U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-12-2008, 11:34 AM
 
Location: UK.
350 posts, read 326,618 times
Reputation: 120
Default I give up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
Read the definitions of the words, and you will see for yourself.

Norm as sexual orientation.

I'm not talking about how well they did in school or being the richest.
Now you've lost me. What are you saying? ... Never mind, I don't really need to know. You are a remarkably quick reader, as it took you less than a minute to read my long posting plus the scientific paper I attached, and even penned your answer! I would be impressed if I thought you had taken the trouble to read any of it, as I thought I made some important and heartfelt points. Maybe you prefer not to be disabused of your ignorance in scientific matters as science conflicts so markedly with yours, despite your eagerness to enlist it on your side. I have no further interest in crossing swords with you, it is a waste of time, as you have such a deep-seated need to hate me and my 'unnatural ways'. Jesus would be so proud of your efforts to bring me down - and people wonder that I have no time for religion! At least I don't see it as my job to condemn what I don't understand. If my own father failed to beat the 'gayness' out of me as a small boy (and God knows he tried) - then your views are of no importance.

 
Old 10-12-2008, 11:37 AM
 
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
5,137 posts, read 11,511,993 times
Reputation: 972
Why are you intolerant in what I believe?

Why can't I have my own opinions, and you have your own?
Why can't we debate w/out having to call someone names?

Why are you intolerant because I 'differ in what your believe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I don't recall saying there was something wrong with your life style, Calling you out on your intolerance and lies about gays does not make me a bigot my friend. Neither does not accepting your opinions. If that were the case everybody could be called a bigot.

big·ot (bgt)n. One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.
 
Old 10-12-2008, 11:38 AM
 
Location: Twin Cities
3,355 posts, read 5,660,964 times
Reputation: 5627
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
Gee, Hoosier....

It seems to me that you're missing a chance to step up to the plate and share your heart here.
It could really make a difference.

Didn't you say that this was your heart cry, as well?

God bless,

WC
Yes it is my heart cry. My post was only to lighten the tone of the thread. Stones are flying enough as it is that I ask myself, are we only debating for debating purposes, or are we all really trying to make a genuine difference?

I will say that as a former homosexual I've found that my faith is more important than desires to be with a guy.
 
Old 10-12-2008, 11:39 AM
 
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
5,137 posts, read 11,511,993 times
Reputation: 972
I did read the article and your post....I read fast.

My point is that the sexual orientation of being with the same person is not the norm..if it was then everyone would be gay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianrees View Post
Now you've lost me. What are you saying? ... Never mind, I don't really need to know. You are a remarkably quick reader, as it took you less than a minute to read my long posting plus the scientific paper I attached, and even penned your answer! I would be impressed if I thought you had taken the trouble to read any of it, as I thought I made some important and heartfelt points. Maybe you prefer not to be disabused of your ignorance in scientific matters as science conflicts so markedly with yours, despite your eagerness to enlist it on your side. I have no further interest in crossing swords with you, it is a waste of time, as you have such a deep-seated need to hate me and my 'unnatural ways'. Jesus would be so proud of your efforts to bring me down - and people wonder that I have no time for religion! At least I don't see it as my job to condemn what I don't understand. If my own father failed to beat the 'gayness' out of me as a small boy (and God knows he tried) - then your views are of no importance.
 
Old 10-12-2008, 11:53 AM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
24,584 posts, read 17,742,874 times
Reputation: 9827
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
I did read the article and your post....I read fast.

My point is that the sexual orientation of being with the same person is not the norm..if it was then everyone would be gay.
That is like saying that being blond is not the norm...If it was everybody would be blond.
 
Old 10-12-2008, 12:10 PM
 
Location: UK.
350 posts, read 326,618 times
Reputation: 120
Default A bit too fast perhaps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
I did read the article and your post....I read fast.

My point is that the sexual orientation of being with the same person is not the norm..if it was then everyone would be gay.
Here we go again.

OK, I accept you have difficulty accepting what is alien to you personally, but don't belabour the point as it says far more about your insecurities than it does mine. I noticed that there isn't much healthy contradiction of views in this forum, as you all seem to be Christians keen to reinforce each other's basic views, give or take a few details. I got here by mistake yesterday, and believe me, have no interest in stirring you all up, but certain things cannot go unadressed. As I now see it, most of you (though not all, to be fair), have issues with the gay thing, and it seemed to me no bad thing to draw your attention to the closed-mindedness of it all. Inform yourself first - and then launch the heavy artillery if you must. Otherwise it all comes across as hopelessly foolish and uneducated... In passing, have you not heard or realised that in the 'natural world' gay behaviour is as common in many species as it is in our species, therefore where is this 'norm' that you keep banging on about. It is a fact of life, QED. so please learn that your inability to handle that fact does Christianity as a religion few favours. If you want to go on alienating all tolerant and thinking people, then carry on just as you are - but don't expect to be respected in a more humane world. The Church of England here in my country is already riven with disastrous schism over this issue, and at a time when a moral lead in society is badly needed. Doesn't all this strike you as a waste of energy, trying to turn the clock back to the dark ages, when people like me would be burned alive at the stake. Is that what you want to see? I hope not, not least because it shows to me that you simply haven't taken on board any of Jesus' message of love. But then I don't qualify for your respect, being so 'unnatural'. ps. if being straight was the norm, my friend, then no-one would be gay according yo your logic.
 
Old 10-12-2008, 12:18 PM
 
Location: New Zealand
2,933 posts, read 2,128,592 times
Reputation: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
Why are you intolerant in what I believe?

Why can't I have my own opinions, and you have your own?
Why can't we debate w/out having to call someone names?

Why are you intolerant because I 'differ in what your believe?
Renrique, you have your opinions but you go further than that, you are saying that homosexual have a disorder and are unnatural and if you lived in a society that actually threw stones instead of insults you would probably be throwing stones to support your theology.
 
Old 10-12-2008, 12:21 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
5,137 posts, read 11,511,993 times
Reputation: 972
please use paragraphs as it would be easier for everyone to read.

I think it's good that we have actual gay people coming to debate or to share their views.

Everyone is welcome, and nobody should condemn you.

I dont know what it is to go through a lot of stuff in life but that's why I read the bible hoping to find all the answers.

Also, dont think that homosexuality is the only thing Christians think about. I hear more about adultery/fornication/drugs than anything.

It's not often that I see people 'singling out' something that the bible teaches. Those who do single them out AND condemn them will be held accountable by God.

Christians view it as a sin, and believe that you need to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. We are all sinners, and all need to repent before God. We also believe that things may not happen overnight but accepting Jesus into your life is the first step.

How can one clean a fish if they havent caught the fish yet?
Many people come with problems of pornography, addictions, adultery, fornication, etc but they have to take the first step which is believing in Jesus. Then and only then can the cleansing start.

Take the first step, and dont ever look on anyone else for answers.
Pray and ask God to show you what is the correct path.
 
Old 10-12-2008, 12:26 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
5,137 posts, read 11,511,993 times
Reputation: 972
Throwing stones is telling the person that they are cursed to hell.
I haven't done that so please enough with the exaggeration.

Science teaches what is the norm, natural, and what is a disorder.

I dont believe in everything that Science teaches. I dont believe that people are born gay.
Most people USE SCIENCE to say that they were born that way, but I'm trying to demonstrate that science isn't always right.

I believe that people make a choice in how they want to live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Renrique, you have your opinions but you go further than that, you are saying that homosexual have a disorder and are unnatural and if you lived in a society that actually threw stones instead of insults you would probably be throwing stones to support your theology.
 
Old 10-12-2008, 12:29 PM
 
16,448 posts, read 10,247,413 times
Reputation: 9173
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianrees View Post
- After all, who made gay people, if not God? Think about it.
God also made people who choose to be adulterers and thieves. They want to be adulterous or murder and could resist the temptation, but they choose to sin. Think about it.

Jesus commands us to love others just as He loves us. It is not always easy to do. Some people are hard to love. That fact does not relieve us of the commandment and we must try. I hope and pray that I will get better at it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top