Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 02:09 PM

352 posts, read 552,795 times

Advertisements

As I understand it, demons are the spiritual "minions" of the devil who do his bidding in our world, at least according to the Gospels. Some denominations acknowledge the demons and their influence while others completely dismiss their existence in our reality. Do you believe in demons? If so, how do think they influence us and the decisions we make? How do they enter the person, even Christians, and how do you propose such creatures can be stopped? I look forward to hearing from you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2008, 02:49 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,173,178 times
I believe we have to have something they can "stick to", otherwise they will find no rest. Jesus said, " The Prince of this world comes and has nothing in me". (Jn 14:30)

I also believe that our mind is a battlefield - but Christ is a rock. I've heard testimony of one woman that awoke during the night, to find Satan himself sitting on the edge of her bed.

She looked at him and said, "Oh, it's just you".

She went back to sleep.

Old 10-11-2008, 02:58 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,583,894 times
They do not enter Christians.
If you see a Christian 'manifest' then more than likely it is their body that is oppressed.

Cancer - most believe this to be a spirit. When it is manifested then your skin/hair starts to change. This is called oppression.

If you had someone who was 'possessed' then you're probably talking about the guy who lived by the tombstones (legion)

I believe there are a few ways to demons enter you. You will notice that these practices aren't dont by Christians.....well hopefully not.

1. Witchcraft. Invoking spirits, encantations, etc. Witches I knew would ask the spirits to enter them so they can receive more power.

2. Under the influence - a doorway is opened since your mind is not in control. This is how some people are hypnotized when under some drugs. You basically give up your control to the object or person.

3. Sex - When two bodies join..they are considered 1 in everything.

4. Constant living in sin - given or addicted to adultery, liquor, fornication, drugs, etc.

Some believe that you create the 'doorways' for spirits to enter your body. There's probably a lot more doorways...

Is it halloween yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero777 View Post
As I understand it, demons are the spiritual "minions" of the devil who do his bidding in our world, at least according to the Gospels. Some denominations acknowledge the demons and their influence while others completely dismiss their existence in our reality. Do you believe in demons? If so, how do think they influence us and the decisions we make? How do they enter the person, even Christians, and how do you propose such creatures can be stopped? I look forward to hearing from you.

Old 10-11-2008, 03:21 PM

5,903 posts, read 3,789,744 times
Renriq pretty much covered it, I think. It's a grave mistake to not acknowledge the presence of the devil and his demons. After all, every one of them are fallen angels, even Satan. They know all the tricks and the biggest trick of all is fooling people into thinking they don't exist.

Old 10-11-2008, 03:37 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
Seems we do a good bit of damage all by ourselves with the choices we make.. If they are bad and get us into trouble, and we can't blame it on anyone else, we seem to find the demons a pretty good excuse for our behavior..I don't think anyone who is a believer and makes use of the Holy Spirit within him that there is any possibility of a demon entering his body..I do not think a demon has permission to enter the temple of God which is the body of a believer, because He dwells within..

I think they (demons) may battle with a person who is searching for God, but has not been able to commit himself to belief..I believe many groups of people are demon led instead of Christ led. In other words they may have the false twisted gospel of Satan instead of the sweet humble and loving gospel of Christ..But it is not my job to be their judge, but God does hear my prayers for them to come out of the lie and seek God..
JMO..

Old 10-11-2008, 04:10 PM

We should always look at what the bible says

For we (Paul is writing..who is a Christian) wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Seems we do a good bit of damage all by ourselves with the choices we make.. If they are bad and get us into trouble, and we can't blame it on anyone else, we seem to find the demons a pretty good excuse for our behavior..I don't think anyone who is a believer and makes use of the Holy Spirit within him that there is any possibility of a demon entering his body..I do not think a demon has permission to enter the temple of God which is the body of a believer, because He dwells within..

I think they (demons) may battle with a person who is searching for God, but has not been able to commit himself to belief..I believe many groups of people are demon led instead of Christ led. In other words they may have the false twisted gospel of Satan instead of the sweet humble and loving gospel of Christ..But it is not my job to be their judge, but God does hear my prayers for them to come out of the lie and seek God..
JMO..

Old 10-11-2008, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
JMO..
Can you elaborate on this one a bit more? I have a friend who is on a "journey" so to speak hoping to give his life to Christ, but he simply can't seem to make a commitment and keep it to Christ. He's always plagued with doubt, fear, and he just seems to be angry all the time without any real reason. It is possible that this could be depression or some kind of psychological disorder, but he tells me that all these thoughts and feelings that he has been having really only started when he was trying to follow Christ, not before then did he start having any trouble.

Old 10-11-2008, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
They do not enter Christians.
If you see a Christian 'manifest' then more than likely it is their body that is oppressed.

4. Constant living in sin - given or addicted to adultery, liquor, fornication, drugs, etc.

Some believe that you create the 'doorways' for spirits to enter your body. There's probably a lot more doorways...

Is it halloween yet?
Why can't Christians be possessed in the sense that there is an actual manifestation living within them? Why can it only be the body? Could there mind be confined as well? I mean under complete demonic control.

In regards to number 4, is it possible that living always in anger and never letting the past go could play a role in possession?

Old 10-11-2008, 04:24 PM

How can the Spirit of God be living inside of someone along with demons?

Mind being confined turns into possession.

4 - Hatred is another way. If you hate someone, that means you're rejecting the grace of God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero777 View Post
Why can't Christians be possessed in the sense that there is an actual manifestation living within them? Why can it only be the body? Could there mind be confined as well? I mean under complete demonic control.

In regards to number 4, is it possible that living always in anger and never letting the past go could play a role in possession?

Old 10-11-2008, 04:27 PM

33,524 posts, read 37,121,123 times
I have a question. Why is it that I have never heard of an atheist being possessed?.. Are demons such bigots or is there another reason? I would think we would be prime targets since we are considered by Christians to be Godless. Sure seems strange to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity