U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2008, 02:07 PM

92 posts, read 140,904 times

Advertisements

2 Peter 1:20-21 knowing this first, that no prophecy of the Scripture is of any private interpretation.21 for the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Isaiah 65:17-25 for behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered nor come into mind.

But be glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.

And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.

There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that has not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being a hundred years old shall be accursed.

And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.

They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of the tree are the days of my people, and my elect shell long enjoy the work of their hands.

They shall not labor in vain, nor brings forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the Lord and their offspring with them.

And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.

The Wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall each straw like the Bullock: and dust shall be the serpents meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the Lord.

Remember what Jesus said in Matthew 22:29-30. Jesus answered and said unto them, you do err, not knowing the Scriptures, nor the power of God. For in the resurrection. They neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

Isaiah talks about children, building houses, planting crops, animals that are tame. Do you have any comments on this?

Born-again Jerry
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2008, 02:24 PM

3,208 posts, read 2,304,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrydb View Post
Isaiah talks about children, building houses, planting crops, animals that are tame. Do you have any comments on this?

Born-again Jerry
I sure do Jerry! Praise God that His promises have yet to be fulfilled and we still have all of these wonderful things to look forward to! No one should allow false doctrines to cloud their minds and make them believe that all of these things have happened or will not happen. We can all plainly see from the scriptures you quoted that these things have NOT happened but that they WILL definitely happen because our Creator Himself said so.

What a glorious day that will be!

Old 10-12-2008, 02:39 PM

2,214 posts, read 4,999,857 times
2 Peter 1:20-21-yes, this has happened.

Is 65:17-25...Yes, this has happened on a lesser scale but since Isaiah has several parallel accounts in the bible that show there will be a 'greater' fulfillment, we can still look forward to the ultimate outworking of this prophecy. There are obviously parts of it that have not been fulfilled and we can look forward to enjoying this time on earth in the future.

Matthew 22 is referring to those who are brought back in the resurrection on the last day (the one Lazarus' sister Mary referred to). It is not referring to those who have actually lived through Armageddon into God's righteous new earth. So we can conclude that the info in Isaiah refers to earthly society in general at that time. Also keep in mind that Jesus was answering the doubting pharisees in Matthew...it could very well be that he was intentionally vague since the question was asked as a challenge.

Old 10-12-2008, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
I sure do Jerry! Praise God that His promises have yet to be fulfilled and we still have all of these wonderful things to look forward to! No one should allow false doctrines to cloud their minds and make them believe that all of these things have happened or will not happen. We can all plainly see from the scriptures you quoted that these things have NOT happened but that they WILL definitely happen because our Creator Himself said so.

What a glorious day that will be!
hi Northsouth
I hope you realize That these are flesh and blood people that Have come out of great tribulation And have entered into the millennial kingdom Where the body of Christ will rule and reign With our Savior Jesus. And I say amen to your post

Born again Jerry

Old 10-12-2008, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenavada View Post
2 Peter 1:20-21-yes, this has happened.

Is 65:17-25...Yes, this has happened on a lesser scale but since Isaiah has several parallel accounts in the bible that show there will be a 'greater' fulfillment, we can still look forward to the ultimate outworking of this prophecy. There are obviously parts of it that have not been fulfilled and we can look forward to enjoying this time on earth in the future.

Matthew 22 is referring to those who are brought back in the resurrection on the last day (the one Lazarus' sister Mary referred to). It is not referring to those who have actually lived through Armageddon into God's righteous new earth. So we can conclude that the info in Isaiah refers to earthly society in general at that time. Also keep in mind that Jesus was answering the doubting pharisees in Matthew...it could very well be that he was intentionally vague since the question was asked as a challenge.

Hello Alicenavada Isaiah is talking about the future , the millennial kingdom these people never died. They came out of great tribulation and came into the kingdom.

Yes I agree with you about Matthew 22.

Born again Jerry

Old 10-13-2008, 11:09 AM

17,750 posts, read 15,053,616 times
Quote:
2 Peter 1:20-21 knowing this first, that no prophecy of the Scripture is of any private interpretation.21 for the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Isaiah 65:17-25 for behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered nor come into mind.

But be glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.

And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.

There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that has not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being a hundred years old shall be accursed.

And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.

They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of the tree are the days of my people, and my elect shell long enjoy the work of their hands.

They shall not labor in vain, nor brings forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the Lord and their offspring with them.

And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.

The Wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall each straw like the Bullock: and dust shall be the serpents meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the Lord.

Remember what Jesus said in Matthew 22:29-30. Jesus answered and said unto them, you do err, not knowing the Scriptures, nor the power of God. For in the resurrection. They neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

Born-again Jerry
Hello Jerrydb,

By simple logic its not when but where.

Micah 4
2(D)Many nations will come and say,
"(E)Come and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD
And to the house of the God of Jacob,
That (F)He may teach us about His ways
And that we may walk in His paths "
For (G)from Zion will go forth the law,
Even the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
3And He will (H)judge between many peoples
And render decisions for mighty, distant nations

Then they will hammer their swords (I)into plowshares
And their spears into pruning hooks;
Nation will not lift up sword against nation,
And never again will they train for war.
4Each of them will (J)sit under his vine
And under his fig tree,
With (K)no one to make them afraid,
For the (L)mouth of the LORD of hosts has spoken.
Matthew 25
31"But when (Y)the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then (Z)He will sit on His glorious throne.32"All the nations will be (AA)gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, (AB)as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; 33and He will put the sheep (AC)on His right, and the goats (AD)on the left.
34"Then the King will say to those on His right, 'Come, you who are blessed of My Father, (AE)inherit the kingdom prepared for you (AF)from the foundation of the world.

Revelation 12

5And (O)she gave birth to a son, a male child, who is to (P)rule all the nations with a rod of iron; and her child was (Q)caught up to God and to His throne.

Hebrews 9
27And inasmuch as (CA)it is appointed for men to die once and after this (CB)comes judgment,

So if Jesus judges the nations on his throne and after men have died where might this be?

Acts 7
But being (BZ)full of the Holy Spirit, he (CA)gazed intently into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing (CB)at the right hand of God;

And again speaking of Isaiah

Isaiah 66
I will set a (AT)sign among them and will send survivors from them to the nations: (AU)Tarshish, Put, (AV)Lud, Meshech, (AW)Tubal and Javan, to the distant (AX)coastlands that have neither heard My fame nor seen My glory And they will (AY)declare My glory among the nations.

Acts 17
"Therefore having (BG)overlooked (BH)the times of ignorance, God is (BI)now declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent,

If you are looking for a heavenly kingdom on earth, there is no understanding. The Christian interpretation is the spiritual kingdom interpretation (John 3,4). If its an earthly kingdom then Christianity is false.

Hasn't anyone noticed the obvious terraforming in the end of Isaiah, Zechariah or Revelation or do I need to show it to you?

Old 10-13-2008, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hello Jerrydb,

By simple logic its not when but where.

Micah 4
2(D)Many nations will come and say,
"(E)Come and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD
And to the house of the God of Jacob,
That (F)He may teach us about His ways
And that we may walk in His paths "
For (G)from Zion will go forth the law,
Even the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
3And He will (H)judge between many peoples
And render decisions for mighty, distant nations
Then they will hammer their swords (I)into plowshares
And their spears into pruning hooks;
Nation will not lift up sword against nation,
And never again will they train for war.
4Each of them will (J)sit under his vine
And under his fig tree,
With (K)no one to make them afraid,
For the (L)mouth of the LORD of hosts has spoken.
Matthew 25
31"But when (Y)the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then (Z)He will sit on His glorious throne.32"All the nations will be (AA)gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, (AB)as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; 33and He will put the sheep (AC)on His right, and the goats (AD)on the left.
34"Then the King will say to those on His right, 'Come, you who are blessed of My Father, (AE)inherit the kingdom prepared for you (AF)from the foundation of the world.

Revelation 12

5And (O)she gave birth to a son, a male child, who is to (P)rule all the nations with a rod of iron; and her child was (Q)caught up to God and to His throne.

Hebrews 9
27And inasmuch as (CA)it is appointed for men to die once and after this (CB)comes judgment,

So if Jesus judges the nations on his throne and after men have died where might this be?

Acts 7
But being (BZ)full of the Holy Spirit, he (CA)gazed intently into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing (CB)at the right hand of God;

And again speaking of Isaiah

Isaiah 66
I will set a (AT)sign among them and will send survivors from them to the nations: (AU)Tarshish, Put, (AV)Lud, Meshech, (AW)Tubal and Javan, to the distant (AX)coastlands that have neither heard My fame nor seen My glory And they will (AY)declare My glory among the nations.

Acts 17
"Therefore having (BG)overlooked (BH)the times of ignorance, God is (BI)now declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent,

If you are looking for a heavenly kingdom on earth, there is no understanding. The Christian interpretation is the spiritual kingdom interpretation (John 3,4). If its an earthly kingdom then Christianity is false.

Hasn't anyone noticed the obvious terraforming in the end of Isaiah, Zechariah or Revelation or do I need to show it to you?

Hello Gwynedd1. I really don't know what I can say we've talked before about this. I am a futurist. I believe in dispensational study, you can show me all the scriptures you want to but unless you rightly divide and compare scripture with Scripture. It leads to nothing but confusion and contradiction. I have explained my beliefs before, I believe that Christ came to this earth first to die for our sins, but also to confirm the covenant's that God made to Abraham. That's what the Gospels are talking about Jesus made a legitimate offer to the nation of Israel that if they would accept him. He would give them the kingdom that was promised to Abraham and his seed. When they rejected it. He set them aside. That's when Paul came on the scene. He showed Paul revelations and mysteries that the other apostles knew nothing about. So when it talks about mysteries. I want to delve in deeper and find out what he is talking about. Like the body of Christ, like the rapture, like the two stages of Christ's return before the tribulation and then after the tribulation. I know what you told me about the gap. But as far as I'm concerned, I believe it in Daniel and I believe it in Romans. And yes, I believe in an earthly kingdom after the great tribulation. Why do you think God is using the hundred and 44,000. These are the people that will come into that earthly kingdom. That is when they will build houses, age will expand animals will be tame. As long as we come from different belief systems we have nothing in common. I believe you belong to the body of Christ. But I also believe that you have shut your eyes to the true meaning of Scripture.

Born again Jerry God bless

Old 10-13-2008, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Hello Gwynedd1. I really don't know what I can say we've talked before about this. I am a futurist. I believe in dispensational study, you can show me all the scriptures you want to but unless you rightly divide and compare scripture with Scripture. It leads to nothing but confusion and contradiction. I have explained my beliefs before, I believe that Christ came to this earth first to die for our sins, but also to confirm the covenant's that God made to Abraham. That's what the Gospels are talking about Jesus made a legitimate offer to the nation of Israel that if they would accept him. He would give them the kingdom that was promised to Abraham and his seed. When they rejected it. He set them aside. That's when Paul came on the scene. He showed Paul revelations and mysteries that the other apostles knew nothing about. So when it talks about mysteries. I want to delve in deeper and find out what he is talking about. Like the body of Christ, like the rapture, like the two stages of Christ's return before the tribulation and then after the tribulation. I know what you told me about the gap. But as far as I'm concerned, I believe it in Daniel and I believe it in Romans. And yes, I believe in an earthly kingdom after the great tribulation. Why do you think God is using the hundred and 44,000. These are the people that will come into that earthly kingdom. That is when they will build houses, age will expand animals will be tame. As long as we come from different belief systems we have nothing in common. I believe you belong to the body of Christ. But I also believe that you have shut your eyes to the true meaning of Scripture.

Born again Jerry God bless
Hello Jerrydb,

I am not sure if you are asking me a rhetorical question and that you are looking for futurist only points of view? Because the title looks like a debate between the points of view.
Also as it happens you are giving me an interpretation. I believe it is better to focus on fundamentals and have very focused subject matter that we may build upon it.
For example, if you would like could we talk about Abraham? I do not believe anything in regard to Abraham has been set aside.
Let me know .
Regards , In Christ.

Old 10-13-2008, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hello Jerrydb,

I am not sure if you are asking me a rhetorical question and that you are looking for futurist only points of view? Because the title looks like a debate between the points of view.
Also as it happens you are giving me an interpretation. I believe it is better to focus on fundamentals and have very focused subject matter that we may build upon it.
For example, if you would like could we talk about Abraham? I do not believe anything in regard to Abraham has been set aside.
Let me know .
Regards , In Christ.
Gwynedd1 I need to get one thing straight. When I talk about the body of Christ. I am talking about the Gospel of grace. That's the Gospel that Paul was talking about, not the Gospel of the Kingdom that Jesus and the apostles were talking about. In this dispensation of grace. There is neither Jew nor Gentile, they are one in Christ. When I talk about Abraham, I am talking about the nation of Israel being set aside 1900 plus years. And I think we talked about the fullness of the Gentiles becoming in. For a full understanding if you would like, study. The whole chapter of Romans 11 especially verse seven. I believe that the election that it speaks of their are part of the body of Christ and the rest that were blinded are the ones that Paul says were set aside until the fullness of the Gentiles become in.

Acts 15:14 speaks about the same thing when it says Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name. And then verse 16 after this I will return as I've said before, what does he mean after this?

And then in Daniel Chapter 9:24, 70 weeks are determined upon thy people, and upon thy holy city. Daniel's people are the Jews, and yet, only 69 of those weeks have been fulfilled. One week is still to happen and that is the tribulation, and in Christ's day to this day has been 1900 plus years. So the Jews are still in unbelief, but God said, he's going to put a new heart into them that they will believe.

So you see, I do believe in a spiritual kingdom. The body of Christ, but I also believe in a earthly kingdom. I don't believe in spiritualizing scripture, unless it shows me in context, that that's the way it should be. When I put on here, age expanding, planting crops. No more wars, the animals are tame, building houses and living in them. I believe this is physical, and that flesh and blood people will be in the kingdom on earth. How could it be otherwise?

Born again Jerry. God bless you

Old 10-13-2008, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Gwynedd1 I need to get one thing straight. When I talk about the body of Christ. I am talking about the Gospel of grace. That's the Gospel that Paul was talking about, not the Gospel of the Kingdom that Jesus and the apostles were talking about. In this dispensation of grace. There is neither Jew nor Gentile, they are one in Christ. When I talk about Abraham, I am talking about the nation of Israel being set aside 1900 plus years. And I think we talked about the fullness of the Gentiles becoming in. For a full understanding if you would like, study. The whole chapter of Romans 11 especially verse seven. I believe that the election that it speaks of their are part of the body of Christ and the rest that were blinded are the ones that Paul says were set aside until the fullness of the Gentiles become in.
Hello Jerrydb,

I would like to put this on hold as a possible subject about Abraham. However I feel that the entire book of Romans makes more sense to study. As we discussed there is not cross reference to define fullness of the Gentiles. I think it makes more sense to look at things we can define.

Quote:
Acts 15:14 speaks about the same thing when it says Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name. And then verse 16 after this I will return as I've said before, what does he mean after this?
Look at the context. First Jesus builds the temple.Then may the Gentiles seek the Lord. Which temple? The temple of David. So you have it backwards. It was then he was taking them out for his name.

Acts 15
14"(AE)Simeon has related how God first concerned Himself about taking from among the Gentiles a people for His name. 15"With this the words of (AF)the Prophets agree, just as it is written,
16'(AG)AFTER THESE THINGS (AH)I will return,
AND I WILL REBUILD THE TABERNACLE OF DAVID WHICH HAS FALLEN,
AND I WILL REBUILD ITS RUINS,
AND I WILL RESTORE IT,
17(AI)SO THAT THE REST OF MANKIND MAY SEEK THE LORD,
AND ALL THE GENTILES (AJ)WHO ARE CALLED BY MY NAME,'
18(AK)SAYS THE LORD, WHO (AL)MAKES THESE THINGS KNOWN FROM LONG AGO.
Quote:
And then in Daniel Chapter 9:24, 70 weeks are determined upon thy people, and upon thy holy city. Daniel's people are the Jews, and yet, only 69 of those weeks have been fulfilled. One week is still to happen and that is the tribulation, and in Christ's day to this day has been 1900 plus years. So the Jews are still in unbelief, but God said, he's going to put a new heart into them that they will believe.
So you see, I do believe in a spiritual kingdom. The body of Christ, but I also believe in a earthly kingdom. I don't believe in spiritualizing scripture, unless it shows me in context, that that's the way it should be. When I put on here, age expanding, planting crops. No more wars, the animals are tame, building houses and living in them. I believe this is physical, and that flesh and blood people will be in the kingdom on earth. How could it be otherwise?

Born again Jerry. God bless you
But they did believe.

Acts 15
5But some of (N)the sect of the (O)Pharisees who had believed stood up, saying, "It is necessary to (P)circumcise them and to direct them to observe the Law of Moses."
Also is it not "spiritualizing" scripture to assume that 69 weeks is halted? There is nothing in Daniel indicating this.

Now let looks at what I see happening. During Jesus time Israel was prosperous and peaceful. There was a transition to the earthly to the kingdom of God.

Zechariah 8
3"Thus says the LORD, 'I will return to Zion and will (B)dwell in the midst of Jerusalem Then Jerusalem will be called the City of (C)Truth, and the mountain of the LORD of hosts will be called the Holy Mountain.' 4"Thus says the LORD of hosts, '(D)Old men and old women will again sit in the [a]streets of Jerusalem, each man with his staff in his hand because of age.
5'And the [b]streets of the city will be filled with (E)boys and girls playing in its streets.'
6"Thus says the LORD of hosts, 'If it is (F)too difficult in the sight of the remnant of this people in those days, will it also be (G)too difficult in My sight?' declares the LORD of hosts.
Now when will God dwell in Zion with old men and women with boys and girls playing in the streets? That does not sound like the Ressurection. The answer is he will not because he already did. The real tragic nature of futurism is that there is scripture everywhere concerning Jesus and the church but that point of view makes it invisible. Isaiah 66 is a perfect fulfillment of the church but applied to the future, its as if it did not even anticipate it. At the time of Zechariah when was the next time God lived among his people?

Zechariah 8
0"Thus says the LORD of hosts, 'It will yet be that (AM)peoples will come, even the inhabitants of many cities.
21'The inhabitants of one will go to another, saying, "Let us go at once to (AN)entreat the favor of the LORD, and to seek the LORD of hosts; I will also go."
22'So (AO)many peoples and mighty nations will come to seek the LORD of hosts in Jerusalem and to (AP)entreat the favor of the LORD.'
23"Thus says the LORD of hosts, 'In those days ten men from all the nations will (AQ)grasp the garment of a Jew, saying, "Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you."'"
Luke 7
16(F)Fear gripped them all, and they began (G)glorifying God, saying, "A great (H)prophet has arisen among us!" and, "God has visited His people!"
Mark 6
56Wherever He entered villages, or cities, or countryside, they were laying the sick in the market places, and imploring Him that they might just (BD)touch (BE)the fringe of His cloak; and as many as touched it were being cured.
Again would you say this is future. This is another direct statement about the church.

Isaiah 65
1"I permitted Myself to be sought by (A)those who did not ask for Me;
I permitted Myself to be found by those who did not seek Me
I said, 'Here am I, here am I,'
To a nation which (B)did not call on My name.
Now what advantage do you have here? How do you answer in the presence of the new heavens and new earth that there will be death? Since there will be death during the new heaven and new earth? It does not say that no one will die before 100 it says that those that do will be accursed. Futurism as I understand it sees the New heavens and New Earth after the 1000 years. How do you resolve this?

Isaiah 65
17"For behold, I create (AP)new heavens and a new earth;
And the (AQ)former things will not be remembered or come to mind.
18"But be (AR)glad and rejoice forever in what I create;
For behold, I create Jerusalem for rejoicing
And her people for gladness.
19"I will also (AS)rejoice in Jerusalem and be glad in My people;
And there will no longer be heard in her
The voice of (AT)weeping and the sound of crying.
20"No longer will there be in it an infant who lives but a few days,
Or an old man who does (AU)not live out his days;
For the youth will die at the age of one hundred
And the (AV)one who does not reach the age of one hundred
Will be thought accursed.
Before we die and while we live in the flesh we live side by side with the tares. Israel was once a seperate nation set apart from Gentiles and now in the kingdom they will grow side by side with the tares. That is the kingdom.

Matthew 13
27"The slaves of the landowner came and said to him, 'Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?'
28"And he said to them, 'An enemy has done this!' The slaves said to him, 'Do you want us, then, to go and gather them up?'
29"But he said, 'No; for while you are gathering up the tares, you may uproot the wheat with them.
30'Allow both to grow together until the harvest; and in the time of the harvest I will say to the reapers, "First gather up the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them up; but (V)gather the wheat into my barn."'"
38and the field is the world; and as for the good seed, these are (AG)the sons of the kingdom; and the tares are (AH)the sons of (AI)the evil one;
39and the enemy who sowed them is the devil, and the harvest is (AJ)the end of the age; and the reapers are angels.
Here we see the union of the flesh to become imperishable in the kingdom we are in now. Death is defeated when we are raised.

1 Corinthians 15
42(BH)So also is the resurrection of the dead It is sown (BI)a perishable body, it is raised (BJ)an imperishable body;
43it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in (BK)glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power;
44it is sown a (BL)natural body, it is raised a (BM)spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.
Now again we have gone from this :

Dueteronomy 7
6"For you are (I)a holy people to the LORD your God; the LORD your God has chosen you to be (J)a people for His own possession out of all the peoples who are on the face of the earth.
To this
30'Allow both to grow together until the harvest; and in the time of the harvest I will say to the reapers, "First gather up the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them up; but (V)gather the wheat into my barn."'"
Now look again. If tares and wheat are people are you sure you know what this means?

Isaiah 65
25"The (BE)wolf and the lamb will graze together, and the (BF)lion will eat straw like the ox; and (BG)dust will be the serpent's food They will (BH)do no evil or harm in all My (BI)holy mountain," says the LORD.

Here we see these are not animals but metaphors.

Jeremiah 5
6Therefore (L)a lion from the forest will slay them,
A (M)wolf of the deserts will destroy them,
A (N)leopard is watching their cities
Everyone who goes out of them will be torn in pieces,
Because their (O)transgressions are many,
Their apostasies are numerous.

Jesus the good shepherd does not allow harm to come to his flock.

John 10
I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd (M)lays down His life for the sheep.
12"He who is a hired hand, and not a (N)shepherd, who is not the owner of the sheep, sees the wolf coming, and leaves the sheep and flees, and the wolf snatches them and scatters them.
13"He flees because he is a hired hand and is not concerned about the sheep.
14"(O)I am the good shepherd, and (P)I know My own and My own know Me,
15even as (Q)the Father knows Me and I know the Father; and (R)I lay down My life for the sheep.
16"I have (S)other sheep, which are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will hear My voice; and they will become (T)one flock with (U)one shepherd.
In Isaiah 65 the kingdom of God is not about the animals but about man. The wolf and the lamb graze together until the judgment. -In Christ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or