U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2008, 07:18 PM

3,581 posts, read 456,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
I love how people like to 'twist' the Word of God

Leviticus 18
22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination

34Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons
He's talking about salvation

1 Corinthians 6:9 malakos - effeminate - mä-lä-ko's
1) of a boy kept for homosexual relations with a man
2) of a male who submits his body to unnatural lewdness
3) of a male prostitute

That is the CORRECT interpretation for the greek word malakos

I can go on....but I'm sure you get the point
Homosexuality is a sin
Renriq

Where is your "correct" interpretation of the word from - is it a current meaning? Words change over time and words that were used 2000 years are liable to change and have cultural bias attached to them.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
ahhhh picking and choosing what we think is right from wrong.

sounds like how abortion is being played out. We play God for a day.

Soon we will legalize child molesters.
In some countries they allow this...and the US will soon be there with the way we're going
Is this a reply to me?

Old 10-12-2008, 07:28 PM

3,570 posts, read 7,783,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Because they suppress their natural urge so that they can conform to christianity and be accepted by other christians, that is why you also get young kids who try to think away their sexuality and try to conform to their parents standards and later after they are married and have kids they find that they are still homosexual and all the wishing and repenting has not changed who they are and they "come out" and say what what actually is and then they are told that they just need to repent.
Meerkat, are you gay? Have you ever had SGA? (same gender attraction)

Old 10-12-2008, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Just for you freedom, although I'm sure you've seen it before, because I have posted this on other gay bashing threads that you seem so fond of. As I said before you will probably disregard it because it conflicts with your holy book.

The brains of gay men and women look like those found in heterosexual people of the opposite sex, research suggests.
The Swedish study, published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences journal, compared the size of the brain's halves in 90 adults.
Gay men and heterosexual women had halves of a similar size, while the right side was bigger in lesbian women and heterosexual men.
A UK scientist said this was evidence sexual orientation was set in the womb.

BBC NEWS | Health | Scans see 'gay brain differences'

This study has been proven false as the researchers did not know which cadavers were homosexual, and which were heterosexual. This theory is only that, a theory which has not been proven.

And, brains may be formed in the womb but as babies, toddlers, elementary and so on we're always developing and changing as we learn, thus our brain changes.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:33 PM

5,137 posts, read 15,105,251 times
The New Testament was written in greek, and I gave you the greek interpretation.

I doubt it was taken out of context as it was written to the Romans where it was rampant with homosexuality and child molestation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Renriq

Where is your "correct" interpretation of the word from - is it a current meaning? Words change over time and words that were used 2000 years are liable to change and have cultural bias attached to them.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morale Officer View Post
It should be LOVE.
Love may be one of the greatest commands, but salvation through Jesus Christ is what should be taught. You can love anyone and everyone you want, and that's awesome, but if you don't love Christ and have Him in your heart, then your missing out on the most awesome aspect of life.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:39 PM

30,038 posts, read 30,705,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
This study has been proven false as the researchers did not know which cadavers were homosexual, and which were heterosexual. This theory is only that, a theory which has not been proven.

And, brains may be formed in the womb but as babies, toddlers, elementary and so on we're always developing and changing as we learn, thus our brain changes.
Cadavers?...This study was not done on cadavers, which you would know had you read the research...Un-freaking believable how you people twist the truth so that it fits with what is in your ancient book.

Differences both in the brain activity and anatomy were observed in a study involving 90 men and women, including homosexuals and heterosexuals of both genders.
The researchers monitored neural activity in the brain by charting blood flow.
The scans were carried out when the volunteers were resting and exposed to no external stimuli.

Gay Men, Straight Women Have Similar Brains

Old 10-12-2008, 07:40 PM

3,455 posts, read 6,173,900 times
Quote:

Did you read the link provided...?

They did not use cadavers, they used living humans...

"A group of 90 healthy gay and heterosexual adults, men and women, were scanned by the Karolinska Institute scientists to measure the volume of both sides, or hemispheres, of their brain.
When these results were collected, it was found that lesbians and heterosexual men shared a particular "asymmetry" in their hemisphere size, while heterosexual women and gay men had no difference between the size of the different halves of their brain.
In other words, structurally, at least, the brains of gay men were more like heterosexual women, and gay women more like heterosexual men"

Old 10-12-2008, 07:42 PM

3,455 posts, read 6,173,900 times
Quote:
Meerkat, are you gay? Have you ever had SGA? (same gender attraction)
Does anything change if Meerkat is gay...?

Old 10-12-2008, 07:43 PM

No Hoosier,

I am not gay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or