U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2008, 08:45 PM

3,584 posts, read 462,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlemur View Post
Tolerance is just another way of saying it's ok to do or say or think whatever you want to do. God's Word never says that we have to be tolerant of anybody or anything. It just says that we are to follow Christ, have love and compassion for others and let Him take care of the rest.
There is a difference between tolerance and truth, justice and what is right.

When Jesus said do unto others as you would have them do unto you what did he mean? - do you want to be discriminated against - don't discriminate!!!

Jesus say Judge not lest you be judged, by the same measure you judge it will be meted to you. I am not going to judge a homosexual that is between them an God. I am of the opinion now that homosexuality in itself is not a sin however any abuse, lust or betrayal that happens between homosexuals is a sin - it is like being hetero is not a sin but any abuse, lust or betrayal in a hetero relationship is a sin.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:48 PM

5,137 posts, read 15,122,831 times
They are all sins....I see more preachers preach about fornication/adultery than anything.

It seems gays believe that they are the only thing or the majority of what we classify as 'sin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
There is a difference between tolerance and truth, justice and what is right.

When Jesus said do unto others as you would have them do unto you what did he mean? - do you want to be discriminated against - don't discriminate!!!

Jesus say Judge not lest you be judged, by the same measure you judge it will be meted to you. I am not going to judge a homosexual that is between them an God. I am of the opinion now that homosexuality in itself is not a sin however any abuse, lust or betrayal that happens between homosexuals is a sin - it is like being hetero is not a sin but any abuse, lust or betrayal in a hetero relationship is a sin.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:51 PM

3,584 posts, read 462,119 times
Sin is the transgression of the law - which law?

Old 10-12-2008, 08:56 PM

396 posts, read 732,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlemur View Post
What gets me is that non-christian folks who express love, understanding and compassion to gays are considered tolerant. Now take christians who feel the same way yet abide by God's Word and they are considered ignorant, biased, intolerant, bigoted and whatever else you can think of. If that's the case, then I'll take God's Word any day and live with the verbal abuse.
I am a Christian. I feel the same way as those "non-Christians" you describe. What does that make me?

Old 10-12-2008, 09:02 PM

13,469 posts, read 21,245,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
I have a question. Whether here in the forum, or in RL, I've found that some (not all) of the most outspoken people for acceptance of homsexuality is straight people. I would think it would be the other way around, more gay people clamoring for acceptance. Do you or others who believe homsexuality is okay have any thoughts as to why this is the case?
Although I would not call my self outspoken for homosexuality, I do defend and uphold their right to live their lifestyle. I just don't feel it is my God given right to condemn an adults sex life that is not a criminal act involving rape of another human or sexual abuse of a child..I have had gay and lesbian friends through the years,,We never discussed their sexual preferences and we never discussed mine, except to acknowledge that we were aware of it..I have seen them suffer from the hatred of family , schoolmates and society in general. I had one friend who hung himself, not because of guilt about his homosexuality, but from the hate of people.. many who were Christians..I truly believe that they are born that way..Why? Genetics? hermaphroditic? Reasons known only to God? I don't know.. I only know that they are humans, they are caple of giving love and caple of receiving love.. They are like most of us, hard workers, family oriented and yes they are christian/believers..

There are sexual acts between heterosexuals, even married people that I have heard about that are sinful acts according to the Bible, yet I have heard those acts defended in these forums only because they are committed between husband and wife behind closed doors..I do not know where the verses are that say anything goes as long as it is a man and woman, married, and behind closed doors..

Hoosier, you and I have seen many gay men come to this forum, looking for some acceptance..I am thinking of one who tried so hard to change, he was celebite for years, he tried to date girls in HS..I think we all came to love him, because we felt his pain and saw his many moods, but in the long run he hated himself because he lived so many years with the hate of the world and his guilt because he was a christian, yet try as he did he was still a homosexual..

I know that you and I have never agreed on the issue of birth or choice, but I do respect you very much for the ministry you are in and I really think you can help some..but not all..
I really do wish a life of happiness, full of love, laughter and acceptance for us all..

Old 10-12-2008, 09:07 PM

3,455 posts, read 6,183,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
I have a question. Whether here in the forum, or in RL, I've found that some (not all) of the most outspoken people for acceptance of homsexuality is straight people. I would think it would be the other way around, more gay people clamoring for acceptance. Do you or others who believe homsexuality is okay have any thoughts as to why this is the case?
As an openly gay male, I've not found that to be the case...perhaps your perception and my perception differ because you are looking at it from a straight perspective, and I'm looking at it from a gay perspective...just a thought.

Old 10-12-2008, 09:13 PM

25,165 posts, read 47,415,898 times
That is so unfortunate. Self hate and always feeling guilty is one of the worst ways to live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post

Hoosier, you and I have seen many gay men come to this forum, looking for some acceptance..I am thinking of one who tried so hard to change, he was celebite for years, he tried to date girls in HS..I think we all came to love him, because we felt his pain and saw his many moods, but in the long run he hated himself because he lived so many years with the hate of the world and his guilt because he was a christian, yet try as he did he was still a homosexual..

I know that you and I have never agreed on the issue of birth or choice, but I do respect you very much for the ministry you are in and I really think you can help some..but not all..
I really do wish a life of happiness, full of love, laughter and acceptance for us all..

Old 10-12-2008, 09:14 PM

I've seen more gays do that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
As an openly gay male, I've not found that to be the case...perhaps your perception and my perception differ because you are looking at it from a straight perspective, and I'm looking at it from a gay perspective...just a thought.

Old 10-12-2008, 09:15 PM

1,320 posts, read 2,731,772 times
Quote:
I am a Christian. I feel the same way as those "non-Christians" you describe. What does that make me?
The same way christians and non-christians feel; you have love and compassion for others.

Old 10-12-2008, 09:15 PM

That is true because some jerks like to make a big huge stink about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
They are all sins....I see more preachers preach about fornication/adultery than anything.

It seems gays believe that they are the only thing or the majority of what we classify as 'sin'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or