U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-16-2008, 09:23 AM
 
4,439 posts, read 8,060,710 times
Reputation: 1461

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed Liberal View Post
I have witnessed enough babies doing something while they are looking at the parent because they KNOW its wrong.
I'd market those skills into book form. Do you know how many parents would love to know what their baby is thinking and if you can just tell by looking at them I think it would be a great benefit to new parents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed Liberal View Post
A 2 year is still innocent and precious in God's sight and would not qualify for the program of salvation
So what happens to a 2 yr old that dies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-16-2008, 09:42 AM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,449,783 times
Reputation: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
I'd market those skills into book form. Do you know how many parents would love to know what their baby is thinking and if you can just tell by looking at them I think it would be a great benefit to new parents.

I don't know what you are talking about
. Children are born in sin therefore we all have a sinful nature, nobody needs to teach children to misbehave, it comes natural. Children know when they are doing wrong. I have seen little children manipulate mommy and daddy even pitted their parents against one another. If a child had the strength of 4 grown men, if he or she wanted something that you wouldn't give, they rip off your arm and beat you to death with it.

Quote:
So what happens to a 2 yr old that dies.
If they don't qualify for the program of salvation they go to heaven
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2008, 09:51 AM
 
4,439 posts, read 8,060,710 times
Reputation: 1461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed Liberal View Post
I don't know what you are talking about.
Forgive me. I saw you said this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed Liberal View Post
I have witnessed enough babies doing something while they are looking at the parent because they KNOW its wrong.
And assumed by what you stated that you could look at a baby and tell what they were thinking. Am I wrong in that assumption?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed Liberal View Post
If they don't qualify for the program of salvation they go to heaven
What are the qualifications?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2008, 09:56 AM
 
7,780 posts, read 13,246,515 times
Reputation: 3440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Since Christians think that "no one cometh to the Father but by me"[Jesus], what do they think becomes of those people who have never heard of or been exposed to the teachings of Jesus? Limbo? Just lay in the grave? Go to hell? Just curious.
Romans says that even if someone doesn't know the name of Jesus, the Creation itself speaks to the existence of God.

In short, God is just.

No one will go to Heaven or Hell by accident.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2008, 10:00 AM
 
Location: Pleasant Shade Tn
2,214 posts, read 4,995,738 times
Reputation: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Romans says that even if someone doesn't know the name of Jesus, the Creation itself speaks to the existence of God.

In short, God is just.

No one will go to Heaven or Hell by accident.
I agree. All men will be judged fairly. God will be just, no matter what. Since the scriptures say 'This good news will be preached as a witness to all the nations and then the end will come', we can be confident that every land will be touched by the truth . But , certainly there will be individuals who remain ignorant of God's promises and these will be judged individually 'according to their deeds'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2008, 10:01 AM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,449,783 times
Reputation: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Forgive me. I saw you said this:

And assumed by what you stated that you could look at a baby and tell what they were thinking. Am I wrong in that assumption?
No....Have you ever looked at a baby who was doing something they weren't supposed to be doing and they knew it to because they were looking at you and even giggling, that is what I meant.

Quote:
What are the qualifications?
a 2 year old will go to heaven but the qualifications is grasping the gospel or the sense of right and wrong. Which is why I believe in many cases the mentally handicapped, insane, some people who are on drugs will be judged differently also.

Babies are bad by nature but they are too young to fully grasp, not to mention they are still humble in God's eyes. Remember when the Apostles were competing for God's attention and asked who is His favorite Apostle. Jesus pointed to a child and told them unless they come to Him like that child they will never enter the Kingdom of Heaven
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2008, 10:22 AM
 
Location: Pikeville, Ky.
13,459 posts, read 21,202,746 times
Reputation: 17675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed Liberal View Post
We all know God's Laws, it's called the Ten Commandments. The bible says, he wrote His Laws in our heart. We know what is wrong, lying, stealing, coveting, murder. We know, therefore we are without excuse on the day of judgment.

If people didn't go to hell if they never heard the gospel, then we shouldn't witness to people. we shouldn't even build churches because exposing anyone to the gospel could be the worst thing we Christians could do because after all we would not want everyone to go to hell.
Exactly, His laws are written in our heart (personality, conscious) to millions these are not called commandments but moral codes..

The worst thing we could do is not show the personality of Christ through our interactions with others, whether they believe or not..We should be witnessing about Gods unconditional love for his creation..

I don't believe that people go to "Hell" as so many people seem to get some sort of self satisfaction frightening children and people who are on a different path to God than they are..A fiery eternity of the burning of the human body is nothing but a scene from Dante's writings and depictions from the imaginations of the great artists of the past..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2008, 10:28 AM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,449,783 times
Reputation: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Exactly, His laws are written in our heart (personality, conscious) to millions these are not called commandments but moral codes..

The worst thing we could do is not show the personality of Christ through our interactions with others, whether they believe or not..We should be witnessing about Gods unconditional love for his creation..

I don't believe that people go to "Hell" as so many people seem to get some sort of self satisfaction frightening children and people who are on a different path to God than they are..A fiery eternity of the burning of the human body is nothing but a scene from Dante's writings and depictions from the imaginations of the great artists of the past..
I believe in hell and I tell people but we should not come to Jesus because we are afraid of hell, we should come to Him because we see His love and sacrifice keeping us from that place and wanting us to be with Him.

I have a question. Why would Jesus go through those agonizing 3 days, dieing physically and spiritually if there was no hell? I am curious
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2008, 10:30 AM
 
Location: Pleasant Shade Tn
2,214 posts, read 4,995,738 times
Reputation: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed Liberal View Post
I have a question. Why would Jesus go through those agonizing 3 days, dieing physically and spiritually if there was no hell? I am curious
Can you prove he was dying spiritually during those three days? Can you prove he was agonizing during that time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2008, 10:38 AM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,449,783 times
Reputation: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenavada View Post
Can you prove he was dying spiritually during those three days? Can you prove he was agonizing during that time?
After all the beatings, being nailed to the cross, not a peep out of Jesus except the screaming and moaning because he was fully human but when it was almost "finished" Jesus did an interesting thing, He cried out, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me"?

Right then and there God disconnected himself from Jesus because He couldn't take the sin that was thrust upon Jesus. No Christian would ever know what Jesus felt at that moment but people who go to hell will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top