U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 04:31 PM

5,137 posts, read 15,094,482 times

Advertisements

It's not common for anyone to be possessed.

As you wrote.....never 'heard'

Most of the time is hearsay. I have seen it with my own eyes, but not many people have.

Another thing is that atheists dont dabble in/with the darkside.
Well...athiests that I knew

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I have a question. Why is it that I have never heard of an atheist being possessed?.. Are demons such bigots or is there another reason? I would think we would be prime targets since we are considered by Christians to be Godless. Sure seems strange to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2008, 04:51 PM

30,037 posts, read 30,671,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
It's not common for anyone to be possessed.

As you wrote.....never 'heard'

Most of the time is hearsay. I have seen it with my own eyes, but not many people have.

Another thing is that atheists dont dabble in/with the darkside.
Well...athiests that I knew
I really think it is because atheists generally do not believe in myths of any kind, good or evil. The fact that atheists seem immune convinces me that demons and witchcraft etcetera have as much validity as flying elephants.

Old 10-11-2008, 05:04 PM

Immune? hmmm I don't know about that.

You gotta see it to believe it. That's all I have to say

Quote:
I really think it is because atheists generally do not believe in myths of any kind, good or evil. The fact that atheists seem immune convinces me that demons and witchcraft etcetera have as much validity as flying elephants.

Old 10-11-2008, 05:36 PM

352 posts, read 476,261 times
Quote:
I have a question. Why is it that I have never heard of an atheist being possessed?.. Are demons such bigots or is there another reason? I would think we would be prime targets since we are considered by Christians to be Godless. Sure seems strange to me.
Well, there is one theory that comes to mind. Please don't take this the wrong way what I am about to post. Atheists may not be possessed because they have refused to acknowledge the blood of Christ and the giving of the Holy Spirit; in doing so, you wouldn't be clean of all your sins and that ultimately plays a role in where you would go in your afterlife (basically, an atheist wouldn't be possessed because they belong to Satan already). However, this is mere conjecture because there are several forms of Christian theology that run against this view. These theologies include predestination and universalism. I'm just giving you one perspective.

Old 10-11-2008, 05:57 PM

30,037 posts, read 30,671,240 times
No offense taken, Think what you want.

Old 10-12-2008, 10:00 AM

Is it possible for demonic possession to have a detrimental effect on one's relationship with God? Could the influence of a demon lead one to backslide and pull from God without any clear reason why?

Old 10-12-2008, 02:46 PM

Christians can't be possessed...they are oppressed.

All Christians have a different level of oppression.
Some have opened the doorway for these oppressions in the lives.

43When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.
44Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. 45Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first.

18Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower.
19When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.
20But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;
21Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.
22He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful. 23But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero777 View Post
Is it possible for demonic possession to have a detrimental effect on one's relationship with God? Could the influence of a demon lead one to backslide and pull from God without any clear reason why?

Old 10-13-2008, 05:10 AM

What would you suggest should be done to help someone who is oppressed by a demon? How can it be removed so that they can mend their relationship with Christ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or