Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 08:53 AM

810 posts, read 1,432,017 times

Advertisements

Since Alicenevada left the discussion, just wondering if there are any Jehovah's Witnesses continuing in this discussion. The title of the thread is 'Question for Jehovahs Witnesses'. Your discussion might misinterpret the beliefs of JW's.
Just a thought
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 08:54 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,497,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeveenh View Post
Since Alicenevada left the discussion, just wondering if there are any Jehovah's Witnesses continuing in this discussion. The title of the thread is 'Question for Jehovahs Witnesses'. Your discussion might misinterpret the beliefs of JW's.
Just a thought
My question is if we don't worship the SAME Jesus. How in the world can Jw(s) think they are Christian?

Old 10-28-2008, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
My question is if we don't worship the SAME Jesus. How in the world can Jw(s) think they are Christian?

When you say 'we don't worship the SAME Jesus', I guess I don't know which Jesus you think JW's worship. Or do you mean that we don't worship Jesus the same way?

I am not yet a baptised JW, but I will try to answer your question to the best of my ability.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:31 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,497,499 times
Quote:
When you say 'we don't worship the SAME Jesus', I guess I don't know which Jesus you think JW's worship. Or do you mean that we don't worship Jesus the same way?

I am not yet a baptised JW, but I will try to answer your question to the best of my ability.
Well I believe Jesus to be the Son of God and God himself yet you believe Him to be Michael. Not the same Jesus.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 10-28-2008 at 10:09 AM..

Old 10-28-2008, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Well I believe Jesus to be the Son of God and God himself yet you believe Him to be Michael. Not the same Jesus.
You're right, JW's, I, and many others not affiliated with JW's do not believe that Jesus IS God. The trinity is debatable, and has been debated to no end on here as to its scriptural soundness. Alice has already provided scriptures here or on another post that explain Michael.

From the scriptures I understand that Christians are to model themselves after Jesus, following in his footsteps. I pray to God through Jesus. I live my life by the standards and principles in the bible. I consider myself a follower of Christ. I will someday be baptised. Doesn't that make me a Christian?

Old 10-28-2008, 11:33 AM

5,137 posts, read 16,539,299 times
Why pray to Jesus if you say He's not God..

Wouldnt that be idolatry?

Quote:
You're right, JW's, I, and many others not affiliated with JW's do not believe that Jesus IS God. The trinity is debatable, and has been debated to no end on here as to its scriptural soundness. Alice has already provided scriptures here or on another post that explain Michael.

From the scriptures I understand that Christians are to model themselves after Jesus, following in his footsteps. I pray to God through Jesus. I live my life by the standards and principles in the bible. I consider myself a follower of Christ. I will someday be baptised. Doesn't that make me a Christian?

Old 10-28-2008, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
Why pray to Jesus if you say He's not God..

Wouldnt that be idolatry?
Well hey there Ren...
I didn't say I pray to Jesus, I said I pray to God THROUGH Jesus.

Old 10-28-2008, 11:56 AM

Why would you need to go through Jesus?

Praying THROUGH someone IS Idolatry.

You shouldn't be praying to anyone BUT God.

Quote:
Well hey there Ren...
I didn't say I pray to Jesus, I said I pray to God THROUGH Jesus.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
Why would you need to go through Jesus?

Praying THROUGH someone IS Idolatry.

You shouldn't be praying to anyone BUT God.

Again, I know that I nor JW's are alone in the belief that Jesus is our intercessor when praying to God.

Speaking for myself, the scriptures that show me it is proper to pray to God through Jesus are John 14:13, 14 & 2 Corinthians 1:20.

Old 10-28-2008, 01:02 PM

13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Since when does/did God share glory with anyone else who isn't God?

These scriptures would only make sense if you believe that Jesus is God

Quote:
Again, I know that I nor JW's are alone in the belief that Jesus is our intercessor when praying to God.

Speaking for myself, the scriptures that show me it is proper to pray to God through Jesus are John 14:13, 14 & 2 Corinthians 1:20.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity