U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-12-2008, 10:36 PM
 
25,165 posts, read 47,313,389 times
Reputation: 6944

Advertisements

Exactly, it is more about a brain abnormality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Here I'll make it easy for you renriq....
Brain symmetry

To get round this, Savic and her colleague, Per Lindström, chose to measure brain parameters likely to have been fixed at birth.
"That was the whole point of the study, to show parameters that differ, but which couldn't be altered by learning or cognitive processes," says Savic.
First they used MRI scans to find out the overall volume and shapes of brains in a group of 90 volunteers consisting of 25 heterosexuals and 20 homosexuals of each gender.
The results showed that straight men had asymmetric brains, with the right hemisphere slightly larger – and the gay women also had this asymmetry. Gay men, meanwhile, had symmetrical brains like those of straight women.
Gay Men, Straight Women Have Similar Brains

 
Old 10-12-2008, 10:37 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
5,137 posts, read 15,095,994 times
Reputation: 1007
and look who the source is gaychristian101.com

Paul's source
Leviticus 18:22
22Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.


 
Old 10-12-2008, 10:41 PM
 
25,165 posts, read 47,313,389 times
Reputation: 6944
Yes I noticed the source but it was so well researched.

Paul is talking about telling lies to mankind is wrong as well telling lies with womankind.

or according to research on the bible dictionary it could mean this, to lie down for rest, sexual connection, to die or any other purpose (so all of that is an abomination).

with could also mean sleep; by euphemism, carnal intercourse which is impossible for gays to have carnal intercourse...

Abomination means disgusting and not moral.


Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
and look who the source is gaychristian101.com

Paul's source
Leviticus 18:22
22Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Last edited by artsyguy; 10-12-2008 at 10:50 PM..
 
Old 10-12-2008, 10:43 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
5,137 posts, read 15,095,994 times
Reputation: 1007
Remember that Paul is Jewish. He didnt' come up with 'new ideas'.
Everything he taught was from the OT.

The OT clearly was against homosexuality.
There was no such thing as a NT.
Remember that they were 'letters' from Paul but everyone still followed the OT.

BTW - I think you know exactly what it means but you're just looking for a doorway.
Most of your posts seem out of place, and I question your motives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Yes I noticed the source but it was so well researched.

Paul is talking about telling lies to mankind is wrong as well telling lies with womankind.
 
Old 10-12-2008, 10:48 PM
 
25,165 posts, read 47,313,389 times
Reputation: 6944
I just added more info to back up my correct assumptions and views.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
Remember that Paul is Jewish. He didnt' come up with 'new ideas'.
Everything he taught was from the OT.

The OT clearly was against homosexuality.
There was no such thing as a NT.
Remember that they were 'letters' from Paul but everyone still followed the OT.

BTW - I think you know exactly what it means but you're just looking for a doorway.
Most of your posts seem out of place, and I question your motives.
 
Old 10-12-2008, 10:56 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
5,137 posts, read 15,095,994 times
Reputation: 1007
you obviously didnt read mine.

Being Jewish myself...I will tell you that Leviticus means what it means.

It doesn't mean lie to lay down. It means to have sexual intercourse.

Don't believe me? Take a hebrew course, and see for yourself.

Jews didn't believe in homosexuality.

Here it is in another verse...

Leviticus 20:13
13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.


Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I just added more info to back up my correct assumptions and views.
 
Old 10-12-2008, 11:19 PM
 
25,165 posts, read 47,313,389 times
Reputation: 6944
lol some are not fornicators but yes of course probably most have had lasciviousness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
Do you know a gay couple who hasn't never committed fornication or lasciviousness?
 
Old 10-12-2008, 11:22 PM
 
25,165 posts, read 47,313,389 times
Reputation: 6944
So sodomites would without a doubt get the death penalty if our nation was ruled under God which it says "one nation under God" in our constitution.

What do you mean God is reserving judgment for his reasons?

Yes there are many not punishable by death, your point is that sodomy is of the most vile and awful?



Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
That applied when they were a nation ruled under God which that's not happening today, and hasn't happened for a while.

Also, God is reserving judgment for His reasons.

That doesn't change what is right from wrong.

You will notice that there were many abominations but not all were punishable by death.
 
Old 10-12-2008, 11:24 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
5,137 posts, read 15,095,994 times
Reputation: 1007
Galatians 5:21
of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.


Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
lol some are not fornicators but yes of course probably most have had lasciviousness.
 
Old 10-12-2008, 11:25 PM
 
25,165 posts, read 47,313,389 times
Reputation: 6944
and so, you already quoted that

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
Galatians 5:21
of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top