U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2008, 11:43 AM

5,137 posts, read 15,122,831 times

Advertisements

I agree with the Elizabeth about the hypocrisy of JW's.
JW's have stated that Catholics are not saved and are idolaters.

I love how you paint the 'pretty picture' of how JW's act but anyone who has had any JW in their home will tell you otherwise.

I'm not Catholic but I laugh in how they scorn/mock the Catholics when they're sole belief is based on a Catholic invention.

Every JW that came to my door always preached 'Jehovah' but they don't even know where the name originated from.

JW's tell me that Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob knew God as Jehovah.
I show them the verse in the Bible that states the complete opposite.

Then they say Jehovah was known to Moses, then I show them the verse in which God states His name, and how it should be remembered throughout all generations.

Then they get upset at me for pointing all this out.
They can't refute it but still get mad at me.

That's why I believe that article the Elizabeth posted.
How can someone get mad at God's Truth?
The JW's don't even say that we're twisting the Word as they know we're not. They would just rather condemn/chastise us for not following what they believe in.

One of the MAIN DOCTRINE is the word Jehovah.
It's too bad that they won't even recognize their own heresies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 11:52 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,003,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
I agree with the Elizabeth about the hypocrisy of JW's.
JW's have stated that Catholics are not saved and are idolaters.

I love how you paint the 'pretty picture' of how JW's act but anyone who has had any JW in their home will tell you otherwise.

I'm not Catholic but I laugh in how they scorn/mock the Catholics when they're sole belief is based on a Catholic invention.

Every JW that came to my door always preached 'Jehovah' but they don't even know where the name originated from.

JW's tell me that Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob knew God as Jehovah.
I show them the verse in the Bible that states the complete opposite.

Then they say Jehovah was known to Moses, then I show them the verse in which God states His name, and how it should be remembered throughout all generations.

Then they get upset at me for pointing all this out.
They can't refute it but still get mad at me.

That's why I believe that article the Elizabeth posted.
How can someone get mad at God's Truth?
The JW's don't even say that we're twisting the Word as they know we're not. They would just rather condemn/chastise us for not following what they believe in.

One of the MAIN DOCTRINE is the word Jehovah.
It's too bad that they won't even recognize their own heresies.
Well, thanks for that. But I need to see the printed information that states Catholics are not saved. Idolotry is definitely a large part of their faith and I don't agree with that. But as the link I gave you points out, salvation is Jehovah's to give.

If everyone who had a Jw in their house feels they way you do, we would hardly number 7 million at this time, and continually be growing. I know for a fact that I have entered the homes of many many people who would not agree with you. So that was kind of uncalled for, wasnt it?

You want to believe we don't know the history of the word Jehovah and though I've provided references to prove otherwise, you still maintain this skepticism. So like I said, why don't we let that rest? K? There are alot of religions and people that recognize the name of Jehovah so please, go pick on them.

Oh, and just so's you know. I'm not mad at you. I have refuted it. And you are the most hard-headed individual I've ever spoken to.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:20 PM

Philo a Catholic came up with the name and you know it.

I will now let it rest as you know where it came from, and yet still blindly want to believe in your own heresy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenevada View Post
LOL. Let it rest ,renriq. Jehovah's Witnesses didnt come up w/ the name and you know it.

But, if you are interested, there is a brochure published the WTS that is called 'The Divine Name that Endures Forever'. It has alot of very interesting information in it and also contains tons of reference material for you to research.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Philo a Catholic came up with the name and you know it.

I will now let it rest as you know where it came from, and yet still blindly want to believe in your own heresy.
The reference you used and which leads you to state such a thing is 'fact' does not even state it as fact. Look at it. And even if that were the case, I think if anything that disproves your theory that we hold Catholics in derision.

My mom reminded me yesterday that she regularly calls on a Rabbi in Memphis that considers himself a lifelong student of the Hebrew language and is considered a 'expert' by the orthodox Jewish community in the area. When she calls on him, he uses the name Jehovah and has never one taken issue w/ its accuracy. He has the Tetragrammeton on his door and still uses the name.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:42 PM

One thing I have learned/read that it's okay for JW's to lie to have someone 'converted'. Nice.

There is NO Orthodox Jew that will say Jehovah.

They say Hashem.

I think everyone here can see right through the lies.

Have a good one

Quote:
The reference you used and which leads you to state such a thing is 'fact' does not even state it as fact. Look at it. And even if that were the case, I think if anything that disproves your theory that we hold Catholics in derision.

My mom reminded me yesterday that she regularly calls on a Rabbi in Memphis that considers himself a lifelong student of the Hebrew language and is considered a 'expert' by the orthodox Jewish community in the area. When she calls on him, he uses the name Jehovah and has never one taken issue w/ its accuracy. He has the Tetragrammeton on his door and still uses the name.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:51 PM

Quote:
One thing I have learned/read that it's okay for JW's to lie to have someone 'converted'. Nice.

