U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 05:18 AM

178 posts, read 278,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
No, Jesus told us clearly that there is no marriage in Eternity.
Respectfully, Jesus told us clearly that there is no marrying in the resurrection, not that there is no marriage in the resurrection. Please see earlier posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2008, 05:26 AM

16,438 posts, read 18,522,302 times
If we will allow what Jesus did not say as relevant, then can we assume there will also be divorce in Heaven? He didn't say there wouldn't and Eternity is a long time...

For me, I will only consider what Lord Jesus did say.

Old 10-18-2008, 06:12 AM

178 posts, read 278,643 times
Quote:
Give me one scripture that mentions any kind of marriage in heaven other than the wedding of the entire church to the Lamb of God. Name any instance of a wife or husband of an angel or any other being in Heaven.
Adam and Eve were created in the image of God (Elohim in Hebrew). Elohim is the Hebrew plural of God which also possesses masculine and feminine components as pointed out by freedom in an earlier post.

And God (Elohim) said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness..." (Genesis 1:26)

"In the day that God (Elohim) created man, in the likeness of God (Elohim) made he him; Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called THEIR name Adam..." (Genesis 5:1-2)

Adam (Adam and Eve) was ONE flesh... created in the very image of Elohim (God), who is also ONE.

We are all literal spirit children of heavenly parents...

We call our Heavenly Father, "Heavenly Father" for a reason.

References to that marriage in heaven from which all our spirits can trace their origin, the pattern of which marriage and union after which Adam and Eve were created, are taught from the earliest chapters in Genesis.

Heavenly marriage is clearly taught in latter-day scripture as well.

Old 10-18-2008, 06:16 AM

16,438 posts, read 18,522,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNHarris View Post
Adam and Eve were created in the image of God (Elohim in Hebrew). Elohim is the Hebrew plural of God which also possesses masculine and feminine components as pointed out by freedom in an earlier post.

And God (Elohim) said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness..." (Genesis 1:26)

"In the day that God (Elohim) created man, in the likeness of God (Elohim) made he him; Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called THEIR name Adam..." (Genesis 5:1-2)

Adam (Adam and Eve) was ONE flesh... created in the very image of Elohim (God), who is also ONE.

We are all literal spirit children of heavenly parents...

We call our Heavenly Father, "Heavenly Father" for a reason.

References to that marriage in heaven from which all our spirits can trace their origin, the pattern of which marriage and union after which Adam and Eve were created, are taught from the earliest chapters in Genesis.

Heavenly marriage is clearly taught in latter-day scripture as well.
If you are correct, my wife and I will be delighted. Or at least I will be. Maybe I should let my wife speak for herself...

Last edited by Bideshi; 10-18-2008 at 06:30 AM..

Old 10-18-2008, 12:58 PM

2,671 posts, read 3,553,324 times
Quote:
Give me one scripture that mentions any kind of marriage in heaven other than the wedding of the entire church to the Lamb of God. Name any instance of a wife or husband of an angel or any other being in Heaven. BTW it's not only poor English but disrespectful not to capitalize Jesus.
Well you seem equally incapable of showing a verse where Jesus actually says those already married will not be in heaven.I was merely responding to the evidence given that indicated that Jesus had said something in a specific verse that he actually didnt say...

Oh and thankyou for the english lesson,i'll be sure to pm you whenever my children have a homework question regarding english or proper sentence structure as i will admit its not one of my strong suits!

Old 10-18-2008, 01:14 PM

2,671 posts, read 3,553,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
"I find it interesting that 'twin' quoted the question directly from scripture and then paraphrased ,distorting in the process what jesus actually said in response,to try and prove her point"

Two small reactions\thoughts:
1. you had a 50\50 chance of his\her....nice try
2. I think that is probably the best process of explaining how one can come to believe in eternal marriages, having eternal families, becoming a god of their own planet ect. I would just change 'twin' to 'Mormons'
On point one i seem to recall about a zillion posts where 'twinspin'mentioned 'her' husband being an ex-mormon,do you and your wife share a screen name or have i confused you with someone else?I will have to go back and check if my memory is in error.

On your second point i havent attemptted to prove eternal marriage,you attemptted to disprove it by changing the words of Jesus.I clearly said earlier that i am leaning one way but open to arguments to the contrary.I know many non-mormons who believe in eternal marriage and if you can provide any 'quotes' from Jesus or the apostles that say otherwise please post them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity