U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-12-2008, 10:14 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
5,137 posts, read 15,100,301 times
Reputation: 1008

Advertisements

research from whom?

Please always backup or cite your source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
According to the research of the Arsenokoites, it states male prostitute that sleeps with men, not gay guy that engages in caring and loving relationships.

 
Old 10-12-2008, 10:14 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,038 posts, read 30,688,375 times
Reputation: 12214
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
same lame argument? Please quote me where I said something about brainscans and DNA

How can someone say it comes from genes when they're doing a brainscan? Brainscans do not look at genetics. They look at the structure/form of a brain. It's just like an Xray
I said nothing about genetics or DNA, nor do the researchers..I simply refuted your statement that it is a learned trait...It is not..Gays are born with brains that are different from straights, that does not mean they are defective. It just means they are different. To follow your argument anyone with skin color or hair color different than the majority is somehow defective. Better to read the science on this, rather than make things up...
 
Old 10-12-2008, 10:16 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
5,137 posts, read 15,100,301 times
Reputation: 1008
How can say someone they were born with it when the researched is based on ADULTS?

If they were to say they did the research on babies/infants then we can say it's not a learned trait because the babies haven't learned anything yet.

The fact that they are adults proves nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I said nothing about genetics or DNA, nor do the researchers..I simply refuted your statement that that it is a learned trait...It is not..Gays are born with brains that are different from straights, that does not mean they are defective. It just means they are different. To follow your argument anyone with skin color or hair color different than the majority is somehow defective. Better to read the science on this, rather than make things up...
 
Old 10-12-2008, 10:19 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
5,137 posts, read 15,100,301 times
Reputation: 1008
Paul always used the OT as reference

Leviticus 18:22
22Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
 
Old 10-12-2008, 10:20 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,038 posts, read 30,688,375 times
Reputation: 12214
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
How can say someone they were born with it when the researched is based on ADULTS?

If they were to say they did the research on babies/infants then we can say it's not a learned trait because the babies haven't learned anything yet.

The fact that they are adults proves nothing.
I see and understand you did not read the research on it...Why is that? Are you afraid?...You demand links, yet refuse to read the ones provided.
 
Old 10-12-2008, 10:23 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,038 posts, read 30,688,375 times
Reputation: 12214
Here I'll make it easy for you renriq....
Brain symmetry

To get round this, Savic and her colleague, Per Lindström, chose to measure brain parameters likely to have been fixed at birth.
"That was the whole point of the study, to show parameters that differ, but which couldn't be altered by learning or cognitive processes," says Savic.
First they used MRI scans to find out the overall volume and shapes of brains in a group of 90 volunteers consisting of 25 heterosexuals and 20 homosexuals of each gender.
The results showed that straight men had asymmetric brains, with the right hemisphere slightly larger – and the gay women also had this asymmetry. Gay men, meanwhile, had symmetrical brains like those of straight women.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...gay-brain.html
 
Old 10-12-2008, 10:24 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
5,137 posts, read 15,100,301 times
Reputation: 1008
I did read the article and it states nothing about infants/babies.

Please provide any links that state they did test on infants/babies.

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I see and understand you did not read the research on it...Why is that? Are you afraid?...You demand links, yet refuse to read the ones provided.
 
Old 10-12-2008, 10:26 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
5,137 posts, read 15,100,301 times
Reputation: 1008
that's my point.

you can't prove there was no difference from birht they if they didn't measure at birth. That's why the statement is not ABSOLUTE.
It states LIKELY to have been 'fixed' at birth

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Here I'll make it easy for you renriq....
Brain symmetry

To get round this, Savic and her colleague, Per Lindström, chose to measure brain parameters likely to have been fixed at birth.
"That was the whole point of the study, to show parameters that differ, but which couldn't be altered by learning or cognitive processes," says Savic.
First they used MRI scans to find out the overall volume and shapes of brains in a group of 90 volunteers consisting of 25 heterosexuals and 20 homosexuals of each gender.
The results showed that straight men had asymmetric brains, with the right hemisphere slightly larger – and the gay women also had this asymmetry. Gay men, meanwhile, had symmetrical brains like those of straight women.
 
Old 10-12-2008, 10:31 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,038 posts, read 30,688,375 times
Reputation: 12214
I give up..
 
Old 10-12-2008, 10:34 PM
 
25,165 posts, read 47,329,346 times
Reputation: 6944
Arsenokoites was never used in antiquity with our modern meaning of homosexual.



Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
research from whom?

Please always backup or cite your source.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top