There is NO Orthodox Jew that will say Jehovah.

They say Hashem.

I think everyone here can see right through the lies.

Have a good one
I may have called you hard-headed, in fun, but I have never attempted to convert you. And I have not lied. I'm truly offended that you would dare to call me a liar or presume to answer for every single orthodox jewish person on earth. I never once claimed to answer for every single person who calls themselves a JW, and I would not venture to put myself in the place of someone who is omnipotent in this respect.

I'm frustrated. I'm a little upset, for the first time since my visits to these boards. You took it too far...and I think you've proven that you can't keep it inpersonal or respectful. Therefore you and I have finished conversing.

Old 10-23-2008, 01:14 PM

I told myself that I would discontinue visiting this thread if it got overly personal or condemnatory towards my beliefs. This is no longer a forum posing a 'question to Jehovah's Witnesses'. It is now a means to insult my ability to think for myself, make accusations, and condescend. I am not here to continually defend the Witnesses, they can easily do that themselves. But I will say that it still amazes me how much opposition exists against this group based on trivial things...the changes that have been made in the way of doing things over the years and their attempts to keep seperate from the world.

It makes me appreciate all the more the 'power beyond what is normal' that God gives his people who try valiantly to obey his commands in spite of outside pressure. It also really makes me feel for the people who tried to do this in times prior to the establishment of the modern day Christian congregation, who felt that the teachings of their respective churches were wrong but didnt know where to go. But as the bible clearly shows, doing what is right is not going to be easy.

'They were stoned, they were tried, they were sawn asunder, they died by slaughter with the sword, they went about in sheepskins, in goatskins, while they were in want, in tribulation, under ill-treatment; 38*and the world was not worthy of them. '-Hebrews 11

Old 10-23-2008, 02:48 PM

307 posts, read 432,609 times
Quote:
I told myself that I would discontinue visiting this thread if it got overly personal or condemnatory towards my beliefs. This is no longer a forum posing a 'question to Jehovah's Witnesses'. It is now a means to insult my ability to think for myself, make accusations, and condescend. I am not here to continually defend the Witnesses, they can easily do that themselves. But I will say that it still amazes me how much opposition exists against this group based on trivial things...the changes that have been made in the way of doing things over the years and their attempts to keep seperate from the world.

It makes me appreciate all the more the 'power beyond what is normal' that God gives his people who try valiantly to obey his commands in spite of outside pressure. It also really makes me feel for the people who tried to do this in times prior to the establishment of the modern day Christian congregation, who felt that the teachings of their respective churches were wrong but didnt know where to go. But as the bible clearly shows, doing what is right is not going to be easy.

'They were stoned, they were tried, they were sawn asunder, they died by slaughter with the sword, they went about in sheepskins, in goatskins, while they were in want, in tribulation, under ill-treatment; 38*and the world was not worthy of them. '-Hebrews 11
Yes, you are quite right, Alicenevada. This has been the fate of many Christians down the centuries.
I attended a Catholic school named after such a martyr. The place where he was hung drawn and quartered has been a little shrine for many years. It is in my locality, and as schoolchildren were taken there to visit the Catholic Christian who died for his Lord. There are many, many others...not all Catholic, just Christians.
And as I have stated previously, there are people languishing in prisons around the world, persecuted too, for their faith.

I am not at all trying to 'convert' you. I am highlighting the fact that JW's suffer no more than anyone else for their faith.

As regards your claim that it shows what a name JW's have made for themselves because their faith is always mentioned during a scandal....well of course it will be mentioned. After all you all go knocking on doors and declaring yourselves 'different' to any other believers. You separate yourselves and are pious (not you personally). No wonder so much is made of your faith when you make so much of it yourselves.

Old 10-23-2008, 04:03 PM

2,560 posts, read 5,059,611 times
Where do you get off saying Catholics practice idolatry?

We have the 10 Commandments too, you know, and they are not the 10 Suggestions..

Catholic Ten Commandments

I am the Lord thy God. Thou shalt not have strange gods before me.

Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.

Remember thou keep the Lord's Day.

Honor thy Father and thy Mother.

Thou shalt not kill.

Thou shalt not commit adultery.

Thou shalt not steal.

Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife.

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's goods.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:01 PM

625 posts, read 1,605,497 times
Quote:
Almost is wrong as it was only the local government trying to overthrow Jesus.

They were just but a HANDFUL of the THOUSANDS that followed Jesus.

The local government were probably 60-70 leaders....which is nothing to compare of the thousands that would follow Jesus and almost every city He went.

Who called for it? The Jewish leaders, Satan, Romans, etc.

Who did God pick to write the New Testament afterwards? the Jews.
Who are the oracles of God given to? the Jews.

The jewish leaders demanded the death of Jesus, the romans had no choice but to carry it out or fear of a jewish uprising. Satan had nothing to do with the crucifixion, in fact he tempted Jesus so that he wouldnt be crucified
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity