U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 01:27 PM

8,989 posts, read 12,468,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeveenh View Post
You're right, JW's, I, and many others not affiliated with JW's do not believe that Jesus IS God. The trinity is debatable, and has been debated to no end on here as to its scriptural soundness. Alice has already provided scriptures here or on another post that explain Michael.

From the scriptures I understand that Christians are to model themselves after Jesus, following in his footsteps. I pray to God through Jesus. I live my life by the standards and principles in the bible. I consider myself a follower of Christ. I will someday be baptised. Doesn't that make me a Christian?
We don't worship the same Jesus, Two distinct different persons. We both can't be Christians
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 01:33 PM

810 posts, read 1,261,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Since when does/did God share glory with anyone else who isn't God?

These scriptures would only make sense if you believe that Jesus is God
I don't see how those scriptures support that Jesus is God.
Well, I guess we disagree again.

Old 10-28-2008, 01:41 PM

5,137 posts, read 15,122,831 times
I didnt write that THOSE Scriptures support that Jesus is God.

I wrote that it would make SENSE to say Jesus is God since God doesnt share glory with NOBODY.

I can cite that verse also if you need

Quote:
I don't see how those scriptures support that Jesus is God.
Well, I guess we disagree again.

Old 10-28-2008, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
We don't worship the same Jesus, Two distinct different persons. We both can't be Christians
So naturally, and conveniently for you, I'm the one who's not.

Although true that I don't "worship" Jesus, I think your statement might make more sense if it read that we don't worship the same God. I worship Jehovah (oh Ren PLEASE don't get all worked up), you worship Jesus.

Old 10-28-2008, 01:56 PM

So are you saying it's wrong to worship Jesus?

Quote:
So naturally, and conveniently for you, I'm the one who's not.

Although true that I don't "worship" Jesus, I think your statement might make more sense if it read that we don't worship the same God. I worship Jehovah (oh Ren PLEASE don't get all worked up), you worship Jesus.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:10 PM

Quote:
So are you saying it's wrong to worship Jesus?
I am saying that because of my study and understanding of the bible I worship Jehovah. Is it wrong to worship Jesus?...hmmmm for me, it would go against my understanding. Will it matter in the end? That's not for me to know or decide.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:12 PM

So is it wrong to worship Jesus for a JW?

Quote:
I am saying that because of my study and understanding of the bible I worship Jehovah. Is it wrong to worship Jesus?...hmmmm for me, it would go against my understanding. Will it matter in the end? That's not for me to know or decide.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:20 PM

Quote:
So is it wrong to worship Jesus for a JW?
I'm pretty sure from our past encounters you're going somewhere with this. I'm not going to go endless rounds with you, Ren. JW's are pretty clear about who they worship...it's in their name after all.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:28 PM

Actually this has nothing to do with Jehovah, but it has to do with JW

But thank you for avoiding the answer.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure from our past encounters you're going somewhere with this. I'm not going to go endless rounds with you, Ren. JW's are pretty clear about who they worship...it's in their name after all.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:38 PM

25,596 posts, read 24,291,863 times
Quote:
Actually this has nothing to do with Jehovah, but it has to do with JW

But thank you for avoiding the answer.
Maybe she's avoiding it because you are "asking" such obviously leading questions, which you believe you already know the answer to.

You're all set for her to say Jesus isn't God so that you can pounce...no?

Don't you think you can sense that?

From what I understand...it is definitely not part of your religion to jeer at someone else's beliefs, to set them up and jump on them. Have some respect! She's answering as best she can. Are you expecting her to be a Biblical scholar?

I wish more Christians (some already do...sweet blue62 comes to mind! And Alpha) would take their own beliefs to heart. I see SUCH uncharitableness when it comes to Christianity's view of anyone different from them. Do you honestly think you're being a good person by acting this way? I mean honestly. This is a hot spot for me because (as you saw in the thread I started) I saw JUST this incredible derision from a supposed friend of the most STUPID thing. But she says she's "Christian"...

Please. You're a Christian? Then act like your definition of one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity