, I was merely lending you my support

Old 11-20-2008, 06:52 PM

Quote:
I wonder why it was thrown out...

It doesnt 'concur' with what Deut 11 says.

Any person with a decent amount of knowledge will know if the Commandments says Thou shalt not consult with the dead...that it means Thou shalt no consult with the dead.

If someone did it ...it doesnt make it right.

King David committed adultery and murder...is that now the new law? does it make it right because King David did it?

Maccabees was NOT LAW.

In the OT the law books are considered as the first give books of the Bible aka Pentateuch

The NT also teaches that the Oracles of God were given unto to the Jews.
The Jews do not consider it as part of the Torah or Tenak
Even the Early Christians did not consider it
you are mixing apples and oranages, not the same thing

Old 11-20-2008, 06:53 PM

I guess you didn't understand the point.

The point is that just because there's a story doesnt make it right.

Prayer to the Dead is AGAINST God's law.

Adultery is AGAINST God's law.
If King David did it...it doesn't make it right

Quote:
Ren you are the one that keeps relying on what the early christians did, I was merely lending you my support

Old 11-20-2008, 06:54 PM

Sorry you are as the book of Maccabees is NOT LAW

King David committed adultery...just because he did it doesnt make it okay.

Praying to the dead is WRONG, and it's an abomination because it's a form of witchcraft.

Quote:
you are mixing apples and oranages, not the same thing

Old 11-20-2008, 06:56 PM

Quote:
I guess you didn't understand the point.

The point is that just because there's a story doesnt make it right.

Prayer to the Dead is AGAINST God's law.

If King David did it...it doesn't make it right
"Prayer to the Dead is AGAINST God's law.

If King David did it...it doesn't make it right"

So now you are comparing prayers for the dead with ADULTERY?

Old 11-20-2008, 07:01 PM

It is written that God is the God of the living not the dead, we believe in the communion of saints.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity